Author Topic: Vinson stays O-Care ruling for 7 days; including critique of administration  (Read 1892 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Vinson stays his order in response to the administration's disingenuous request for "clarification". His ruling is pretty terse and critical, with none of the "I'm sure the administration had the best of intentions" language of the original ruling of unconstitutionality. It's a pretty good read with good commentary from Ed.

From HotAir...

Breaking: Vinson stays ruling on ObamaCare – but just for seven days

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Keep the pressure on!!And in seven days if and when they appeal reconfirm the original statement.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Judge Vinson's getting a thing on for the Chairman.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
 ::cool::

I like this guy!

Duh (lame) Wun isn't used to being scolded, but a scolding he deserved and a scolding he got!

Up your  ::cussing:: loser!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.