Author Topic: Motor oil  (Read 1462 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Motor oil
« on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
Motor Oil!!
Post by johnflorida on Dec 29, 2010, 5:44pm

I just bought two 5 quart containers of full synthetic Quaker state for 19.00 each. That's a hell of a lot less money than paying 7.50 plus per quart at my parts store.Walmart is the place to buy oil from what I can see.

I also crossed my generator and tractor filters to automotive filter and rather than paying 12.00 each I paid under 4.00 each.

To change the oil in the truck and tractor and generator would have been over 60 buck without filters.

Food for thought.Re: Motor Oil!!
Post by nolan on Dec 29, 2010, 6:35pm

Good info!
Thanks.Re: Motor Oil!!
Post by charlesoakwood on Dec 29, 2010, 9:38pm

If the threads and rubber seal match why not put on the biggest capacity filter that will fit???

Many vehicles have a drop down filter location that allows unlimited size. Also you can fill the filter before installing therefore limiting the dry start.Re: Motor Oil!!
Post by johnflorida on Dec 29, 2010, 11:38pm

Dec 29, 2010, 9:38pm, charlesoakwood wrote:
If the threads and rubber seal match why not put on the biggest capacity filter that will fit???

Many vehicles have a drop down filter location that allows unlimited size. Also you can fill the filter before installing therefore limiting the dry start.

Nothing in the world stopping you from doing that as long as you have the room.But on tractor and generator the filters are horizontal mount and It would not matter how big the filter is the oil that stays in it is limited.

As for my truck the diameter is the problem and a deeper filter would only add about half a pint in an already 6 quart system. And yes filling the filter is the way to go.Re: Motor Oil!!
Post by sectionhand on Jan 10, 2011, 7:25am

Dec 29, 2010, 5:44pm, johnflorida wrote:
I just bought two 5 quart containers of full synthetic Quaker state for 19.00 each. That's a hell of a lot less money than paying 7.50 plus per quart at my parts store.Walmart is the place to buy oil from what I can see.

I also crossed my generator and tractor filters to automotive filter and rather than paying 12.00 each I paid under 4.00 each.

To change the oil in the truck and tractor and generator would have been over 60 buck without filters.

Food for thought.

If you want to buy by the quart and save , the Walmart brand oil is , in fact , Quaker State . In addition the Walmart brand filters are Fram .
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"