Author Topic: Bachmann: We've just discovered $105 Billion Pelosi slipped in to fund O-Care  (Read 3363 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Bachmann: We've just discovered $105 Billion Pelosi slipped in to fund O-Care (audio from Dennis Miller Show)

Today's guest, Minnesota Rep Michele Bachmann explains how Nancy Pelosi squeaked an extra li'l $105-billion into the budget to fund Obamacare.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Pelosi and her fellow traitors salted provisions just like that in multiple and myriad places.

Miller's site:  "Hear what Bachmann and others are doing to prevent the government from running out of money."

I don't want the government "prevented" from running out of money.  They're already out of money; anything done other than to admit it and take the necessary steps now will be a deceit.  I want the whole shooting match virtually shut down, one reason being to foil the Obamacare everywhere-seeds from taking root.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All I got was the join page. But I'm not surprised at all that the swamp drainer would do that. But I blame the repubs for not reading the effing bill and making this public.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

hemm

hold on,....wait for it.......I got my shocked face some where......wait really I got it........the hat, I have that hat to this day..........

::speechless:: ::speechless:: ::speechless:: ::speechless::

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::

charlesoakwood

Pelosi and her fellow traitors salted provisions just like that in multiple and myriad places.

Miller's site:  "Hear what Bachmann and others are doing to prevent the government from running out of money."

I don't want the government "prevented" from running out of money.  They're already out of money; anything done other than to admit it and take the necessary steps now will be a deceit.  I want the whole shooting match virtually shut down, one reason being to foil the Obamacare everywhere-seeds from taking root.

Government shutdown?   ::clapping::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Pull the plug!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Per RedState

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (MN-06) says it’s not enough for House Republicans to stop the flow of new funds to ObamaCare. Bachmann is pointing out that the healthcare measure signed into law last year by President Obama included $105 billion in advance appropriations. $5 billion will go toward ObamaCare this year and another $100 billion will be spent over the next eight years. That money was already appropriated in the Obama-Reid-Pelosi legislation and now it must be clawed back. Bachmann credits former Congressman Ernest Istook with revealing the appropriations.

See, each time the House GOP does a continuing resolution for a couple of weeks, they are able to avoid a fight on funding Obamacare — both the long term funding and the short term funding.

{Been there, said THAT! ^ - P.}

As Mike Hammond noted yesterday, Eric Cantor has gone on record saying, “we’re trying to demonstrate right now that we don’t want to see a [government] shutdown.”

Well, if the Republicans are preemptively saying they want to demonstrate they don’t want a government shutdown, they are going to keep nibbling at the edges and do no real cuts. They will not defund Planned Parenthood. They will not defund Obamacare.

Why?

To do either would potentially lead to a government shutdown. But Eric Cantor says they want to demonstrate that they don’t “want to see a [government] shutdown.”

Continuing to push through short term continuing resolutions puts off the inevitable and the necessary. Either the House Republicans are willing to defund Obamacare or they are not.

A short term continuing resolution just allows the GOP to dodge the public longer.

It’s time for them to put up or shut up.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
When I think about the fact that in all likelihood the survival of the Republic depends on what "We the People" can prod the Republican Party to do.... I just get kinda depressed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

They want it to fall in their lap.  Cantor has less personal conviction than he has intelligence and his primary goal is to be re-elected.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Color me thoroughly underwhelmed with Republican leadership in the House. Underwhelmed, but certainly not surprised.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

hemm

Color me thoroughly underwhelmed with Republican leadership in the House. Underwhelmed, but certainly not surprised.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Sounds like to me some serious fires need to be set under some asses!

Michele at least is trying to do something.  She has a website set up to take petitions to get congress to pay attention to We the People!

http://www.bachmannforcongress.com/obamacare/

There's one match!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Michele at least is trying to do something.  She has a website set up to take petitions to get congress to pay attention to We the People!

There's one match!

She's fighting the fight on the front lines, and all she gets for her effort are people from both parties painting her as a kook. I'm glad she doesn't care, but I sure as hell do.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Painted by the media for they fear her.

The millions of active TeaPartiers and their more than millions of followers know her as the great leader she is.

Barbour / Bachmann in '12!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

There's one match!

She's fighting the fight on the front lines, and all she gets for her effort are people from both parties painting her as a kook. I'm glad she doesn't care, but I sure as hell do.

Who has been painting her as a kook?  How dare they!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

There's one match!

Let them say whatever they like as long as she keeps punching their lights out she's fine.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

There's one match!

Let them say whatever they like as long as she keeps punching their lights out she's fine.

She's got no quit in her, thank God, so you can count on her!   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Mark Levin roaring about this right now, roasting Boehner and the Republican "leadership" and their inability, or unwillingness, to get serious about budget-cutting.