Author Topic: Where's all the little eco-tard's?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Where's all the little eco-tard's?
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:31:50 AM »
http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/01/gm-sells-281-chevy-volts-february-nissan-67-leafs/

Oh, I guess you need a job and an income to be able to buy a car, eh?  Or is it because this things just plain suck?!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Where's all the little eco-tard's?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/01/gm-sells-281-chevy-volts-february-nissan-67-leafs/

Oh, I guess you need a job and an income to be able to buy a car, eh?  Or is it because this things just plain suck?!

::hysterical::

Here is the issue. Eco turds are forced to fly in planes to attend global warming events. From the airports, most events are farther away than the range of the Volt or Leaf, so they must take an SUV.

When eco turds are in their humble homes...they ride a bike.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »
I wonder how many of these purchases were for businesses? Corporations seeking to project a (fake) image of "global Responsibility" - to divert attention from the fleet of corporate jets.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
I wonder how many of these purchases were for businesses? Corporations seeking to project a (fake) image of "global Responsibility" - to divert attention from the fleet of corporate jets.

Any business doing that deserves everything bad coming their way!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
I remember reading a story about the Queensland (Australia) state police buying hybrids as part of a mandated initiative to make the government more "Green". The officers are complaining that there's not enough room for their equipment, even when stowing some of it in the trunk, or worse yet they end up going out on patrol without some of it. They also complain that it's virtually impossible to put a perp in the back with any measure of real security due to how cramped it is.

So, they end up having to sell them off at a loss. Well, not their loss. Just the taxpayer cash cows' loss.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 01:10:56 PM »
I remember reading a story about the Queensland (Australia) state police buying hybrids as part of a mandated initiative to make the government more "Green". The officers are complaining that there's not enough room for their equipment, even when stowing some of it in the trunk, or worse yet they end up going out on patrol without some of it. They also complain that it's virtually impossible to put a perp in the back with any measure of real security due to how cramped it is.

So, they end up having to sell them off at a loss. Well, not their loss. Just the taxpayer cash cows' loss.

If I'm speeding and being pulled over by a hybrid......I may choose to flee in my v8.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »

On the tail of the Carter fiasco a school system bought a fleet of  propane fueled buses.  Before they had opportunity to auction off the old buses they were back in service and the propane buses mothballed.  Why?  Maintenance and repair, the buses were in the shop more time than on the road. 

Gasoline is a lubricant and coolant; running an alien fuel, such as alcohol or propane, through an engine designed for gasoline will always create more problems than solved.