Author Topic: Thought Police?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Thought Police?
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »
Boy, doesn't this just sound like a 'thought police' (aka democrat) wet dream right here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8818716/US-crime-predicting-technology-tests-draw-Minority-Report-comparisons.html

Excerpt:
"Using cameras and sensors the "pre-crime" system measures and tracks changes in a person's body movements, the pitch of their voice and the rhythm of their speech.
It also monitors breathing patterns, eye movements, blink rate and alterations in body heat, which are used to assess an individual's likelihood to commit a crime.
The Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) programme is already being tested on a group of government employees who volunteered to act as guinea pigs.
The first test was carried out at an undisclosed location in the north-eastern United States.
According to the Department of Homeland Security it was not at an airport, but was at a "large venue that is a suitable substitute for an operational setting"."
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Thought Police?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:57 PM »
we were discussing this a week or two ago (before you joined us I guess) but I don't recall a mention that its already been tested...

and who are these people that are as stupid as all get out but can come up with a sentence like this?

"large venue that is a suitable substitute for an operational setting".

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
LINK

Hundreds of pre-crime surveillance cameras are to be installed in San Francisco’s subway system that will analyze “suspicious behavior” and alert guards to potential criminal or terrorist activity – before any crime has been committed.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
LINK

Hundreds of pre-crime surveillance cameras are to be installed in San Francisco’s subway system that will analyze “suspicious behavior” and alert guards to potential criminal or terrorist activity – before any crime has been committed.

Will queers groping in public qualify as suspicious behavior?  How about straights? 

See what NADA et al hath wrought?  No, this is SF and HomSec, nobody is paying attention...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »
we were discussing this a week or two ago (before you joined us I guess) but I don't recall a mention that its already been tested...

Sports arena?

... and who are these people that are as stupid as all get out but can come up with a sentence like this?

"large venue that is a suitable substitute for an operational setting".

Obfuscators.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"