Author Topic: Cold, hard reality.  (Read 3322 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Cold, hard reality.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »

They need to wipe the slate.
If today they whacked EPA, OSHA, CAFE standards, and all these restrictive work and production related regulators.  The government would be relieved of Billions in debt - because paying for that mess is debt and immediately all fabrication and production would be relieved of regulation.  There would be an incalculable boom, money would be in circulation, people would be working and $$$$ would be pouring into the treasury without being spilled to the vampires.

We would be awash in jobs, cheap energy, and multiples of goodies to buy and sell here and abroad.  The retentives must be separated from control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Cold, hard reality.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »
You're referring to the "adult" children?  This isn't enough for them?

"The unfunded liabilities of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid already exceed $106 trillion ....and exceeds the combined value of every U.S. bank account, stock certificate, building and piece of personal or public property.

As far as the children-children go, they need to be told to STFD and STFU.

My father used to say, "keep it up; I'll give you something to cry about".  Applicable in both cases.

I think our pappy's may have been separated at birth!

But this nation is in dire need of tough love, that's for damn sure!  We can't inflate our way out, we can't spend our way out, we can't hope our way out, we can't tax or confiscate our way out...slashed tax rates for growth, higher interest rates for investment and draconian cuts in government are the only thing that can save this nation.  everything else is purre fantasy and will only lead to certain collapse!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.