Author Topic: Issa subpoenas Holder.  (Read 1189 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Issa subpoenas Holder.
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »
Well, ya gotta start somewhere I guess. As long as this leads to warrants and arrests.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/12/issa-issues-subpoena-to-holder-in-fast-and-furious-investigation/

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, sent a subpoena Wednesday to Attorney General Eric Holder as part of his investigation into the gun trafficking operation known as "Fast and Furious."

"Top Justice Department officials, including Attorney General Holder, know more about Operation Fast and Furious than they have publicly acknowledged," the California Republican said in a statement. "The documents this subpoena demands will provide answers to questions that Justice officials have tried to avoid since this investigation began eight months ago. It's time we know the whole truth."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Issa subpoenas Holder.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »
I saw Issa on Greta a little while ago, and he is going out of his way to soft pedal the situation - apparently for public relations purposes - while still moving forward to get the information he's seeking. He is saying he didn't subpoena Holder, but rather subpoenaed "documents", and has simply "invited" Holder to "clarify".

I would rather have a pitbull tearing chunks of flesh from this administration. But perhaps it is wise not to seem too eagerly out for blood.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

I remember Watergate, there were no soft petals.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »

I remember Watergate, there were no soft petals.

I don't want to see any soft petals either.  What's the PR point at this point?  The LSM is already seeking Issa's blood; he might as well make them as afraid of him -- RAAAAHHHHRRRR!!!! -- as he can.  O My God, I've been born into the wrong generation!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:43:51 AM »
He was direct in the appearance I'm referring to, but he was gentlemanly, giving the benefit of the doubt, and careful not to be accusatory.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »
The time for playing nice with our enemies is over.  It should have been over decades ago.  Did the Dem's let off the gas on Nixon when they smelled blood in the water?

Apparently they will never learn...

I was born too late...I am in no mood to relive the last days of Rome...one way or another the guilty are gonna pay!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.