Author Topic: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage  (Read 7493 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Live Chat GOP Debate, Tonight 8PM Eastern/7PM Pre-coverage
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
Remember the softball question that Romney asked of Bachmann and how we talked about it when it happened Live in the chat room?  How it seemed like he was setting her up to look good and how we talked about him maybe setting her up for the V.P. ticket?

Rush Limbaugh just talked about exactly the same thing on his show.  We're not the only people that noticed it.

Yup. Erick Erikson at RedState thinks it was more cynical than setting her up for VP. He thinks it was to keep her campaign afloat through Iowa, so that the opposition to his candidacy cannot coalesce around one individual. I tend to agree with Erick on this.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
Yup. Erick Erikson at RedState thinks it was more cynical than setting her up for VP. He thinks it was to keep her campaign afloat through Iowa, so that the opposition to his candidacy cannot coalesce around one individual. I tend to agree with Erick on this.

It *DID* have a strange smell to it.  It seemed like it had a purpose to make her sound good.  You know; when something makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.... not something honest and true about it.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »

It just keeps getting better.

Link

Tea Party’s own 2010 hero, Sen. Marco Rubio. GOP sources in Washington and Florida say that Rubio’s senatorial chief of staff, Cesar Conda, has been a major force in persuading Florida Republicans to move their primary to January.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »
No rumblings of punitive action coming out of the RNC?  Can't believe the Ruling Class wants states just doing whatever they like, that really aggravates their central planning nerve!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 06:58:03 AM »
On my own blog I started at the very first GOP debate a running list of what candidate stands for what.  I sort of fell behind in it though....

In that creation of that blog entry though I ran across this neat little set of questions/webpage that at the end of it... it maps out where you stand on a political landscape... way left.. way right.. social liberal... social conservative.. blah blah.. but it gives you a little graph to show where you land on things.  I thought it was pretty fun.  I posted it in the margin on my website.

You can take the quiz here: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

This was my result:

Now the reason I bring this up here on this specific thread.....

I was working to update my blog on the topics each cannidate stands for and I ran across this Huffington Post (Google really should just ignore stupid websites)... but the same sort of graphic was there in an article.  I thought it was great and it pretty much matches up with my thoughts also.. I'm exactly between Palin and Bachmann... I don't think I'd complain if that happened IRL. (smirk)

P.S.  On closer examination.. I might be right on top of Palin. (hee-hee)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:40 AM »
I'm right between Palin & Bachmann....ooohhhhh baby!

;D

But in truth I came closer to DeMint & Bachmann.

:supercool:

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
Heads-up...

I'm gonna lock this thread sometime over the weekend in anticipation of next Tuesday's debate on CNN in Las Vegas. We'll start another thread for that one.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
Communist News Network?

::facepalm::