Author Topic: Olive Garden: American flag display would disrupt dining experience  (Read 1864 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Story link

Officials with the parent company of Olive Garden restaurants say they're sorry if a decision regarding an Alabama Kiwanis club's desire to display the American flag caused any concern.

<snip>

The Oxford Olive Garden lacks a private dining area, which led to the decision, company officials said.

"To be fair to everyone and avoid disrupting the dining experience for all other guests, they're unable to accommodate flags or banners of any type in the dining room," according to the statement.

I get that they don't want every group coming in there with banners that probably aren't equiped for proper display.  But come on we're talking the American Flag!  There should always be room for that don't you think?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Olive Garden: American flag display would disrupt dining experience
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
I didn't click the link yet and I'm already pissed.  Gonna "read the rest" now, be right back ........

'K, I'm back and more pissed, thank ya, thank ya ver' mush.  Aside from the room issue, who the hell is gonna be offended/disrupted by the presence of the American flag and who gives a flyin' frig if they are?

Darden Group.  Recognize the name?  Signed on with the First Mrs. and her plan for preventing you people from eating what she's decided you cain't.

Tick, tick folks ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:59:32 AM »
Another for the boycott list.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
An Olive Garden in my neighborhood disrupts my dining experience.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
I have never eaten at Olive Garden.

No reason to start now

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »
And in today's, "no one could have possibly guessed how a story like this could go viral and forced some VP into full suckup mode..."

Olive Garden apologizes to Kiwanis Club

Probably isn't pleasant for some little waxed chested metrosexual VP type to bend over, and to keep whimpering, "thank you ma'am, may I please have another" as grandma bitch slaps the little guy from one end of the restaurant to the other.  ::slapfight::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:30 AM »
The only reason to dine their is if you have a vampire problem in your area anyway! ::laserkill::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »
It should be a "non-issue" for any American as to whether an American flag can be displayed.

It should be a given.

As I recall, their parent company Darden joined up with the first lady moocher to improve our diets.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
I get that they don't want every group coming in there with banners that probably aren't equiped for proper display.  But come on we're talking the American Flag!  There should always be room for that don't you think?

I have prepared an in depth response on another thread so I don't hyjack this thread.
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3343.0.html

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:49 PM »

No reason to start now

You're not missing much .

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
I'll give them a pass on this considering crowded conditions, and the little ones running helter skelter as little ones will do. I will not give them a break however on the price raise on there  Soup & Salad menu item , or the increase in there bottled House Salad Dressing! ::angry::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »

No reason to start now

Concur.  Went once, invited by friends.  That "Never Ending Salad" is fully half croutons.  Croutons are meant as a garnish and I dislike them to boot.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Reversal: Olive Garden apologizes to Kiwanis Club
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »
This was quick...

Olive Garden apologizes to Kiwanis Club

OXFORD, AL (WBRC) -

Olive Garden apologizes for refusing to allow 80-year-old Marti Warren bring an American flag into their restaurant during her Kiwanis Club award banquet last week.

Olive Garden issued this statement: "We are very sorry for any misunderstanding about this issue. We do not have a policy at Olive Garden concerning bringing the American flag into our restaurants. Some members of our team were misinformed about company policy by our corporate office. As a company, we take responsibility for that and we regret it.  We take pride in how we communicate to our restaurants and we are correcting this so it doesn't happen again. Like all Americans, we have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the American flag and everything it symbolizes, and we welcome anyone who wishes to bring the flag into our restaurants. In fact, we periodically provide American flag collar pins to our employees to wear while serving guests."

Marti Warren says the vice president of the company contacted her today and will be coming to Oxford to personally apologize to all the Golden K Kiwanis Club members.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »
They dissed an 80 year-old woman wanting nothing more than a Flag present.  No one has respect anymore for anything.  Nice to see they're making amends as fast as humanly possible, though.

Still not going because I still hate croutons, but best wishes for their future endeavors.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
I won't go because my ultra-lib ghey nephew works there and he creeps me out, but ya - best of luck to ya... ::newyear::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:57:51 AM »

No reason to start now

Concur.  Went once, invited by friends.  That "Never Ending Salad" is fully half croutons.  Croutons are meant as a garnish and I dislike them to boot.

Pizza Hut with a wine list .

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »
If Olive Garden, or any restaurant for that matter, wanted to be pro active, an American Flag would be in EVERY restaurant.

I have an American Flag in my business. If some whiny ass wants to question it as offensive, I'll personally show them the door.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
If Olive Garden, or any restaurant for that matter, wanted to be pro active, an American Flag would be in EVERY restaurant.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »
Perkins always has those really big ones!

::thumbsup::

::USA::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.