Author Topic: Gosh Darnit! Charlie's Angels Reboot Canned After Four Episodes  (Read 1149 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Gosh Darnit! Charlie's Angels Reboot Canned After Four Episodes
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:27:32 AM »
I guess this means that ABC will be cranking up the Love Boat reboot next.

Or maybe the Fantasy Island reboot.

Or Dynasty.

Or maybe Laverne and Shirley.

Why not?

They pulled out all the stops - including a girl on girl kiss - in a bid to boost ratings.
But the new rebooted TV series Charlie's Angels has been axed after just four episodes.
Representatives for the ABC network confirmed the news today.
The cancellation comes after the show suffered a drop in 3 million viewers over the past month.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Gosh Darnit! Charlie's Angels Reboot Canned After Four Episodes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:58 AM »
Ya know.... don't laugh.... I've actually thought that a "Fantasy Island" reboot could be extremely cool if they did it right.

Think along the lines of "Lost". An inexplicably mysterious and seemingly other-dimensional island paradise where your fantasies come to life, but where unintended consequences teach you life's lessons the hard way. A properly-cast Mr. Roarke and Tattoo as congenial hosts - at least congenial on the surface - who just seem to border on sinister, with an impenetrable shield of plausible deniability when your fantasy gets out of control...

I think it could be pretty dang cool.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »
On a somewhat related note, does not the proliferation of "reboots" suggest our culture has become stagnant, decadent, and given to self-reference? I think there is also some element of the totalitarian dogma of PC, and its related hypersensitivities, having effectively squelched good writing or at least the willingness to try new avenues. There is a subconscious desire for a return to the time "when (TV, movies, music, whatever) were good" and that might explain the enormous number of remakes/reboots currently active in TV and movies. "Retro" always has a certain foothold in popular culture, but it seems especially prominent now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
Ya know.... don't laugh.... I've actually thought that a "Fantasy Island" reboot could be extremely cool if they did it right.

Think along the lines of "Lost". An inexplicably mysterious and seemingly other-dimensional island paradise where your fantasies come to life, but where unintended consequences teach you life's lessons the hard way. A properly-cast Mr. Roarke and Tattoo as congenial hosts - at least congenial on the surface - who just seem to border on sinister, with an impenetrable shield of plausible deniability when your fantasy gets out of control...

"where your fantasies come to life, but where unintended consequences teach you life's lessons the hard way."

Uh, hate to bust ur bubble, but liberals are living thru fantasy island today. ::gaah::  It's just not our fantasy. I can't post my fantasy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
...liberals are living thru fantasy island today. ::gaah::  It's just not our fantasy. I can't post my fantasy.

Maybe that one'll be a reality show.
 ::saywhat::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »

Dennis Leary must be looking for a new role now that Rescue Me is done. That's the kind of twisted actor who needs to play the host. No idea on the sidekick, though. Certainly it doesn't need to be a midget. Steve Buscemi would work except he doesn't do television.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:37:00 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
Maybe Tattoo could be a hot chick. It IS Fantasy Island after all. ::thumbsup::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
Maybe ABC would have had better luck with a reprise starring
Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd as grandmothers chasing bad guys.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
Maybe ABC would have had better luck with a reprise starring
Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd as grandmothers chasing bad guys.

Or they could cast Christie Brinkley in a show about bad guys chasing grandmothers!  ::pimp::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly