Author Topic: Obama Court Case Could Force Christian Schools, Churches to Employ HIV-Positive  (Read 904 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Obama Court Case Could Force Christian Schools,Churches to Employ HIV-Positive,Transgender Teachers and Church Employees

By Ben Johnson

"I wrote recently of the Obama administration’s Supreme Court challenge to the “ministerial exception.” If successful,the government will allow Christian schoolteachers and church employees considered “ministers”to sue their churches for violating anti-discrimination laws. There is a deeper,more disturbing aspect to the EEOC’s advocacy in this case. As this administration enforces those laws,it could require a Christian school to employ a transgender,HIV-positive homosexual as an elementary teacher. The government may impose Affirmative Action upon churches,as well.

The “ministerial exception”has been enforced by lower courts for decades,but the Supreme Court has never defined its parameters. Courts have ruled,essentially,that churches have the right to define their own criteria for who can serve as a minister. The Supreme Court began hearing arguments this week in Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission,which would allow a Christian schoolteacher and “commissioned-minister,”Cheryl Perich,to sue her Lutheran school for discrimination against the disabled. (She has been diagnosed with narcolepsy.)

The act Perich invoked,the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),defines those who are HIV-positive as “disabled.”The website of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division specifically states:

Q:Are people with HIV or AIDS protected by the ADA?

A:Yes....

Read More and Comment:
http://www.exposeobama.com/2011/10/06/obama-court-case-could-force-christian-schools-churches-to-employ-hiv-positive-transgender-teachers-and-church-employees/

Two words; Home Schooling! ::gaah::
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:51:45 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Two more words - taxpayer revolt!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
My two: Ideological Purification.

I hope that scares the poop outta the left. I'm sick and tired of my tolerance of leftists being rewarded by more and more (and more and more) infringements on my liberties. They demand 'diversity' and we've discovered that this means "anything except 'white' American culture".

Remember my dad's realist warning: "Keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
My two: Ideological Purification.

I hope that scares the poop outta the left. I'm sick and tired of my tolerance of leftists being rewarded by more and more (and more and more) infringements on my liberties. They demand 'diversity' and we've discovered that this means "anything except 'white' American culture".

Remember my dad's realist warning: "Keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about"

A classic!

And quite fitting in this context!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Problem is, George Soros is funding the Protesters moving around the Country. Now the Unions are getting involved. If The Tea Party or any other Conservative Group meet them half way and an altercation happens, bam! Emergency Rule, suspend elections and blood, blood, everywhere. Do you think Obama cares? Not in the slightest, why I will venture to say he welcomes it.