Author Topic: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana .....  (Read 1185 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana .....
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:07 PM »
.... for "secondhand dealers".

Payment shall be made in the form of check, electronic transfers, or money order issued to the seller of the junk or used or secondhand property…”  The broad scope of this definition can essentially encompass everyone; from your local flea market vendors and buyers to a housewife purchasing goods on ebay or craigslist, to a group of guys trading baseball cards, they could all be considered secondhand dealers. Lawmakers in Louisiana have effectively banned its citizens from freely using United States legal tender.

Whaaaat?  Good grief.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana .....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:52:15 PM »
better to track you my pretty..... ::evilbat::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
Yah.  Well, track this with yer lips, futhehmuckeh ....

Fortunately, I'm not in LA.

Start stockpiling cash too.  Spend it when you shop, restock/replace when you're convenient to the bank/ATM.

They actually ARE going to make us push them back, aren't they .......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
better to track you my pretty..... ::evilbat::

And all that you do. Work up a pretty good personality profile too.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:15:26 AM »
Yah.  Well, track this with yer lips, futhehmuckeh ....

Fortunately, I'm not in LA.

Start stockpiling cash too.  Spend it when you shop, restock/replace when you're convenient to the bank/ATM.

yeah, I know.  I just got get my butt to the bank.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »

I've started working on a special sort of Resume.  I have been studying how to make solar panels from easily found supplies; how to make water wheels and windmills (Translation: How to make electricity from scratch)... I know plumbing, My profession is drinking water treatment and sewer treatment, I am a successful hunter, I've had military/security training, etc, etc.  I have been developing a 'the guy you want around' sort of resume for when things hit the fan.

I want to be able to sell myself to some group to earn a position with them.  A community that can pull together for security/safety, collection of supplies, shelter, etc.  Our daughter has diabetes (type 1) and has some serious special needs if society falls apart.  Without Walgreens (insulin/supplies).. she's dead.  So I can't just be the lone wolf that heads for the mountains and survives.. I've got to figure out how to become valuable to some community/organization that I can barter/earn supplies for my daughter.

You talked about stockpiling cash.... I think more important.. be able to sell your skills and abilities... barter.  Cash will be (and is almost already) worthless.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »

I've started working on a special sort of Resume.  I have been studying how to make solar panels from easily found supplies; how to make water wheels and windmills (Translation: How to make electricity from scratch)... I know plumbing, My profession is drinking water treatment and sewer treatment, I am a successful hunter, I've had military/security training, etc, etc.  I have been developing a 'the guy you want around' sort of resume for when things hit the fan.

I want to be able to sell myself to some group to earn a position with them.  A community that can pull together for security/safety, collection of supplies, shelter, etc.  Our daughter has diabetes (type 1) and has some serious special needs if society falls apart.  Without Walgreens (insulin/supplies).. she's dead.  So I can't just be the lone wolf that heads for the mountains and survives.. I've got to figure out how to become valuable to some community/organization that I can barter/earn supplies for my daughter.

You talked about stockpiling cash.... I think more important.. be able to sell your skills and abilities... barter.  Cash will be (and is almost already) worthless.

You're right about all of that, Del.  Few of us will be able to make it doing the Lone Wolf thing; a community with everyone pooling skills and abilities is the best best, I'd say.

I'll probably not make it very long without the Crohn's drug unless restraining the urge to kill me some evil turns out to be the source of my infirmity.

As for the cash, my suggestion was the for now time.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 05:16:23 AM »
This illustrates my pet political science theory: The reason that urban areas are Blue and Rural areas are Red is actually very simple: When the inevitable Financial melt-down occurs, the urbanites are at the mercy of what the government can provide. When the government can't provide food and security and maintain a sanitary sewer system, it is not gonna be pretty.

Kinda, sorta like New Orleans during Katrina on steroids.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »
I spent six of the best years of my life in Louisiana and can assure you that more Scoff Laws as a percentage of population exist there than just about any place I've ever lived . My Bayou Buddies will simply smile , give the government the finger and continue doing business as usual .

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »
This illustrates my pet political science theory: The reason that urban areas are Blue and Rural areas are Red is actually very simple: When the inevitable Financial melt-down occurs, the urbanites are at the mercy of what the government can provide. When the government can't provide food and security and maintain a sanitary sewer system, it is not gonna be pretty.

Kinda, sorta like New Orleans during Katrina on steroids.

As I have become fond of saying, the urbanites have done us the favor of congregating in self-made concentration camps.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »
I spent six of the best years of my life in Louisiana and can assure you that more Scoff Laws as a percentage of population exist there than just about any place I've ever lived . My Bayou Buddies will simply smile , give the government the finger and continue doing business as usual .

Here's to the scofflaws!

::beertoast::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.