Author Topic: Ryan: Corporate Tax Reform Has a Strong Chance in Congress  (Read 820 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Ryan: Corporate Tax Reform Has a Strong Chance in Congress
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
Oct 6 2011, 10:40 AM

"Rep. Paul Ryan blasted the Democrats’ plan to raise taxes on millionaires and said he feared the U.S. economy could collapse into a European-style debt crisis.

“The arithmetic just doesn’t add up,” he said of the new proposal to slap surtax of five percent on income of more than $1 million to pay for the president’s $450 billion jobs plan. Ryan said that Washington politics is preying on people’s fears and that Congress focus on reducing corporate welfare rather than raising taxes on the rich.

The first step toward comprehensive entitlement reform, Ryan said, was to do away with loopholes in the corporate tax code to pay for lowering the rate.

Ryan has proposed a free market plan that would repeal Obama’s law, decouple the health insurance tax benefit from employer, and make a tax benefit portable for every worker.
“I think [the Supreme Court] will knock down the [individual] mandate,” Ryan said, without which the health care law will “death spiral.”

Despite pleas for Ryan to run for president, the representative said he declined because, “I love being a policy maker. I don’t have this burning desire. We like our life. I didn’t have it in the gut.”

read more from The Atlantic or The Blaze

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/10/ryan-corporate-tax-reform-has-a-strong-chance-in-congress/246264/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:37:50 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Ryan: Corporate Tax Reform Has a Strong Chance in Congress
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
The more I hear from Ryan, the more I like him.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »
Another one that doesn't want the presidency.  He's the type that needs drafting simply because he doesn't covet the Big Chair.

“I think [the Supreme Court] will knock down the [individual] mandate,” Ryan said ....

I don't have his .... limited belief.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
Yeah, that whole SCOTUS as either a first or last line of defense never sits well with me.

I wonder why?

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2011/10/06/the-supreme-court-and-the-future-of-liberty/

Oh, that's why...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.