Author Topic: Behar to Cain: GOP Hasn't Been 'Black Friendly' for Centuries  (Read 785 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Behar to Cain: GOP Hasn't Been 'Black Friendly' for Centuries
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »
Filed under 2012 Election, Politics

"Presidential hopeful Herman Cain made an appearance on ABC’s The View this week and had to deflect staggering ignorance from host Joy Behar. Discussing Cain’s assertion that some blacks are “brainwashed” not to consider any conservative ideas, the very first sentence out of Behar mouth was “The Republican Party hasn't been black friendly over the many centuries in this country.”

Sadly, the coffee klatch program is what passes for as “intelligent” conversation on TV these days. Behar blather is ignorant in a million ways and indicative of the historical illiteracy of the far left in this country.

First, of course, this county hasn't even been a country for “many centuries.” We are only about 235 years old as a nation! Most people don’t claim two as “many,” but only as “a couple.”

Second, the Republican Party has also not been around for “many centuries in this country.” The party is only about 155 years old.

Third, when the party itself was started it was derisively called the “Black Republicans” by Behar beloved Democrats because it was so friendly to America’s blacks. The party was founded with a pro-black agenda, its primary goal being the abolition all blacks from slavery and assuring them civil rights. In fact, for many decades after the Civil War and on into the 1900s most black Americans were Republicans, not Democrats. The very first blacks elected to Congress ran as Republicans. Blacks being Democrats is a relatively new development in our history."

Post Continues bigjournalism.com http://bigjournalism.com/wthuston/2011/10/08/behar-to-cain-gop-hasnt-been-black-friendly-for-centuries/

Thank God for the Joy's of Behar, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Streisand, Janine Garofalo, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and countless other Women, who truly have made the Democratic Party what it is today! ::clapping:: ::curtsy4::
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:06:11 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Behar to Cain: GOP Hasn't Been 'Black Friendly' for Centuries
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
Unfortunately, having a thought and then uttering it passes for intelligence in this country.

But then if everyone you know is stupid how you going to know differently?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »
The View hasn't been IQ friendly for centuries.  I know, I know Barbwa isn't old enough to use that in the plural form, but I think the accumulated fail of The View allows us to use that plural form of 'century.'

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »
The View hasn't been IQ friendly for centuries. 

::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
Thank God for the Joy's of Behar, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Streisand, Janine Garofalo, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and countless other Women, who truly have made the Democratic Party what it is today!

You omitted Roseanne the Beheader.  (And I saw what you did there!)

Gifts that keep on giving, all.

Unfortunately, a lot of women listen to and agree with them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
I love how Whoopi jumps in to try to save Behar's ass... "I think she was talking about the last 25 years..."
 ::hysterical::

Money quotes come at about 4:30...

Herman Cain Talks Politics Part 1 - The View

All in all, Cain comes through this interview in hostile NAG territory very, very well. Even garnered applause from the NAG audience for some conservative statements.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:36:08 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »

Surviving them intact is meritorious.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Thank God for the Joy's of Behar, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Streisand, Janine Garofalo, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and countless other Women, who truly have made the Democratic Party what it is today!

You omitted Roseanne the Beheader.  (And I saw what you did there!)

Gifts that keep on giving, all.

Unfortunately, a lot of women listen to and agree with them.

Yes, unfortunately their are considerably "DUMB" Men, and Women. Neither Gender, ::ohno:: holds an exclusive on that!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
 Kudos to Caine. I thought he was exemplary.::clapping::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson