Poll

Choose One (candidates arranged in no particular order)

Bachmann
1 (7.1%)
Huntsman
0 (0%)
Romney
0 (0%)
Cain
9 (64.3%)
Perry
2 (14.3%)
Johnson
0 (0%)
Gingrich
1 (7.1%)
Santorum
0 (0%)
Paul
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 08, 2011, 01:59:33 PM

Author Topic: October 2011 IAL Member Poll: Who Do You Lean Toward As A Primary Candidate?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Since the field is pretty much set in stone now I think it would be constructive to know how are members are leaning at this point.

Poll will expire in two days. Results will be viewable after poll expires. You may not change your vote so give it some thought.

You may comment however you see fit but I think it would be better to keep your vote to yourself until after the poll expires. After the poll closes feel free to go nuts.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
 ::popcorn::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A secret ballot!  I like it!  It's so American, and so non-unionista!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Okay, five of you have voted. Let's get the rest of you on the record. I will release the results early if the participation is near complete.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

How can anyone participate in a political forum and not vote?
Being Friday and also many folks come by once a day maybe
cut time a little slack to allow them to vote.  If one does not
vote here can he be expected to vote in the election?

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
No "none of the above option"?

I did vote earlier and considered that we were talking primary.
When the results are in, I'll disclose who and why

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
OK, I have a few minutes between flights so I voted. Not giving anything away but I'm betting that mine will be a sole vote. I'll explain later.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Ten members have voted as of right now. If we can get five or six more I will open the poll results early.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
No "none of the above option"?

I did vote earlier and considered that we were talking primary.
When the results are in, I'll disclose who and why

"None of the above" seemed inappropriate given that no one else is likely to enter the primary at this point.

Not participating in the poll would work about the same way, I expect.

We have been through quite a few moronic debates, witnessed gaffes, listened to policy statements and had time to get a feel for the candidates. You can always change your mind later. I will do another poll next month so if things change you can throw your support in another direction at that point.

This poll will be "un-stickyed" after the poll is concluded.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:24:57 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

We've got a lot of non participants.

ETA:
Thingy says we have 20 members online right now.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
OK I just got here for this.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
If one does not vote here can he be expected to vote in the election?

What?

Because there's a difference between an election and a meaningless internet poll.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

What?

Because there's a difference between an election and a meaningless internet poll.

How dare you? This is no meaningless internet poll, this is an official IAL members poll,
highly prized and extremely significant.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes

What?

How dare you? This is no meaningless internet poll, this is an official IAL members poll,

::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The official audited vote totals of this poll will be turned over to the RNC with a list of our demands.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Anyone ... ANYONE ... who can defeat Stymie !

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders

What?

Besides which it's designed to draw you out into the open... ::dueling::

Seriously, I know that I am assessing and reassessing as we go forward and know that, although we have had candidate discussions, I for one am interested to see how our opinions are evolving.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Well who won?? ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

There's not twenty people at this whole forum that's paid their poll tax.  They can't vote.   ::rockets::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Cain literally 9 to 1 over Bachmann, Gingrich and Paul (someone needs to fess up over that one).

9 to 2 over Perry.

Okay, this was pretty much the way that I expected it would be. Just wanted to know.