Author Topic: Our Man Mittens  (Read 2168 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Our Man Mittens
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »
The optics are all wrong. I like people who earn money - lots of money. But in this anti-Wall Street political climate, you can almost see the saliva dripping from Obama's fangs at the prospect of getting to run against a fat-cat like Romney, and optics like this will be in his toolbox, you can count on it.

The Old Mitt Romney Photo That He Probably Wants Destroyed

Time's Michael Scherer digs up this photo from the Romney media archives showing our man Mittens and his old Bain Capital buddies playing with money.

Look at them, hugging and eating and rubbing and sucking their corporate-raider money. At least Romney had enough sense not to stuff it in his collar like that one guy, instead choosing to simply grab on to the right end of a bill while smiling, devilishly. Oh, and then there's some money falling out of his coat. Oops!

If this does not appear in an attack ad at some point in the next year, then various rival campaigns will have failed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Our Man Mittens
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 04:23:27 PM »

Those funny in house parodies can come back and bite you in the buttocks.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »

Those funny in house parodies can come back and bite you in the buttocks.

That's sort of what I alluded to re; Herman Cain & his radio show in THIS thread. We need to know what's out there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »

Herman's normalcy is threatening.
The left has had seven years to research Romney
and they've got some goodies.  Being segmented themselves
they understand very well how to divide and conquer.  They've got Romney
goodies for every defined segment of the Republican voter ship.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »

Lapdance night at Bain Bros?

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:02:55 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
That'll look good in a campaign ad...

...whose ad I am not quite sure...but it'll look good.

::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »
I don't recall to which recent event it was, but Mittens lied his ass off, too, about Perry's "preacher" who wasn't, that Perry invited him to perform the introduction which he didn't, and that Perry agreed with the "elect the same as us" opinion which he hadn't.  I looked for a thread, didn't find one.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Did that have to do with something about Perry and that prayer breakfast?  I tried to search for that too and came up with squat.

::whatgives::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

Have money will launder.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »
Did that have to do with something about Perry and that prayer breakfast?  I tried to search for that too and came up with squat.

::whatgives::

Yes!!  Jim Quinn was discussing it and pointed out the various discrepancies between what Romney and Co. said about it and what actually happened.

I'll look around for a source that includes the fisking .....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
I found this -

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mitt-romney-calls-on-rick-perry-to-repudiate-anti-mormon-pastor/

Romney has no problem going after falks and taking events out of context when it suits his purpose.

It was a tag team deal at the Christie endorsement annoucement -

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Christie-Romney-Perry-Mormon/2011/10/11/id/414038

And if you read the full transcript (I saw it once, cannot locate now) you see Perry's intoductory remarks are praising this pasors remarks about his non-secular achievements as Governor qualifying him to be POTUS, not agreeing with the pastors Mormon comments.

And in this link you see Perry not backing down because there is nothing to repudiate, he said he did not agree with the pastors remarks and that shoud have been accepted.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-10-11/romney-perry-pastor/50734694/1

But the Romney camp saw a bone to chew so they keep chewing it.  Apparently Romney thinks a religious war is to his advantage if it is a detriment to his big state rival.

I'd like to know why the other candidates are not accepting Perry's statements about this.  That indicates to me where their sentitment lies with respect to these two, or in some cases a fecklessness in touching any topic smacking of religion.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:04 AM »

Lapdance night at Bain Bros?

Delta Tau Chi House at BYU?

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
More dirt on Mittens

I noted Mitt Romney’s partnership with Obama science adviser and long-time Malthusian crank John Holdren in creating the “toughest” CO2 emissions limitations in the nation, and the resultant need for Massachusetts to import more of their energy in the years that followed.  However, Holdren wasn’t Romney’s most significant appointment for environmental issues.  Douglas Foy served as Secretary of Commonwealth Development in Romney’s cabinet for most of his term, and demonstrates Romney’s complicated — and contradictory — record on climate change.

Foy came to the Romney administration in Massachusetts with a solid record on environmental activism as head of the Conservation Law Foundation for the previous 25 years.  Under his direction, the CLF used the courts to block the building of the Seabrook 2 nuclear plant and stop off-shore drilling in the Georges Bank region.  Romney picked him in 2003 with this record in order to bridge the gap between environmentalists and Republicans and to craft a reasonable approach to environmental issues.

This guy really does belong on the democrat side of the equation - that Republican voters are apparently still backing this guy is astonishing to the point that one would have to willingly suspend all rational thought in order to buy into that concept. I simply can not conclude that there are that many Republican voters close enough ideologically to Mittens that he has enough actual support to garner even 5% of the votes in this Republican primary.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »
He might win the primary by default. But either he'll lose the election and America loses, or he'll win the election and America loses.

The more I examine and think about Romney, the less certain I am that I would vote for hm should he be the nominee. For me to reach that conclusion, I'll have to come to a point where I lose hope that the nation can be saved politically.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
@Priest:

/agree

Voting for Mittens is pretty much the same as voting for Obama. He'd do the same things only slower. What would we have gained? If a mugger is robbing you and you make a deal with the mugger to only take half your money, did you win or did the mugger? Exactly right - you lost either way. The solution is to not allow yourself to be in that position in the first place. I've not been shy about my desire to vote for Herman Cain on this forum and aside from the fact that I really think he's the best candidate, his nomination will avoid the above-described example.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »
At some point we cannot continue to reward the GOP establishment for pushing garbage on us, just because their garbage is marginally better than the Democrats' garbage. I'm beyond sick and tired of the "Well who else are they gonna vote for? The Democrats?" tactic from the GOP.

If Romney is the nominee I am not certain I can vote for him either. And yes, I know what that would mean. I'm just to a point where I'm not sure it really even matters. We're not going to correct anything with the business-as-usual approach that the GOP apparatchiks have on offer. I'm also less amenable to the argument that says we should accept RINOs as the last resort because they will at least hold the real Left at bay for a few years. In some ways that is exactly why the Left has advanced as much as they have, because Republican kind-of-sort-of opposition over the years has by necessity made the Left enact its agenda in an incremental fashion, rather than going for broke and showing the country who and what they truly are.

I just can't help shake this nagging feeling that America is at a nexus, one of the most important moments in its history, when we desperately need the exceptional to rise to the fore. And instead we're getting more of the same, the ordinary.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
I just can't help shake this nagging feeling that America is at a nexus, one of the most important moments in its history, when we desperately need the exceptional to rise to the fore.

You can't shake it because it isn't a feeling I'm afraid. It's reality.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »
As goes America, so goes the world Glock. If America falls, this will be a nexus in the history of the human race - the mark in history at which point the ascent of humanity gives way to our decline as a species.

- Thomas Jefferson