Author Topic: The Way  (Read 614 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
The Way
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2011/10/15/bozell-column-hollywood-vs-emilio-estevez
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/10/14/emilio-estevez-rips-hollywood-i-go-so-many-films-and-im-embarrassed-w

"In an interview on the Catholic cable channel EWTN, Estevez joked about the horror of making the pitch for this movie about a pilgrimage – no massive special effects, no parade of gore or bedroom scenes with nudity. It’s just an old man hiking across Spain with three people he meets along the way. It’s a small movie, made on a small budget. It’s about our humanity and our spirituality. It’s so easy to imagine Tinseltown’s eyes glazing over.

What Estevez said in that interview was still striking. “Hollywood is a very difficult place to be earnest and be heartfelt. And I am not interested in making films that are anything but. There’s a lot of vulgarity in films. There’s a lot of violence, casual sex – things that make me uncomfortable watching – and I’m not interested in perpetuating that message.”   It must be difficult making that statement when your brother is Charlie Sheen."

Hrm, even though it stars Martin Sheen (Estevez's Father and liberal wingnut), this may still be worth looking in to.   

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: The Way
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »
I read about this earlier and would love to see this movie.  Sounds beautiful and touching.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The Way
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »
I heard Sheen and Estevez interviewed about this movie on the radio a week or two ago, and it sounded very interesting.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson