Author Topic: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Re: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Last election I voted off party cause I just could not stand obama or McCain.  Though I don't like Romney, if he is the Republican candidate he will get my vote.  We must not allow our dislike for the Republican candidate to give the a$$hat that is in the White House another term or all hope is lost!!!

This has become my thought as well.
Immediate destruction of the country (<4 years) vs More Slow poison of the country (4-8 years)...

What a very sad choice we get asked to make over and over again.

I'd just LOVE the choice:
Immediate destruction of the country vs. SAVE and THRIVE !

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »
I just listened to a half hour of Hugh Hewitt saying that Herman Cain cannot beat Obama; that the reality is its either Mitt Romney or Rick Perry; that if you don't like Romney you'd better vote for Perry because a vote for any of the others is a vote for Romney; that the effort, backing, support, infrastructure, and financing that it takes to mount a successful presidential campaign will not be made available to Herman Cain even if he gains the nomination; that anyone who is a conservative had better understand that they need to line up and support the nominee; and the nominee needs to be Romney. Romney, Romney, Romney.

F*ck you, Hugh Hewitt. You may think you have all the answers according to politics as usual. Your shameless pimping for Romney in '08 helped us get McCain. Your mindset among the GOP establishment has brought us to the precipice of disaster, without a real opposition to the constant drift Leftward and subversion of our constitution.

You've just convinced me to donate to Herman Cain. He's not a man who wilts at being told what is not possible.

::doublebird::

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
I just listened to a half hour of Hugh Hewitt saying that Herman Cain cannot beat Obama; that the reality is its either Mitt Romney or Rick Perry; that if you don't like Romney you'd better vote for Perry because a vote for any of the others is a vote for Romney; that the effort, backing, support, infrastructure, and financing that it takes to mount a successful presidential campaign will not be made available to Herman Cain even if he gains the nomination; that anyone who is a conservative had better understand that they need to line up and support the nominee; and the nominee needs to be Romney. Romney, Romney, Romney.

F*ck you, Hugh Hewitt. You may think you have all the answers according to politics as usual. Your shameless pimping for Romney in '08 helped us get McCain. Your mindset among the GOP establishment has brought us to the precipice of disaster, without a real opposition to the constant drift Leftward and subversion of our constitution.

You've just convinced me to donate to Herman Cain. He's not a man who wilts at being told what is not possible.

::doublebird::

Why would the talking heads come out and step on their own dicks this early? What are they going to do if it isn't their choice?Condemn the winner?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
The last time I listened to Hewitt was on Election Night 2008.  As the returns came in, he didn't even sound disappointed.  He was already looking forward to the next election, and talking about what we would need to do to win that one.  It was then that I realized that he is just a political junkie.  He just likes talking about politics.  The real effect of elections on the nation is just an abstraction and an afterthought, if he even thinks about it at all.  I think Bill Bennett is similar in that regard.  Both of them will still have their jobs regardless of who wins.

I am utterly unenthusiastic about any of the Republican candidates.  Romney, Perry, and Cain all represent different aspects, or factions, of the ruling class.  The Republican establishment has made it very clear that the nominee will be a member of the establishment whether we voters like it or not. 

It is high time we all realize that the Republican Party has no intention of rolling back government.  Rather, like the European "conservative" parties, they simply want to get their hands on the levers of power.

As things stand right now, there is an excellent chance that I will vote Libertarian in next year's election.  Granted, a lot can happen between now and then which could change my mind.  But I am done with voting for the lesser of two evils, and being herded into voting for anyone with an R after their name.  That's exactly what the party establishment wants us to do. 

(For some reason I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications of new comments.  I've checked my settings and they seem to be in order.)
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »

Fears:
          If Perry is elected he will be stronger than folks think he's able.
          If Cain is elected he will not be strong enough to pass his agenda.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »

Fears:
          If Perry is elected he will be stronger than folks think he's able.
          If Cain is elected he will not be strong enough to pass his agenda.

That's one of those pass the bill to see what's in deals.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:33 PM »

I'm not making a choice till I know more. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »

I want to know what's in the package before I vote for it. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
It's a package deal, take it or leave it!

Get ready to be demonized for not supporting the package!

I never elevated peer adulation and acceptance to abnormal heights so I'm self inoculated against their feeble attempts at sophomoric persuasion!

I am the Anti-Butthead!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 08:30:03 PM »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

I never elevated peer adulation and acceptance to abnormal heights so I'm self inoculated against their feeble attempts at sophomoric persuasion!

Speaking of Buttheads and Warts, heard on the radio that Commander Chalkboard had been bought by Romney.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »

Speaking of Buttheads and Warts, heard on the radio that Commander Chalkboard had been bought by Romney.

::)

Fvcking figures!  I knew I smelled something funky coming from that quarter!

::puke::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

Commander Chalkboard?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

The ultimate Buttthead.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 12:10:10 AM »
Rove?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »

I want to know what's in the package before I vote for it.  

The Establishment drinks the Koolaid without knowing what's in it...

...happens every time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:17:36 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
Commander Chalkboard?

I am just guessing but my first instinct when hearing "Commander Chalkboard" is to think of Glenn Beck.  Not sure that's who he's referring to though.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
I didn't think of that, I assumed it was Butthead Rove!

CO?  Please tell me you don't mean Beck!

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
I didn't think of that, I assumed it was Butthead Rove!

CO?  Please tell me you don't mean Beck!

While I really very much appreciate what Beck has done in opening the eyes of our Country and getting lazy people off their couches and awake again...
I must confess that in my mind there is going to be an understanding support for him towards Romney due to a natural inclination to support those with the same spiritual beliefs as you.

I can't fault a guy for supporting someone that holds the same core beliefs as you do.  I just hope that's it.  I just pray Beck hasn't been laying the ground work to make Mormonism more 'acceptable' and 'palatable' to the general population as a way to pave the road for Romney.

It sounds way too 'what if' and 'paranoid'.. but I tend to continually ask these questions to dig and find the truth of things.

I just hope I can shrug it off fully some day and know there isn't any truth to it at all.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
Remember the softball question that Romney asked of Bachmann and how we talked about it when it happened Live in the chat room?  How it seemed like he was setting her up to look good and how we talked about him maybe setting her up for the V.P. ticket?

Rush Limbaugh just talked about exactly the same thing on his show.  We're not the only people that noticed it.