Author Topic: Palin OUT  (Read 4465 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Palin OUT
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:31:40 PM »
Palin not running for president

October 5, 2011
    Wasilla, Alaska
    After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.

My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.

From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it.

I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs.

Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.

In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.

Thank you again for all your support. Let’s unite to restore this country!

God bless America.

– Sarah Palin
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Palin OUT
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
Now: Endorse Herman Cain, and encourage Michele Bachmann to leave the race and support him as well.

The GOP establishment is about to christen Romney. We need to have "Not Romney" established and supported fully.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »

Why do I have this queasy feeling that Cain won't be able to gather enough votes?  He hasn't been vetted yet.
He hasn't enunciated a plan to control the border or what he will do about illegal aliens.  The most we know is
he said "high walls and big doors" and something negative about Perry's plan.  More than that we do not know.

Another thing, his 999 tax plan is on top of a "reformed tax code", not an elimination of existing tax code.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »
 ::facepalm::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
Well, this is certainly disappointing.  However, I've been saying since September 2008 that I wouldn't blame her a bit if she turned her back on the slime pit that is American politics.  It's her life and her family, after all.  She doesn't owe me a damn thing.

Maybe it was for family reasons, or maybe she studied the polls and decided she couldn't win.  Or maybe it was because she realized that the situation is too far gone and a collapse is inevitable.  Some mistakes are unrecoverable, and that might be the case with America's election of Obama.

It may be time to stop discussing how or whether or when the collapse is coming, but rather how to weather it and pick up the pieces afterwards.

I've compared her to Joan of Arc before.  That comparison may still be valid.  Maybe she will end up as the leader of the American Resistance.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
I listened to her entire interview on Mark Levin's program today. It seems to me like she has no intention of stepping back or away. She's going to keep doing exactly what she's been doing.

Levin literally sounded choked-up a couple times.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
I was busy watching the Phillies game, of course. 

It was almost relaxing compared to last night's game, which was absolutely terrifying in the late innings.  They certainly do give the fans their money's worth.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
I listened to her entire interview on Mark Levin's program today. It seems to me like she has no intention of stepping back or away. She's going to keep doing exactly what she's been doing.

Levin literally sounded choked-up a couple times.

Heard it too.  I am disappointed. Now I have to make a choice....

I guess I've never recovered from getting to vote for Reagan the first time I voted for President. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »

She really was a long shot.

Something more pressing is Florida. 
January 29, 2008, McCain won Florida. 
Florida's vote will be January 31, this year. 
It's October 5, three months and twenty five days until,
quite possibly, the deciding vote on who will be our nominee.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
Ok...I can deal with it. Don't like it, but to protect her family, she is better suited fighting for conservative principles in the roll she has carved. She made the right choice IF she throws her weight behind Cain.
This could get interesting. Here we have the establishment republicans telling us it must be romney and have thrown their money machine behind him......We have an ever increasing in strength Palin, who I hope and pray will throw her support to Cain because her endorsement, imo, would open up the donations from average America.(ns) Smaller donations, by the 100's of thousands, possibly millions, imho.

The battle would be on and I relish it. Want it. Pray for it. Not only can we take back our country, but our party as well. We can send a message to obama and the elitist republicans.

C'mon Sarah....... come on out for Cain. Don't wait.....do it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »
I'm afraid it will be ABO--Anybody But Obama.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 09:51:23 PM »
Not unexpected but it also doesn't preclude a change of heart should that nominee not generate much enthusiasm.  But if I had to bet I'd say she is serious about not wanting to make a run.  But part of me wonders why an announcement would be made at this time...possibly throwing the MFM off the scent...hold open the option of a draft effort to rescue us from our own folly?

I dunno, but if our primaries get railroaded by the Ruling Class this election could be given away before the general election is even reached and the splintering of the GOP will occur early than I predict.

Charles is right, our focus has to be on not getting railroaded in the primaries.  We lose control of the nominee and its over.

ABO is all the Ruling Class is banking on, and that is what they can choke on if this process gets hijacked by RC PTB's!  Taking my vote for granted is a serious mistake.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:15 PM »
I would have liked to see her run.
Not sure I wanted her to be prez.

Just had a terrible thought, though.
What if she throws her weight behind Perry.
She did before and some of her other endorsements were less than conservative

Offline Janny

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 10:20:47 PM »
I'm afraid it will be ABO--Anybody But Obama.

Not necessarily in my case.  If the Republican nominee is not to my liking, I will vote Libertarian.

I've done it before, and I can do it again without batting an eye.

I am done with voting for the lesser of two evils, and I mean it this time.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
I would have liked to see her run.
Not sure I wanted her to be prez.

Just had a terrible thought, though.
What if she throws her weight behind Perry.
She did before and some of her other endorsements were less than conservative

This is not a terrible thought. Who remains that approaches conservative? There are two choices, Cain and Perry.
As attractive as Herman Cain is his positions, past the slogans, are unknown, also unknown is how he will work
with congress. He can't fire them as he did at Godfather's.

Perry's record is known by referencing Texas as it is and why. However, he has not yet clearly elaborated this
to the general public any more than Cain has his policies.

A best cast scenario would be for Palin and Rubio to get behind a candidate, then for us to put whatever we
have or whatever they need behind that candidate.  If they pick Cain, fine. If they pick Perry, fine.  The die
will be cast and it will be our job back them (Palin and Rubio) up.

I hope they get the memo.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
I'm not begging anybody to run. If they don't want it it's fine. ABO this go around I can live with.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
I'm still not even sure we will have elections next year, so the whole thing may be moot.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 10:33:33 PM »
I'm not begging anybody to run. If they don't want it it's fine. ABO this go around I can live with.

Don't give up yet.