Author Topic: California Telling 12 Year Olds It's Okay to have Sex Without Parent's Knowledge  (Read 1144 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Filed under Culture, Health

"California has long held the reputation as being one of the most sexually permissive states in the union.  Between the huge gay communities, nude bike rides through towns, nude beaches and history of liberal sexual protests, areas of the state are hot beds for hedonism and promiscuity.

Over the years, not only has the state led the way of sexual openness, but they have also led the way to taking away the rights of parents in knowing about the activities of their minor children.  Among the loss of parental rights was a measure that gave kids as young as 12 years of age the right to seek out the diagnosis and treatment of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

This past Sunday, California Governor Jerry Brown sign Assembly Bill 499 into law that goes a step further in providing preventive care for children 12 and over to prevent contracting STD’s or drug related diseases such as hepatitis B.  The new law provides for vaccines for HPV, HIV and hepatitis to be made available to teens without parental consent or knowledge.

One of the bill’s sponsors, Assemblywoman Toni Atkins said, “It doesn't make sense to leave out medical care to prevent STDs while allowing minors to access treatment after they've already been exposed.  This bill will prevent adolescents from contracting life-threatening illnesses.”

What surprised me was to learn that ten other states and the District of Columbia have similar laws allowing preventative care without parental consent.

A number of critics of the law and advocates for parent’s rights have spoken out against the measure, but to no avail.  President savecalifornia.com, Randy Thomasson said, “[Governor] Brown has no excuse to deny patients essential information and trample parents’ consent for their children, who lack the brain development to make big decisions like this.  It is unfair and wrong for AB 499 to coerce children behind their parents’ backs, when calling or emailing a child’s mother or father to set an appointment is the respectful way to communicate vital information and answer important questions.”

Read more: California Telling 12 Year Olds It’s Okay to have Sex Without Parent’s Knowledge | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1481/california-telling-12-year-olds-its-okay-to-have-sex-without-parents-knowledge/#ixzz1ah0rbanv

Gives a whole new meaning to the 'Californiacation' moniker don't it? ::popcorn:: With the new ObamaCare decree, Children can stay on Parents Health Care to age 26, gives Multiplication a whole new meaning. ::falldownshocked:: Me thinks the next Business to pull up stakes and leave the Country may be Parenting! ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If parents lose control of kids at 12 then to be fair parents ought to be able to kick their asses out of their house at 12.  I mean the state wants them as wards anyway so why not cut out the meddlesome middle-people earlier?!

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
If parents lose control of kids at 12 then to be fair parents ought to be able to kick their asses out of their house at 12.  I mean the state wants them as wards anyway so why not cut out the meddlesome middle-people earlier?!

IIRC, you don't have kids, Libs, and I don't either, but I'm here to tell you -- at twelve -- after childbearing and birthing and toilet training, it would be over my damned and cold dead body.

That. is all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I'm REALLY getting tired of libs and their decadent sexual perversions. Gays, beastiality, pedophiles...WTF is next?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I would kill anyone who purposely harmed my child.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

IIRC, you don't have kids, Libs, and I don't either, but I'm here to tell you -- at twelve -- after childbearing and birthing and toilet training, it would be over my damned and cold dead body.

That. is all.

YRC, I don't, but I have niece/nephews.  It enrages me when I hear crap like this and my first response is to want to shock parents into what the Left's end game is.  As is everything the Left does, it is purposely driving wedges between parents and childeren...the quicker the statists can get their hooks into kids the easier it is to brainwash them to their perverted ideology.

Why is it the Left rails at the evils of tobbaco, sugar and fat as being harmful to kids and they find it acceptable to use whatever imagery and shock & awe tactic in the book to demonize those legal products but somehow aborting babies and sex for pre-teens is not harmful and warrants no action at all to defeat and any attempts to do so are twisted around and demonized?

In a way I feel fortunate I no not have children of my own...if I did...well, I would either be in prison for acting upon your aforementioned OMDB remark or I would be in the countryside somewhere homeschooling my kids and keeping them safe from all manner of predators.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
This type of $hit is one of a million reasons my wife and I got are kids (1&3) at the time the He!! out of there 20 yrs. ago.
Californication The breakfast cereal state...Fruits...Nuts ...and Flakes! ::danceban::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
 ::gaah::

These people are so consumed by their sexual appetites and preverse desires they can't be satisfied with themselves -- they have to corrupt everyone including kids.  As Libertas says this is about splitting kids from the parents.  Too many are willing to go along though.
 They've been doing a similar thing with public education for years.

My mother fought the establishment of a school based clinic at our school when I was a kid. ( I guess now every school has one. ) Back then there was some talk that the red Cross was behind it.

Years and years ago Phyllis Shlafly published a book documenting reports collected from around the country about what was being introduced in public schools and the documents detailing the reasoning/strategy behind it.  It was all about conditioning families to let the school take care of the kids.  One thing stuck out in my kid's mind was a statement from one admin who said despite the words to the contrary schools really don't want parents involved in the school beyond bringing cookies.  It's all about getting kids as young as possible.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I am quite sure our school district is somewhat anomalous, but they make it quite clear right from kindergarten that they want parents as involved in a child's education is the parent is able and willing. The level and depth of involvement with day-to-day school work they they place upon us to monitor and support learning - and to document our involvement daily - is almost burdensome to the point where sometimes I think, "Isn't that what teachers are for?" But I don't complain, because the result is that we are right there alongside our kids, participating in their education, knowing what they learn, able to keep a close eye on it.

Now to be sure, that school-parent interaction has gotten less as they've moved into and through high school. But the habits are so ingrained now, that we don't need the school prodding us to keep an eye open. Plus, they provide all the kids' grades, assignments, and stats on a web portal for us to check into any time we're compelled.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I am quite sure our school district is somewhat anomalous, but they make it quite clear right from kindergarten that they want parents as involved in a child's education is the parent is able and willing. The level and depth of involvement with day-to-day school work they they place upon us to monitor and support learning - and to document our involvement daily - is almost burdensome to the point where sometimes I think, "Isn't that what teachers are for?" But I don't complain, because the result is that we are right there alongside our kids, participating in their education, knowing what they learn, able to keep a close eye on it.

Now to be sure, that school-parent interaction has gotten less as they've moved into and through high school. But the habits are so ingrained now, that we don't need the school prodding us to keep an eye open. Plus, they provide all the kids' grades, assignments, and stats on a web portal for us to check into any time we're compelled.

That's great, IDP.  We'd all be better off if that was the model for everyone.
 I know more than a few parents who've told me they've tried to get involved and get the message they're not welcomed--though they are welcome to knock themselves out fundraising.

On the other hand, I have teacher friends who say they can't get parents to parent-teacher meetings. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."