Author Topic: Cain: Theme Song & interview  (Read 654 times)

charlesoakwood

Cain: Theme Song & interview
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

We Officially Have a Theme Song. It's On, Now!
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - October 15, AD 2011 7:31 PM MST
Herman Cain, who is a pretty darn good singer, spontaneously broke into a few bars of "To Dream The Impossible Dream" at an appearance today.

Houston, we have a theme song.

This pretty sums up the American situation. We may indeed be tilting at windmills, but we will fight for our country to the very end, because in the end, it will be how we stood and how we fought that will matter.

Cain 'Impossible Dream'

To dream the impossible dream,
To fight the unbeatable foe,
To bear with unbearable sorrow,
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong,
To be, better far, than you are,
To try when your arms are too weary,
To reach the unreachable star.

This is my quest,
To follow that star --
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far.

To be willing to give,
When there's no more to give,
To be willing to die
So that honor and justice may live.

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest.

And the world will be better for this,
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage.
To reach the unreachable star.

This is Jack Jones circa 1966 singing the show-stopper from "The Man of La Mancha".
JACK JONES THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM 1966

Interview:
               http://www.therightscoop.com/full-interview-herman-cain-on-meet-the-press/

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Cain: Theme Song & interview
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
Frank Sinatra - The Impossible Dream (Reprise 66)

I didn't think that Frank had it in him to do the song justice but I was wrong.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
I really look forward to casting my vote for Herman Cain for a whole wealth or reasons and this thread just drives that position home for me. The foremost reason being, he is the most conservative candidate in the race. But perhaps the most satisfying personally is that I can actually cast my vote for him and not feel like I've thrown my vote away voting for the lesser of two evils.

Yeah he's got his flaws, everyone does. But I haven't seen any flaws in this guy yet that even come close to the flaws of all the candidates we've had to vote for in the last couple decades.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
In the sing along version we could use Obama's head as the bouncing ball.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
I really look forward to casting my vote for Herman Cain for a whole wealth or reasons and this thread just drives that position home for me. The foremost reason being, he is the most conservative candidate in the race. But perhaps the most satisfying personally is that I can actually cast my vote for him and not feel like I've thrown my vote away voting for the lesser of two evils.

Yeah he's got his flaws, everyone does. But I haven't seen any flaws in this guy yet that even come close to the flaws of all the candidates we've had to vote for in the last couple decades.

Hopefully, he won't do anything to dampen my enthusiasm. It would be nice to actually WANT to wear a lapel pin or use a bumper sticker, yard sign, etc.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.