Author Topic: Welcome To The American Autumn  (Read 821 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Welcome To The American Autumn
« on: October 11, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
October 11, 2011 by Robert Ringer

"Van Jones praised the Wall Street hippie occupiers as the start of an “American Autumn.”The dreams-from-my-father moment appears to be nearing as riots, sit-ins and protests grow throughout the country. “Social-justice” miscreants — a whole new generation of hippies — have escaped their cages and are running wild in New York, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago and other U.S. cities. And make no mistake about it: They’re looking for red meat.

This weird mixture of commies and cuckoos are ecstatic over what BHO’s policies have done to the U.S. economy in less than three years, and they must surely be drooling over the thought of five more years of economic destruction. They believe, or at least they believe they believe, in the greatest of all contradictions — that by destroying wealth, there will be more wealth to share with “the masses”… you know, like in Mao Zedong’s China, Vladimir Lenin’s and Joseph Stalin’s Soviet Union, and Fidel Castro’s Cuba.

As you would expect, high-profile radicals — led by the Radical-in-Chief in the White House — are now crawling out of the woodwork and cheerleading the rabble-rousers. Some examples:

Frances Fox Piven, of Cloward-Piven fame, has waited four decades for a far-left savior to finish the job of destroying the U.S. economy and getting a majority of Americans dependent on the government for survival. Piven and her late husband, Richard Cloward, wrote an infamous article in 1966 titled “The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty.” In it they advocated pushing more people into social-welfare programs, which they believed would collapse the system and force reforms that would lead to a guaranteed annual income. This ugly little slice of Marxist cunning is commonly referred to as the “Cloward–Piven strategy.” In an interview at one of the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York, Piven said, “I teach at the Graduate School of the City University of New York. I am here because I am so enthusiastic about the possibilities of this sit-in, over the marches that are occurring over postal-worker issues, the sister demonstrations that are starting in Chicago and Los Angeles, and maybe in Boston. I think we desperately need a popular uprising in the United States.” I agree. We do need a popular uprising in the United States, but the Tea Party is already addressing that need. Tea Partiers just have to become more aggressive in pushing back against big government.

Van Jones, the first known self-avowed communist appointed to a major position (Green Jobs Czar) by an American President, praised the Wall Street hippie occupiers as the start of an “American Autumn.” Jones has instituted something called the “American Dream Movement” that, as far as I can tell, seeks to destroy the American dream and replace it with an equality-of-results society. Jones says he wants to “build a progressive counterbalance to the tea party” and take back the American dream. Sounds a bit strange — take the American dream? I wonder how you do that. After all, the American dream is about freedom. Does Jones mean that he wants to take freedom away from those he deems to be too successful?

Even Rosanne Barr, a one-time comedienne who was not very funny even in her prime, recently came back from the dead to offer up this Mao-like solution to the grievances of the social-justice crowd: “I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount… of that amount… then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps. And if that doesn’t help, then being beheaded.”

Sounds like fun to me. Maybe the government will start subsidizing guillotine manufacturers and refer to them as creators of “red jobs.”

http://www.personalliberty.com/conservative-politics/welcome-to-the-american-autumn/?eiid=&rmid=2011_10_11_PLA_[P11311906]&rrid=306899022 ::hat-tip::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Welcome To The American Autumn
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
“I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount… of that amount… then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps. And if that doesn’t help, then being beheaded.”

If I were an NBC exec, I'd hire her. 

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
“I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount… of that amount… then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps. And if that doesn’t help, then being beheaded.”

Just between you and me and a tree, what makes you think they don't? ::rimshot::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »

If for no other reason than to bump her over that magic $100 mil mark  ::guillotine::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »

If for no other reason than to bump her over that magic $100 mil mark  ::guillotine::

::cool::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson