Author Topic: Christie Pimps Romney  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Christie Pimps Romney
« on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
Just announced. Color me unimpressed.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Christie Pimps Romney
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
Couldn't see THAT one comin'.

::eyes::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
 :o

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
You can (possibly) take the boy out of the northeast, but you can't take the northeast out of the boy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
RINO alert Film at 11 ::speechless::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »
You can (possibly) take the boy out of the northeast, but you can't take the northeast out of the boy.

Or girl.  Not if he/she stays anyway; it's the constant reinforcement of the no-principles approach to everything that does it.

I ran the hell away, not really knowing even in my mid-30's what was what about much except the difference between right and wrong.  My folks are Republicans, but other than championing Reagan, politics wasn't much discussed, but boy o boy, have I come up to speed in the past two decades.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

Ditto.

Fox is on & on how Romney, Romney, Romney, ooooh - Christie, Christie, Christie,
all the bundlers and money in the world.  Perry's gone and it's the end of Cain; hail Romney.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
I like allahpundit's take...

...a guy who’s famous for uttering hard truths whether or not people want to hear them endorses a guy who’s famous for telling people whatever they want to hear to win votes... In one sense, it’s a no-brainer: Christie’s a centrist and Romney’s the great centrist hope, so the endorsement was a fait accompli. Then again, Christie’s no ordinary centrist. Along with Ryan and Mitch Daniels, he’s one of the GOP’s three warriors on the all-important subject of entitlement reform. And here he is boosting a guy whose chief line of attack against Rick Perry is … demagoging him for being too hardline on entitlement reform. Disgraceful. And insofar as Romney’s opportunistic timidity on entitlements presages timidity on cutting federal spending generally... it’s a betrayal of Christie’s budget-slashing ethos.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 04:03:29 PM »
Responding to Charles ...

Good grief.

I won't have this.  Many have said they'll vote for whoever the R nominee is to get Duh Wun out of the WH, but I'm feeling the hair on the back of my neck standing up at the thought of having to do this AGAIN, because it worked out so well with McCain.  Taken on top of what McClintock said and the CNP about "us acting like us and not like them", I'm deeply apprehensive about the Romney push.

And Christie can kiss my gun-toting ass.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 04:05:52 PM »
Would this be a good time to mention that in the last go-around romney came in 2nd.....to McCain?

::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
Would this be a good time to mention that in the last go-around romney came in 2nd.....to McCain?

YAH!  Now and about sixty times a day for the next half-year.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:26 PM »

They are having their Tees engraved as we speak. 
They know if McRomneyCare (you did read that three of his people
helped Obama design ObamaCare) becomes the chosen one enough of us will vote for him. 

It will take mass earnest protest to convince them Obama will be reelected. 
Or maybe that's why their having those Tees engraved.   
Romney or Obama, either way.... four!

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Just got a ROBO call from Christine for Romney and CLICK mmmmmmmmmmmm
 ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »

Wow, THAT was quick. So quick that it begs the question, when was Christie's endorsement actually procured by the Romney campaign?

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »

It's His Turn.

Whoulda thunk that the Republican Party has a seniority system, just like labor unions?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »
Responding to Charles ...

Good grief.

I won't have this.  Many have said they'll vote for whoever the R nominee is to get Duh Wun out of the WH, but I'm feeling the hair on the back of my neck standing up at the thought of having to do this AGAIN, because it worked out so well with McCain.  Taken on top of what McClintock said and the CNP about "us acting like us and not like them", I'm deeply apprehensive about the Romney push.

And Christie can kiss my gun-toting ass.

As I and others have argued time and time again...its easy being against Obama, that is a given, but the Ruling Class Repub's assuming we'll go along on that basis alone are making a mistake if they think that alone guarantees their anointed candidate will win.  As we've seen in the recent past (McCain, Dole, Bush I [failed reelection] & Ford) not offering a reason to vote FOR a candidate often has consequences.  I am not settling anymore, a Ruling Class candidate may survive the primaries, but it will not survive the general.  ABO sounds good but it is too narrow, too simplistic and too prone for epic failure.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

Karl's got his little chalkboard out explaining how they can win without us.

Plan B - they'd sooner have Obama and the golf course than a conservative and work - either at congress or heaven forbid,
in the private sector.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »

Wow, THAT was quick. So quick that it begs the question, when was Christie's endorsement actually procured by the Romney campaign?

As soon as he decided not tot run as Potus but may go for Veep.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 10:50:54 AM »

Romney's not that stupid.
Two Nor'easters, will not get elected.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »

Karl's got his little chalkboard out explaining how they can win without us.

Plan B - they'd sooner have Obama and the golf course than a conservative and work - either at congress or heaven forbid,
in the private sector.

I have Plan R (Revolt)

Good luck to The Butthead with former, and as far as the latter is concerned, well, tree/blood, patriots/tyrants...The Reckoning will sort it all out.