Author Topic: Are Democrats Eyeing 401(k)s, IRAs for Tax Hit?  (Read 911 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Are Democrats Eyeing 401(k)s, IRAs for Tax Hit?
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
Here we go again .....

In September, the Senate Finance Committee held a little-noticed hearing that explored changes to retirement plans β€” principally employer-sponsored 401(k)s β€” that would in one way or another cut their tax deductions.

The tax breaks' size makes them a tempting target for lawmakers. According to the White House budget office, tax exemptions for 401(k)s and IRAs will "cost" the government more than $436 billion over the next five years.

Mark Levin  ::hat-tip::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Are Democrats Eyeing 401(k)s, IRAs for Tax Hit?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »

We need to put the government into receivership.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

We need to put the government into receivership.

Yes.  Or something.  I am grown quite weary of worrying about what it will do TO us next .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »

I think that's their goal. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »

I think that's their goal. 

O?  Well, then mission accomplished.  Get enough people to feeling this way and "they" won't like what comes next as a result.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »

They are expecting a neutral to supplicant response.   ::angel::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »

They are expecting a neutral to supplicant response.   ::angel::

I'm sure they are .... while labeling us as possible terrorists .....  Not too much cognitive dissonance there, 'eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
Gosh, why was this news not broadcast far and wide?  One might think the Ruling Class has nefarious designs!  Naaaahhhh!

/

Yes, I just checked, my powder is still dry!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
Absolutely they are. They have been since Clinton floated the idea during his administration. Just like they've been trying to do an end run around the constitution concerning the 2nd amendment and the UN arms treaty.

Here's a link from '08:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/government-to-confiscate-401ks-and-iras-for-mandatory-savings-tax.html

Here's quick summation:

"Under the pretext of combating the financial crisis, Democrats in Congress have been conducting hearings on proposals to confiscate private retirement accounts and turn them into government-controlled accounts managed by the Social Security Administration, by implementing a new tax in the guise of mandatory savings scheme."
β€œThe Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus