Author Topic: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage  (Read 7522 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:19:58 AM »
Guests: Register for a FREE account, and join the discussion!

Just login using the "chatroom login" bar at the bottom of the page. If you'd take a moment beforehand to select your avatar picture before logging in, that will make it easier for others to identify who is currently speaking.

The debate will be on Bloomberg television. Click HERE to find a Bloomberg Television station in your area.

Apparently it can be watched online HERE or HERE.

Charles and I tested the chat function for live-blogging the last debate in Florida, and it seemed to work well. The program is responsive, and not glitchy. The cool part is, after the chat is closed, I can archive the entire session, and post it as a thread.

When Charles and I live-blogged the Florida debate, he was watching on TV, while I was watching online. We figured out that as the debate progressed, he was seeing things earlier and earlier than I was. I think perhaps because the video feed to the website was occasionally buffering, and instead of coming back in at the current moment, it would come back in where it left off, so that by the end of the debate for Charles, I still had about 3 or 4 minutes remaining to watch. Hopefully that won't be the case this evening, as the easiest thing for me to do is watch online on one monitor, while blogging on the other. But if it does lag, I can always pull the laptop to the TV room.

The times are 8 Eastern/7 Central for the debate, and 7 Eastern/6 Central for the pre-debate coverage.

I'm not even sure yet what my availability is this evening,  but I'm going to do my best to be here for the entire debate.

Perhaps if you plan on being here, you might note that in this thread, so we can get a sense of who's likely to show up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:19:02 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
Tonight will be a make or break event for Cain.

The media will be focusing on him now that he is the new "not Romney" candidate. The media has already dispatched both Bachmann and Perry who were the previous "not Romneys" although both of those candidates needed little help to self destruct.

Cain has been gaffe prone on previous occasions and does not show a tendency to be professionally coached so I will have my fingers crossed that he will be on his game tonight more than ever. Cain is it, now. There are no other viable "not Romneys" out there. If he blows it we will be stuck with Romney and it will be all over.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »
If I was forced to guess right now, I'd say we're going to be looking at Romney/Cain bumper stickers next year. I really hate to say that. But it is a winning combination.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »
My preference would be for a Cain/Gingrich pairing.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »
My preference would be for a Cain/Gingrich pairing.

You know what would really eat the libbies alive? Cain/Palin.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
The Tigers need a win tonight to stay alive.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »
Where on this site do we find the live-chat area?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
Where on this site do we find the live-chat area?

Scroll to the bottom of the page, you should see a darker blue bar that says "chatroom login".

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
Scroll to the bottom of the page, you should see a darker blue bar that says "chatroom login".

I just made the attempt... does it only work at the set-aside times that the forum admins turn on the chat feature?  I logged in and it just sent me to the home page of the forum.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »
Hmmm... it should work anytime. I have a window open in there right now, just to see if you popped in.

If it's worth it to you, try closing out of your browser and opening back up and trying again. I seem to remember having a similar problem several months ago, and it kind of just "went away".

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »

Carl Cameron is talking up the debate.  Romney 44%  Cain 13%  Perry 13%. 
The current polls and these caucus votes only represent how the people in
the room feel.  Rasmussen is the only believable poll.  The MSM is pushing
the OTR which is true, more so than they understand.  I think Romney can win
the debates and lose the primary.   

All the best to Cain and Romney

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »
Hopefully Cain can clarify his empowerment zones and alleviate some anxiety we have over just hearing those words uttered together.

Our current discussion on this subject -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3299.0.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
Just bumping this to make sure people see it. I'll bump it periodically throughout the day, just to keep it on the recent post list.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »
Hmmm... it should work anytime. I have a window open in there right now, just to see if you popped in.

If it's worth it to you, try closing out of your browser and opening back up and trying again. I seem to remember having a similar problem several months ago, and it kind of just "went away".

That works.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to participate -- activities between 8-10 pm are usually restricted.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
Just bumping this to make sure people see it. I'll bump it periodically throughout the day, just to keep it on the recent post list.

It is my intent to attend.  Life though may interject reality upon my plans.. but if I can make it happen; I'll be here.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »

It is my intent to attend.  Life though may interject reality upon my plans.. but if I can make it happen; I'll be here.

I'm in the same boat. My younger boy has a football game that goes until 6:30. Depending on what we do for dinner.... But if I can. I'll be here.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/7/2011 10:08 pm (ct).
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 10:42 am (ct).
IronDioPriest: knock knock. this thing on?
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 10:52 am (ct).
Delnorin: Ah, there we go.. totally worked this time. Thanks Iron.
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 10:52 am (ct).
IronDioPriest: yeah, cool
IronDioPriest: I just had the exact same glitch as you
IronDioPriest: I closed out and tried to re-enter, and got redirected to the home page. closed the browser, and tried again, and here I am
Delnorin: There is comfort in knowing you are not alone.. but sometimes.. say.. when we are all getting screwed-over.. it's good to know that at least someone isn't.
IronDioPriest: heh
IronDioPriest: yup
IronDioPriest: you gonna try to be here this eve?
Delnorin: I'm working this evening.. what time is the event?
IronDioPriest: It starts at 8 Eastern
IronDioPriest: so... what's that, 6 mountain?
IronDioPriest: you in mountain time?
Delnorin: Ah.. nice... I had the +/- 3 hours thing backwards.. 8 Eastern is 5 here in Arizona (right now). I'll be here (subject to catastrophic events at work).
IronDioPriest: cool.
Delnorin: Hopefully the video/link of the event isn't blocked by the town firewalls.
IronDioPriest: why would it be?
Delnorin: I can see if more than 2-3 people are in this chat room.. the comments will scroll by too fast to read. I need to adjust higher than 10 lines.
Delnorin: The town likes to block video streaming on the firewall when they stumble across feeds like that.
IronDioPriest: yup. I think 30 was what I settled on last time
Delnorin: Relogging in with new line #.
IronDioPriest: so your broadband comes through the town as your ISP?
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 10:58 am (ct).
Delnorin: Whoops.. must be a way to log off instead of just closing the window... it didn't change when I moved it to 30.
IronDioPriest: hmmm...
IronDioPriest: lemme try
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 10:59 am (ct).
Delnorin: AFK.. bio break... breakfast.. duties around the house. Time to get the daughter up and teach her some science (homeschool).
IronDioPriest: so, I think it starts the new number going forward
Delnorin: Ah okay
IronDioPriest: talk to you later on
Delnorin: Ah.. there -is- an "exit" button under this typing window.. that's probably the way I should depart.
Delnorin: logs off on 10/11/2011 11:01 am (ct).
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 11:29 am (ct).
Delnorin: logs off on 10/11/2011 11:29 am (ct).
Pandora: logs in on 10/11/2011 2:13 pm (ct).
Pandora: logs off on 10/11/2011 2:13 pm (ct).
Damn_Lucky: logs in on 10/11/2011 4:04 pm (ct).
Damn_Lucky: Hopefully I'll be back @7
Damn_Lucky: logs off on 10/11/2011 4:05 pm (ct).
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 4:39 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: logs in on 10/11/2011 5:23 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: logs in on 10/11/2011 5:24 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: Christie and Romney just asked Perry to walk that preacherman back
Charles Oakwood: logs off on 10/11/2011 5:26 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: logs in on 10/11/2011 5:55 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: logs off on 10/11/2011 5:56 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: logs in on 10/11/2011 6:00 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: The show is on
Charles Oakwood: It's at the college and in front of a bunch of college chanters
Damn_Lucky: logs in on 10/11/2011 6:02 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: Freaking out Al Hunt and Matt Dowd, Is he Maurine's wife?
Damn_Lucky: Sorry guys and gals but I hade too much fun at Kansas City Raceway this weekend.............Good night and God Bless.
Charles Oakwood: It's chant city, yuck
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 6:29 pm (ct).
IronDioPriest: College chanters... should be a healthy quantity of PaulBots.
IronDioPriest: logs in on 10/11/2011 6:32 pm (ct).
Charles Oakwood: I can't take that bs. Sitting it out until 8.
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 6:34 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Ah.. working on my personal laptop.. just the city Windows XP (outdated) won't bring up the chat.
IronDioPriest: XP won't handle the chat applet??
Delnorin: I hope the chanters actually allow the candidates to be heard when they answer the questions.
Delnorin: XP: Not the town's comp.. it's three steps below lame.
Delnorin: This guy has some serious vulcan eyebrows.
IronDioPriest: hehe
Delnorin: Bow ties are becoming the new parachute pants.
Delnorin: Cool.. the guy on the remote being interviews.. has a radio voice all the time.... Big Big sales down at Yosemite Auto Sales!! Sorry.. voices crack me up sometimes.
Delnorin: It'd be nice if they put up the name on the teli of who's talking... They're three random strangers to me so far.
IronDioPriest: oooh, this guy is Austin Goolsbee
IronDioPriest: Obama's former economic advisor.
IronDioPriest: wonderful
IronDioPriest: This guy's full of scat
IronDioPriest: I predict a Leftist disruption to the debate
IronDioPriest: I'm on record
Charles Oakwood: Seems as is this is going to be the gotcha debate. Well another different observation
IronDioPriest: Like your new avatar CHarles
Delnorin: The whole 'gotcha' theme is disgusting... running for a bottle of water.. brb.
Delnorin: Who is sponsoring this debate?
Delnorin: Ah.. I think it's the Washington Post and Bloomburg sponsoring it.
Delnorin: The poll on http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics is retarded.. you can't vote for you want and they turn the results into a joke as if they are mocking the cannidates.
IronDioPriest: Frikkin Charlie Rose
IronDioPriest: never forgive him for his shameless attack on Palin
IronDioPriest: why on earth do pubbies agree to enter into hostile territory for these debates
IronDioPriest: oh yeah, forgot about newt
IronDioPriest: 999 baby
Charles Oakwood: Thanks
Delnorin: 999 brought up already.. cool.
Charles Oakwood: say nol
Delnorin: It's frustrating that our candidates have to enter "Lion's Dens" as raw meat to be heard. The communists own the media.
IronDioPriest: Perry seems like his mind vacates the premises
Charles Oakwood: he just said Cut the EPA
IronDioPriest: did he? I missed it because I was focusing on the blank look in his eyes
IronDioPriest: Rose looks evil
Charles Oakwood: old drunk
Delnorin: He looks like Voldemort's lackie.
IronDioPriest: romney sure is polished
Charles Oakwood: slick
Delnorin: Oh please.. don't make me count the "ugh" the Perry uses tonight... I'd have to use exponential notation.
Charles Oakwood: dereggalate
IronDioPriest: will he say nucular?
IronDioPriest: she's purty
Charles Oakwood: gorgeous
Delnorin: Snortlaugh... the damage the executives did?... there!!! Bachman nailed it!
IronDioPriest: let her answer, dipstick
Delnorin: The Feds forced the banks to do what they did.
Delnorin: Kick A$$.. she nailed that answer!
IronDioPriest: yes she ddid
Charles Oakwood:
Charles Oakwood: `
Charles Oakwood:
Charles Oakwood: 1!
Delnorin: Bachmann: 1 point.
IronDioPriest: !!!!!!!!!!!
Charles Oakwood: yes
IronDioPriest: Newt says what Rickl's been saying
Delnorin: Not every american has a reason to be angry. If you voted in Obama and sat on your butt your whole life wanting a hand out.. and now are there to get attention... no.. they don't have a right to be angry. They caused the crap they are sitting in.
IronDioPriest: Leftists plus Tea Party
IronDioPriest: Newt really pisses me off. He's so damn good and smart. But he's so political
Delnorin: Amen Iron.
IronDioPriest: !!!!!!!!
IronDioPriest: Newt Hammered it
Delnorin: Is Ron's right eyebrow falling off?
IronDioPriest: heheheheheh
Delnorin: I love his tie.
IronDioPriest: ROTFLMAOOL!
Charles Oakwood: artificial booms END THE FED
IronDioPriest: dont disagree with anything Paul said'
Delnorin: Wow.. pretty lady.
IronDioPriest: Pretty Leftist
IronDioPriest: good answer santorum
Delnorin: I hate that.. all leftist should be ugly. A person's outward appearance should mirror their soul.
IronDioPriest: what was Perry's look??
IronDioPriest: did like Hunstman's fart joke?
Charles Oakwood: he's uncomfortable, Fishbowl got bigger
Delnorin: His look I think was a hemoroid flare up.
Delnorin: He had that painful shifting hole on fire look.
Delnorin: Is this reporter in red Helen Thomas' sister?
IronDioPriest: way too pretty
Delnorin:
Charles Oakwood: death panels
Charles Oakwood: take two aspirin and call in the morning
IronDioPriest: good answer.
IronDioPriest: I hate to say it, but I have to wonder if that conversation with Obama really took place
IronDioPriest: huntsman is a good opportunity to take a leak... BRB
Delnorin: I'm not sure I like this format.. I like to hear the question and then the answer.. not the bouncing around chaos.
Charles Oakwood: charlie needs a drink
Delnorin: Cain has class.
IronDioPriest: hahaha... asshat
Charles Oakwood: abolish the IRS who's going to say it?
IronDioPriest: was hunstman just talking? I thought it was my daughter's talking Ken doll
Charles Oakwood: same same
Delnorin: I really hate the way the established candidates treat the others.. they laugh for 15 seconds into Paul's turn.. and look condescending as Cain talks.
Delnorin: Say it.... get rid of the IRS
IronDioPriest: nice way he addressed hunstmans slam
IronDioPriest: ...and I'm hot....
IronDioPriest: thought bubble above romney's head... damn, you're hot...
Charles Oakwood: roledex answer #3
Delnorin: The lady annoys me... Romney.. what are you going to do about the economy now that Bush destroyed it? (facepalm)
IronDioPriest: he's damn slick
Charles Oakwood: he's been practicing for 7 years
Delnorin: 4 years.. then flush. TERM LIMITS.
Charles Oakwood: yeah we're on the precip..
Delnorin: If you're so slick that you can sound amazing and still screw someone over.. you're too good a politician and should depart.
IronDioPriest: Rose is such a douche
Charles Oakwood: well charlie I'll pick you
IronDioPriest: I think Romney's convincing the "bundlers" that he's the one
IronDioPriest: Cain bolsters the notion that he's in Romney's back pocket
Delnorin: I think this would be fun: Keep mentioning other candidates in a round-robin manner... so they can keep their 30 second rebuttles going around so they can just ignore the moderators and have a substinative debate on their own.
Charles Oakwood: Herman, we're engraving your Tees
Delnorin: Abolish the FEd... awesome Newt!
Charles Oakwood: all messed up
IronDioPriest: He's right
IronDioPriest: break time
IronDioPriest: nice ominous music
IronDioPriest: no happy thoughts
Delnorin: Why when Paul says something that is so right-on and everyone knows it's 100% true... do people then laugh and shrug it off? it's like some serious inability to deal with a problem.. we're talking honest drug-addict denial.
Charles Oakwood: Are CR and BF close friends?
Charles Oakwood: That allows them to call RP nuts.
Delnorin: Did this boy just say "Americo?" heh.. interesting idea...
IronDioPriest: good debate so far
IronDioPriest: I think Romney is solidifying
Delnorin: I'm a bit slow I guess... most of the debate is going over my head.
IronDioPriest: Perry is diminishing
IronDioPriest: Cain hasn't hurt himsle
IronDioPriest: fself
IronDioPriest: Bachmann is reminding peopole why they supprted her before she blew up
IronDioPriest: newt is on fire
Delnorin: Bachman's utter slam of the government being the cause of the banks loans/issues.. was incredible. Otherwise I'm hearing careful answers that don't impress me.
Charles Oakwood: She has made a better turn than the rest
Delnorin: Someone mentioned her and some medicine and having babies.. what's that about.. I didn't hear anything about that.
IronDioPriest: seriously?
Delnorin: Yeah.. hadn't heard a word. How long ago did it hit the news?
IronDioPriest: remind me later, I'll fill you in
IronDioPriest: Perry is blowing it
Delnorin: Rebooting chat room laptop.. microsoft update is getting pestering... continuing to watch debate though on work comp... back soon.
IronDioPriest: he's just lackluster
Charles Oakwood: balanced budget amendment - he couldn't make it a money quote
Charles Oakwood: he gets paid by the worfd
IronDioPriest: Newt!
Charles Oakwood: Im a federal tax lawyer zzzzzzzzzzz
IronDioPriest: Capn ed getting some face time!
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 7:46 pm (ct).
Delnorin: How come whenever Newt wants.. he just raises a finger and starts talking.. and everyone instantly hushes up and sits up straighter?
IronDioPriest: good queestion
Charles Oakwood: he's a teacher
Delnorin: I love his answers. .but still.. what's with the Trump card? Trump.. heh.. sorry.
IronDioPriest: clever michele
Delnorin: Cain clearly said 999 *replaces* the IRS tax code... remove current tax laws.
Delnorin: I still want to ask about Empowerment Zones
Charles Oakwood: We're in a trade war gump
Delnorin: I think I know why I'm thrown in this debate.. they have like 4 camera angles for each cannidate. You get 3 seconds and then they shift cameras.. I'm confused at where I'm even looking.. let alone who I'm hearing answer what question.
Delnorin: Interesting.. the 'choosen' gets a steady and unshifting camera angle.
Delnorin: spoke too soon.
Charles Oakwood: drill baby drill
Charles Oakwood: dereggalate
IronDioPriest: good for Perry... but it seems like he loses his trainof thought
Charles Oakwood: he can't make it into a money quote
Delnorin: Perry seems to think the answer is get the people making more money that you can take in taxes. Cain's view seems to be.. let people keep some of the money they earn and they'll prosper and make more money and more people will be paying taxes in the first place. I think I like Cain's idea better.
Charles Oakwood: it's turn the dogs of Entrepreneurship loose
Charles Oakwood: and it will right itself
Delnorin: shut up! Your turn is over.
Charles Oakwood: he's a dog
IronDioPriest: what happened to the entirety of Cain's answer?
Delnorin: Bah... break time.. good timing.. IRL work things.. back soon.
IronDioPriest: this oughta be good
IronDioPriest: Sure wish there were a few more than three of us in here
IronDioPriest: I'm gonna make a sammich
Delnorin: back
Delnorin: Creepy music
Charles Oakwood: Pubbies in the house
Delnorin: I still don't know what Pubbies means
IronDioPriest: Oooooohhhh
Charles Oakwood: infantile republicans
IronDioPriest: PErry = Algore supporter
IronDioPriest: he can't string a sentnce together
Charles Oakwood: Second lowest debt per capita in US
IronDioPriest: I see Bush II in Rick Perry
Charles Oakwood: yeah, can't make a money quote
Charles Oakwood: Romney has everybody's plan in his plan, it's a big plan
Charles Oakwood: Herms in the tank
IronDioPriest: What is this? The "Every other candidate gives Mitt a platform to espouse his campaign" section?
Delnorin: Romney just fire up more class warfare?
Charles Oakwood: Me Me pick me for VP
Delnorin: Nothing wrong with a life long political profession? WRONG
Delnorin: Paul is the right one to pressure Cain (and I like Cain) on the Fed. Cain was on a Fed board before.
benb61: logs in on 10/11/2011 8:15 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Ben !
IronDioPriest: Hi Ben
Charles Oakwood: last chance
benb61: Yeah, I'm here
Delnorin: Another question to Romney? Jeeesh
benb61: not watching the debate though
Delnorin: Welcome anyway.
benb61: thnx
Charles Oakwood: my buddy chris
Delnorin: Heh.. mentions Christie.. to remind everyone of the endorsement
benb61: r they beating up on mit yet?
Damn_Lucky: logs in on 10/11/2011 8:17 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Yeah.. they're sending all their questions at Romney.
Delnorin: Hi Lucky!
IronDioPriest: hey, everybody showing up for the end!
Charles Oakwood: Ha he thought Romney was going to answer his question
Charles Oakwood: Better late than never , Welcome
benb61: seems to me that the media wants Romney
Charles Oakwood: big time
benb61: they think obama can beat him
Delnorin: Yeah.. the media already decided Romney's the man.
benb61: shame the sheeple will fall for that
Delnorin: Bachmann started and her question was to Romney.. now Romney's turn and he targets Bachmann... his question though is a softball question to her... he thinking of her as his VP?
IronDioPriest: I just had the same thought
Delnorin: His expression on his face as she answers is hopefull... as if he's hoping she says what they practiced.
IronDioPriest: This is your audition Michele
Delnorin: How many letters match between the two words... Santorum and Scrotum?
IronDioPriest: they're next to each other in the dicktionary
Delnorin: (snortlaugh)
Damn_Lucky: not awake Mama's s home and made me an EGG sand, Jusy eyebowling!
IronDioPriest: But Herman, you won't be president any longer than 8 years
benb61: I got into blooberg just in time for a comercial
Delnorin: Bah.. I need to open up this Trigonometry book and get crack'n soon.
IronDioPriest: that's right, you're a student
IronDioPriest: an old student
IronDioPriest: Who's in the lead
benb61: I gave up on further educating myself
IronDioPriest: Romney had WAYYYYY more face time than anyone
IronDioPriest: Newts answers were the best
Charles Oakwood: yes and yes
Delnorin: I can't subjectively say who's in the lead... some of them open their mouth and I mentally can't give them an honest listen. Newt is impressive as alwasy.. Bachmann slammed an amazing answer about the government forciing the banks to make bad loans to people in housing.. not the evil bankers being the cause... a few other minor things.
IronDioPriest: Cain didn't hurt himself, and I don't think Romney did either
IronDioPriest: Perry is on life support
Charles Oakwood: Santorum worst Perry hasn't helped himself
Delnorin: Agreed.. Cain didn't say anything stupid.. and the others didn't race ahead on anything... I think 4 hours ago and now... no real changes in who's leading.
Charles Oakwood: last chance
IronDioPriest: Chris CHritie in the audience
Charles Oakwood: two chairs
benb61:
Delnorin: We need to use DNA morphing.. a Christie/Bachman/Paul/Cain creature.
IronDioPriest: three - his wife was beside him
Delnorin: With a little Newt also in the DNA.
Delnorin: Helen thomas! RUN!
IronDioPriest: Perry just doesn't have "it"
Damn_Lucky: logs in on 10/11/2011 8:29 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Have it? But it's his turn!
benb61: ststing he pushed tort reform was good
Delnorin: WB Lucky
benb61: stating
Delnorin: Okay... someone put this Julianna Goldman lady in a bikini and have her ask her questions while jumping on a trampoline.
Damn_Lucky: no I'm not \twice
Delnorin: I need to be a producer.
Charles Oakwood: Alan Greenspan?
IronDioPriest: she is a fine specimin
Delnorin: Put a slave collar around her neck and chain her to the ring in the floor at the foot of the bed.. and she'll be just fine. No need to hear her opinions. (heh)
Charles Oakwood: Alan Greenspan was a disaster.
Charles Oakwood: Paul Volker did good.
Delnorin: Greenspan... that man could talk for 10 minutes and then everyone would look at each other and say.... what did he say?
benb61: I hate to say it but "end the fed"
Delnorin: Burn the Fed to the ground and then urinate on the ashes.
Charles Oakwood: Oh, governor Romney?
IronDioPriest: Rose is drunk
Delnorin: Who is Rose? The lady in Red?
IronDioPriest: No, Charlie Rose, the interviewer
Charles Oakwood: I love the bundlers, and the big bank bundlers too
Delnorin: Ah.. last name.. understood. Indeed.. he's wasted.
Charles Oakwood: Jobs and housing destruction act
benb61: dodd/frank can burn in hell
IronDioPriest: they will Ben, they will
Damn_Lucky: Good idea and we'll see you in hell or we need to find a way to fix this CLUSTER F@#K
benb61: we can only hope they understand why.
Delnorin: My answer to the lady's question: We don't want to make it easy for you to get a small business loan. We want it to be hard. We want you to PROVE you are a great investment to our bank. We are not here to give you a handout.
IronDioPriest: Where's Newt?
benb61: I can agree with that
Delnorin: There's newt
IronDioPriest: He hasn't spoken in like... 45 minutes or soemthing
Charles Oakwood: 1 more last chance
Delnorin: Nobody asks Newt a question.. he just raises a finger and interupts when he wants. A wise quiet man makes more an impact than a talkative blabbermouth.
IronDioPriest: the word is in-vest-ment Rick
Charles Oakwood: can't hear him over Red
benb61:
benb61: sorry, trying to add an avatar
IronDioPriest: ah, you have to add your avatar in your profile
benb61: did that but it's not showing
IronDioPriest: isn that Perry?
benb61:
IronDioPriest: Oh, no, Bush
Charles Oakwood: he was making a complete closure and CR cut him off
Charles Oakwood: yeah, no clip of a Perry speach heeeers Newt
Charles Oakwood: I'll be your VP
Charles Oakwood: too
IronDioPriest: Newt is rockin tonight
benb61: Newt is the smartest, but I don"t think he has a chance
IronDioPriest: No, I'm telling you that you're beautiful
IronDioPriest: Idunno, but you're beautiful
benb61: can we get het to take that dress off?
Charles Oakwood: Bloomberg says Americans want to keep entitlements and high taxes
IronDioPriest: poverty as defined by whom?
Charles Oakwood: you have a pres that is a job killer
Charles Oakwood: seal it rick
Charles Oakwood: he made a complete statement
IronDioPriest: Santorum's specialty
IronDioPriest: good advantage of the opening given
Damn_Lucky: Bberg is an IDIOT
IronDioPriest: HWat
IronDioPriest:
Charles Oakwood: best tonight of his
benb61: what was that from the peanut gallery
IronDioPriest: HAHAHAHAHA I called IT!!!!!!
Charles Oakwood: what?
IronDioPriest: Look early in the thread! I called interference by a Leftist at some point!!!
Charles Oakwood: right!
IronDioPriest: Am I good, or what?
IronDioPriest: Do I know my Leftists, or what?
Charles Oakwood: I'm a mother 2xs tonight
IronDioPriest: woot-woot!
benb61: don't break that arm, patting yourself on the back
Charles Oakwood: ::thumbsup::
Damn_Lucky: Late to the game( was napping) how did Cian do
benb61: bold plans got us in this mess
benb61: we need a sensible plan
IronDioPriest: Team Player Newt
Charles Oakwood: make govt as inconsequenc... as possible
benb61: unions drove that steel mnfg out
Damn_Lucky: Paul there really is a BIG world out there
Charles Oakwood: for sure
IronDioPriest: Do they all have a "humble beginnings" story Uh, not Mitt.
Charles Oakwood: Huntsman has a hangnail once
Charles Oakwood: suicide spouse abuse
IronDioPriest: I can't help it. He looks like a hummusexshul
Charles Oakwood: hummmm
Charles Oakwood: shout out to AlanS
benb61: only the people can make america, america. The gov needs to get out of the way
benb61: boom
IronDioPriest: Juliana......
Damn_Lucky: I'm sorry I would not trust my dog with Huntsless
IronDioPriest: well there we have it
IronDioPriest: I think we seee Perry fade, Newt bump up
IronDioPriest: Romney stays in the lead
Damn_Lucky: Hell yes BEN
benb61: Newt does not have the charisma to win
Delnorin: When was Romney in the lead? Other than the media telling us he is?
Charles Oakwood: gNewt has no discipline
benb61: again, I'll say that the media is pushing him cause they think obama can beat him
Delnorin: logs in on 10/11/2011 8:55 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Whoops..w rong tab to close.. back now
Delnorin: Agreed Ben
IronDioPriest: I will go on record saying that Romney did well in the debate. Not to say I prefer him, but je's the best in debate by far
benb61: couple of things scare me about mitt. 1) his faith and 2) romneycare
Delnorin: I really work to put aside the polish (the suave speaking ability).. and look at the substance and ideas. Most voters though don't... so what I think isn't real with actual voting numbers.
Charles Oakwood: Romney, Mr. 60% will throw you under the bus
benb61: Bachmann scares me because of her faith
IronDioPriest: Why ben?
Delnorin: What *is* Bachmann's faith?
IronDioPriest: Luthran
Delnorin: Ah.. didn't know that.
IronDioPriest: What is cary about Lutheran?
benb61: she has made too many stupid statements that can be attributed to her beliefs
Damn_Lucky: Ben no Faith?
benb61: multi faith
benb61: I've studied many different faiths and they all have good points and bad.
Delnorin: I was told to ask again later.. about what happened with Bachman and having babies and some medicine... I didn't hear anything about it until a couple days ago reading this blog.
IronDioPriest: Cain interview
Delnorin: forum.. sorry.. not blog
benb61: I believe in God but think that organized religion is a crock
benb61: religion was created to control people
Delnorin: Most organized religion is an organized strucker meant for it's own power and manipulation of the people. I agree with your statement in a huge way Ben.
Delnorin: strucker=structure
Delnorin: I am absolutely 100% sold out for Jesus Christ... but how man gets into the middle of things with their own rules and bylaws... isn't for me at all. Give me a Bible and other men/women seeking God.. and I'm good to go.
Damn_Lucky: The Truth will Keep All OF US FREE!
Delnorin: The Vulcan is asking questions now.
benb61: I call myself a Benist, not that I believe in me but I believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing. Cant find any other religion that is that simple
Damn_Lucky: IDP please
Delnorin: What is IDP?
IronDioPriest: That's ME!
IronDioPriest: yes DL?
Delnorin: Oh.. heh.. got it.
benb61: I like Cain because he is not a politician
Charles Oakwood: Romney tax plan is a set of loop holes
Delnorin: I agree with you Ben
Delnorin: I swear this guy in the bow tie is going to put a Vulcan Deathgrip on me.
benb61: but his lack of government experience is an issue
IronDioPriest: He needs some straight bangs on his forehead though
IronDioPriest: and of course the ears
Delnorin: I think lack of government experience could be a huge advantage. He doesn't know what he's not able to do. He might just cross some lines that others would be scared to cross. He might actually fix something.
Delnorin: Straight bangs: Good point
benb61: or he may get bullied by the beltway insiders
IronDioPriest: all vulcans have straight bangs
IronDioPriest: exceot the african american vulcans
benb61: not t"pol
Delnorin: The Vulcan talks like he's trying to hold his weed smoke in his lungs as he talks.
Delnorin: t'pol.... drool
IronDioPriest: mmmm juliana
benb61: i lean twords 7 of 9
benb61: she still has too many cloths on
IronDioPriest: OK, Delnorin, your question re; Congresswoman Bachmann...
Delnorin: Ah yes.. listening
IronDioPriest: Perry mandated gardisil vaccinations against STD virus for all girls, and social cons disn't like it
Delnorin: Side question: Why are all actors/actresses called Actors now? But we still have Congresswoman and congressman...
IronDioPriest: Bachmann hit him on it during a debate
IronDioPriest: after the debate, she said that a woman approached her
IronDioPriest: and said that gardisil made her daughter retarded.
Charles Oakwood: never produced the woman
Delnorin: Perry mandated Texas teen/preteen girls get forced to get vacinated.. I remember that... listening to you more....
benb61: she also made some dumb statement about it causing medical problems with the little girls that get the shot
Delnorin: So it's believed she made up a fiction person to make her point?
IronDioPriest: that iss the rap, yes
Delnorin: Ah.. got it. thanks IDP.
IronDioPriest: she's gonna be interviewed next
IronDioPriest: Cain did wwell in his interview BTW
Delnorin: I was surprised and happy that there wasn't a great deal of 'gotcha' moderation.
IronDioPriest: yeah, although the questions were pretty douchy
Delnorin: It was interesting that a great deal of time/effort seemed to be.... Let's see what Romney has to say on this?
benb61: eliminate the tax code
benb61: national sales tax!!!
IronDioPriest: good appearance Michele
benb61: hey guys, great chatting with you. I gotta run though.
Delnorin: Thanks for coming Ben
IronDioPriest: seeya Ben
benb61: logs off on 10/11/2011 9:17 pm (ct).
Delnorin: Okay.. time for me to log off also.. time to study Trigonometry.. oi !
IronDioPriest: well, I think I'm gonnas wrap it up guys.
IronDioPriest: Yup, consensus
Delnorin: Thanks for hosting this IDP
IronDioPriest: If no one objects, I'm going to close out, archive and shut er down
IronDioPriest: my pleasure
Delnorin: Agreed.
Delnorin: logs off on 10/11/2011 9:18 pm (ct).

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
I watched the whole thing and I would vote for more than one of these people on any given day. ABO.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »

there was a reserved seat for you over there you know

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
Heh, looks like y'all had fun.

I forgot about it, got sucked into the Tigers/Rangers game & the Wild/Senators game (that last one was quite a let down)...

Sounds like the pack leaders did OK...

Time for the deadwood to say buh-bye yet?

Oh, and I really like this clip - Frank & Dodd jailed?...hell yeah!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/11/newt_slams_media_for_not_demanding_transparency_of_federal_reserve.html

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.