Author Topic: FL Poll - Cain 34%!  (Read 898 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
FL Poll - Cain 34%!
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
http://americanresearchgroup.com/

Herman has something cooking!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: FL Poll - Cain 34%!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
Romney close behind at 28%....

Herman needs to keep momentum going. That depends largely on keeping his mouth under control.

I noticed the other day he said something about Obama not having any connection to the "Black experience". No media blowup - which tells me they're putting that one in their pocket to trot out at general election time should it come to that.

He needs to learn that the mics are always on, and an utterance could literally derail him in an instant if he says the wrong thing. I almost cringe inside, as if it's not whether he will step on his tongue, but when.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3299.msg36923.html#msg36923
Rasmussen Poll

Cain ........................29%
Romney ...................29%
Gingrich ...................10%
Rick Perry ..................9%
Ron Paul ...................5%
Michele Bachmann ......4%
Rick Santorum ............2%
Jon Huntsman ............2%
some other candidate .3%
not sure ....................7%

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

Herman needs to keep momentum going. That depends largely on keeping his mouth under control.

I noticed the other day he said something about Obama not having any connection to the "Black experience". No media blowup - which tells me they're putting that one in their pocket to trot out at general election time should it come to that.

He needs to learn that the mics are always on, and an utterance could literally derail him in an instant if he says the wrong thing. I almost cringe inside, as if it's not whether he will step on his tongue, but when.

Are you cringing because of what he says or because you're worried what other folks are going to think about what he says?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »

We cringe because we worry about what others think or the implications of the media. Hell, I like it, and I'm betting so do a LOT of folks. The media can kiss my butt.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »

We cringe because we worry about what others think or the implications of the media. Hell, I like it, and I'm betting so do a LOT of folks. The media can kiss my butt.

::thumbsup::

::cool::

::danceban::

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »
You know, if Newt didn't spend a decade as New Coke, I'd swear the Old Coke was back.  Watching him running I realize how much I missed the Newt of the 90's.  Still, he'd never be my number 1, but I can't toss him aside, either.

If not for that lost decade, I bet Newt would have run away with the nomination.

Offline Janny

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:04:53 AM »
You know, if Newt didn't spend a decade as New Coke, I'd swear the Old Coke was back.  Watching him running I realize how much I missed the Newt of the 90's.  Still, he'd never be my number 1, but I can't toss him aside, either.

If not for that lost decade, I bet Newt would have run away with the nomination.

Funny you say that. I have been so unenthused about all the candidates that I have been seriously reconsidering Newt. There.are things I don't like about all the candidates, but he is the smartest of the bunch, IMO. I just think he has too much baggage for Obama's minions to exploit, to ever get elected.  ::gaah::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »

Are you cringing because of what he says or because you're worried what other folks are going to think about what he says?

I cringe because of how missteps will be spun against him, and because errors of that nature are unforced. It shows a lack of message control and discipline.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:08 AM »
I don't think Gingrich is a leader. He's smart, articulate, and able to hold his own in a conversation. But he's shown too many times that he will go the politically expedient route, which leads him to miscalculate. Whether it be Global Warming, or attacking Paul Ryan's sincere effort to balance the budget as "right-wing social engineering", we can see that he's willing to betray conservatism on a whim, if he thinks he can squeeze a drop of political mileage out of it.

- Thomas Jefferson