Author Topic: Gauss Pistol  (Read 2012 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Gauss Pistol
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:38:25 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gauss Pistol
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »
Any demo videos?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. But it does seem to be a pretty snazzy first step just the same!  ::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:53:25 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. But it does seem to be a pretty snazzy first step just the same!  ::thumbsup::

True, but I'm old school. I like my mechanical stuff. Lot more reliable.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »

True, but I'm old school. I like my mechanical stuff. Lot more reliable.

BMG likes his mechanical also.  He's the one that influenced me back in my early college years... when I got out of the USAF and got my first job.. the first gun I bought was a S&W .357 magnum revolver... very much so influenced by BMG and some target shooting while in college.

BMG and another roomate we'll call PF were beyond gun nuts.  That's all they talked about.  They'd rebuild rifles from the scrap heap to fully functional with new blueing etc... right in the dorm rooms.  Ha... we had an arsenal hidden in the ceiling of the dorm.

Our glorified 'hall monitor' about fainted when he just heard rumors of it.  He'd come to the door and everyone would scatter like cockroaches hiding guns.. or standing in front of shotguns leaning against the walls so the guy wouldn't see them...

Don't even get me going about how we made Napalm in the dorm... how they never smelled the gel/gasoline simmering on the hotplate is beyond me.  I can't belive how insane we were... here.. put gasoline in this sauce pan on the hotplate.... WHAT?!  I don't think I'd do that today. Heh

Oh... I got off on a sine/cosine (tangent).... yeah.. BMG likes his mechanical also.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
I have to admit Del, it was pretty funny when the RA was standing there in our doorway extolling the virtues of minding the rules while JG was standing in front of a shotgun leaning against the wall. *smirk* That RA must have been blind. There was no way I was going to leave all my hardware with the security office though! Come on, I would have been under surveillance as soon as I left the office after having 'registered' all of them!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:25:35 PM »
I forgot... before I bought the S&W .357 Magnum revolver...

My very first purchase when I got back was a Ruger 10/22.  Another purchase that was a 100% influence from BMG.  Now that has been my most used gun... fantastic weapon... if you're fighting an army of squirels.  But fantastic for going out and coming back with food.

Break down of society.. still has its uses.. but I'll have the .357 in the sholder holster and the lever action .30-.30 Winchester in my hands.  The Remington .270 with the bipod and the scope stays in the case for long range personel control and I hope I never have to use it like that.  I wish I never sold that Mosberg 500 12-guage, it'd be perfect for getting my way in/out of cities at night.  Just a generally aimed 12-guage with the proper shot can get you out of a nasty situation fast.

But.. again.. I sine/cosine. Heh

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
All those clods on Wall Street and other places begging for revolution? It has slipped their collective little pinheaded minds that the conservatives have all of the guns. And ammo. Lots and lots of guns and ammo. Good luck with the revolution, morons.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:21:55 PM »
Chances are, if a liberal actually picked up a gun, no doubt they would shoot themselves.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
All those clods on Wall Street and other places begging for revolution? It has slipped their collective little pinheaded minds that the conservatives have all of the guns. And ammo. Lots and lots of guns and ammo. Good luck with the revolution, morons.

Yeah.. but they've got the Commander in Chief on their side.. they've got the Military.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »
As to the aforementioned pistol...I will take the rifle version. I'd be wanting one like Scharzeneger used in Eraser. Or one like the Navy is developing. They are a little noisy on discharge, though. Big electric bill, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

Yeah.. but they've got the Commander in Chief on their side.. they've got the Military.

If it ever comes to that it won't really matter much one way or the other. It will all be over.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 11:31:34 PM »
lol, I started a thread on the 10/22 down in TEOTWAWKI. I do so love my 10/22 - that thing has never let me down.

Anyway, they think they have the Military - but I'd venture a guess that at least 3/4 of the military would go AWOL and turn up on the side of the militias if the POTUS ever issued the order to quell the population of the US. So they may think they have the military, but I have my doubts about that. What I imagine would happen though is something along those lines - then the POTUS would call in the UN and we'd have a bunch of blue helmets running around the country trying to pacify the population.

But that's just my musings I guess...I have been known to be a tad touched in the head after all.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 11:32:10 PM »

I don't believe that.  They involve the military, they've involved a volatile ........ could go either way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:39:10 PM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 11:42:39 PM »
And yeah, my 10/22 is probably my favorite. Deadly accurate prairie dog killer. Dirt cheap ammo. I must have about two or three dozen Ramline high capacity mags for it. Load up, pick out a good shooting spot and pick off the bastards all day long. Good times, good times.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »

I'm shocked, shocked to see "fantasy violence" on this forum.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »
Chances are, if a liberal actually picked up a gun, no doubt they would shoot themselves.

Heh.

Plus, shooting guns banger-style means lots of misses...

Survival won't be long for this ilk...

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.