Author Topic: Florence, AZ  (Read 538 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Florence, AZ
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »
So... I live in the Northern part of Pinal County in Arizona.  You may be familiar with Sheriff Paul Babeu and his aggressive action against drug runners from Mexico moving up through Pinal Co. on their way to Phoenix.  This post is not about the Sheriff, it's about the capital of the County, Florence.

I live in a place called San Tan Valley, Arizona.  It has a population of 80,000 people, two gas stations, 1 super Walmart, 1 Denny's, a Starbucks, a McDonald's and a Burger King, a few places to get your hair cut, 1 Pizza Hut, a few pizza delivery places, a Fry's grocery store, an auto repair place and about a dozen other places of business.  It has no police and only one road to link it to Phoenix.  So you basically get 40,000 people using one two lane road (one car heading North, one car heading South) every morning and evening.

San Tan Valley wanted to become a town/city but here in Arizona they have a law that says anyone within like 30 miles has to vote on allowing another place to become a town.  If just 1 town in that circle around the new applicant says no.. then the answer is no and the people can not become a town.

So we have the county seat about 28 miles South of us with about 21,800 people population that says no.  Why?  Well.. they asked the Major of Florence on a live interview on television and she very plainly says, "Because if San Tan Valley becomes a town then that is 80,000 people's tax money that we in Florence won't get anymore.  If we let them become a town then they will be able to keep their taxes that come back from the State Government and use it themselves."

Can you imagine how that enraged 80,000 people here in San Tan Valley against Florence?

Well..... today I took my first step of revenge.

I requested that for every election I get sent an 'early ballot' and one showed up today in the mail.  There was only one item on the ballot and it was this:
Vote Yes if you want to allow the Florence School System to increase their spending 15% OVER their budget this year and every year for the next six years.
Vote No if you want to make Florence School System spend only what money they have in their approved budget.

Can you guess what I voted?

I just wish the 2x4 I got to stuff up their A$$ had more rusty nails and embedded glass in it than it did have.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Florence, AZ
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Need more people with 2x4's to send the message to Florence is what I am hearing.

Repeat that act across the nation and maybe we'll actually get somewhere!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »
Way to go!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Ouch.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie