Author Topic: another epic stimulus failure  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
another epic stimulus failure
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111003/NEWS0201/310020028/E-Tenn-truck-stop-got-stimulus-money-despite-bankruptcy?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I'm guessing there was about as much vetting of this project as obama. Incredible waste of taxpayers money.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: another epic stimulus failure
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:44:32 AM »
Especially when the Pelosi-Reid Congress was doing nothing but rubber-stamping Regime demands and money was being shoveled out of the Treasury and into who knows who's fricken hands...waste, abuse and epic failure was guaranteed.

And did you hear the Dear Leader yesterday?  Basically told his department heads to scour all legislative authorizations to find a way to force his non-job "job's bill" through executive action...any bets on how easy it will be for the Regime's fast n' furious legal beagles to find such authority?

Impeachment and conviction should have been a thing of history by now!

::gaah::

ETA - Link:

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3321.new.html#new
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:02:01 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
The money flows because it was not earned. You can bet pelosi and reid do not treat thier own finances and investments in this fashion.

Example: There is debate in Tennessee because the cost of in state college tuition is rising.  No one can figure out why ( because there is stupidity here). The cause of rising tuition is the large elephant in the room, the lottery, the money earmarked to "higher education".......AKA free money. No one will admit to it and to "punish" higher education, the state cut the % of free money going to the schools....so the schools just raised thier tuition to gather the same amount of free money.

There will always be tremendous waste as long as the money is considered "free". We saw it in the bailouts, in Solendra, in this "electric" station in Tennessee, the banks, etc, etc. No responsibility.

obama continues to push out free money....the result will always be the same. We are a stoopid bunch.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
There is a sense of entitlement in education as well, bolstered by years and decades of the assumption of academic altruism within academia and state government. The state cuts off a little nip from the sugar tit, and Lord knows they're not going to trim back on administrators, queer studies, or diversity counselors. They'll just raise tuition until the whole thing implodes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »
And, interestingly, ::snort:: no one with a bully pulpit or a podium is pounding on Big Education.  ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
And, interestingly, ::snort:: no one with a bully pulpit or a podium is pounding on Big Education.  ::saywhat::

Nope. But it IS riding a bubble that is about to implode. There are people ringing the alarm (Instapundit is a good and constant source for "education bubble" news), but you're right - no bully pulpit, no podium pounding.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »
There is a sense of entitlement in education as well, bolstered by years and decades of the assumption of academic altruism within academia and state government.

That, sir, is the understatement of the year.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
WI Gov tried to modestly reign in excess fat and look at the thanks he got...

I want leftists punished, period!  Fvck playing nice, wtf good is it?

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/1/online-soap-opera-cleans-up-with-stimulus-broadban/

You may not have seen the show “Diary of a Single Mom” co-starring Billy Dee Williams, but your tax dollars helped pay for it.

Through the federal economic stimulus program, a company owned by actor-director Robert Townsend was paid more than $230,000 to produce and direct the Web-based show, records show. Other production costs on the show paid to different vendors total more than $700,000.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
Doesn't surprise me at all...and you can just hear the outrage...

(crickets)