Author Topic: Our Man Mittens  (Read 2144 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: Our Man Mittens
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
LINK

For all the talk about his inevitability, after half a decade as a declared or undeclared presidential candidate, Romney can scarcely muster a fifth of the GOP primary vote. Republicans continue to cast about for an alternative - looking to Michele Bachmann, then to Rick Perry and now to Herman Cain.

Stuff like this gives me some small hope though at least.  I think that once things settle down and we're left with just Romney and 'the not-Romney' the Republican voters are going to go with 'the not-Romney' candidate. Though there is that nagging doubt that I have concerning the intelligence of your average voter in America that still keeps me up at night.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 11:12:19 AM »

or a decline of exceptionalism for the next um five hundred years.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »

WHAT?

Mitt Romney is the favorite to receive Sen. Jim DeMint's (R-S.C.) much-sought-after endorsement in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, according to knowledgeable GOP sources.

Oh no, say it ain't so.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
@Charles:
I read that earlier this morning too. But then THIS came out.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 02:35:30 PM »

“That story is a fabrication made up of anonymous sources that obviously have no clue what Senator DeMint is thinking. He has said over and over again that he is not leaning toward any candidate yet and may end up not endorsing in the presidential race.”

Be still my bleating heart.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
He might well decide at some point that Romney’s the only man still left who can take out Obama in a general election, which as a sitting Senator has to be DeMint’s highest priority in the 2012 cycle.

It does?  O rly.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 02:40:38 PM »
If Demint and Romney are friends, I wouldn't expect Demint to throw him under the bus. But Demints comments are not an endorsement.

I'd expect Demint to withhold any endorsement for some time.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »

It does?  O rly.

Hot Air is pretty good getting their facts straight; however,
their speculatin' and hypothicatin' is a just little right of mainstream.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/us/massachusetts-tries-to-rein-in-its-health-care-cost.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

If only we had a crystal ball and could peer into the future of Obamacare to see whether or not it will bankrupt the country...

...oh, wait...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »
Yeaaaaap!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
http://bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2011/11/18/past-staffs-recall-computer-buybacks/jpLb3VSnMf0FdyrEbhwk1K/story.html

Top aides to the three Massachusetts governors who preceded Mitt Romney - all of them Republicans - said yesterday they know of no instance when state employees purchased their computer hard drive as they left the administration, as 11 of Romney’s aides did in 2006 as he was laying the groundwork for his first presidential campaign.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »
http://bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2011/11/18/past-staffs-recall-computer-buybacks/jpLb3VSnMf0FdyrEbhwk1K/story.html

Top aides to the three Massachusetts governors who preceded Mitt Romney - all of them Republicans - said yesterday they know of no instance when state employees purchased their computer hard drive as they left the administration, as 11 of Romney’s aides did in 2006 as he was laying the groundwork for his first presidential campaign.

“I can’t conceive that they would have done anything that was illegal,’’ she said

Her inability to conceptualize does not impress or concern me...why the heck were they allowed to acquire public property?  The people of the state own that equipment and the data inside them!  Are these idiots aware of the fiduciary nature of the temprorary positions we put them in charge of?!  Who the hell is the AG at this time?!

God knows what data was in there...bet a ton of juicy details regarding RomneyCare just went POOF!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
True enough Libertas - unfortunately we can't prosecute for the appearance of impropriety. But it sure doesn't look good does it?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/romney-tosses-out-the-name-of-a-potential-running-mate/

“There are probably 15 names of people, including (New Hampshire Sen.) Kelly Ayotte,” Romney said in an interview on Fox News Monday night. “I mean, there are terrific Republicans in the Senate, in the House, in governors’ offices.” …

And while Romney was hesitant to list any more possible VP contenders, the candidate said there’s no short list of potential names.

“You’ve got extraordinary men and women,” Romney said. “We have a very deep bench.”
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus