Author Topic: I really have to get...  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I really have to get...
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »
...used to not watching the Vikings try to play football.  Dear Lord this outfit is rancid.  And we still seem sufficiently impressed with the ability of Donavan McNabb to throw ground balls, so the QB we drafted with the 12th overall pick in the draft continues to ride pine...

Perhaps seeing new stadium plans fall through and sending this team to L.A. isn't such a bad idea after all?

::facepalm::

::unknowncomic::

PS-You knew it would happen, and it has, I am already sick of this Harbaugh/Schwartz non-event event.  Really, who cares?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: I really have to get...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »
At some point you have to write a season off and try to get what you can out of it, and there is no better training for a rookie QB than playing in actual games against actual NFL opponents.

That is why I am enjoying watching the Panthers this year, even though they have only one W and will probably not get many more. They have a promising QB, starting in real games with the statistically toughest schedule of any team in the league. No amount of training camp or pre-seasons can touch that as an experience and confidence builder. I think they are going to be well positioned to contend for the next few seasons.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
I just read somewhere today that Ponder gets the start against Green Bay.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
At some point you have to write a season off and try to get what you can out of it, and there is no better training for a rookie QB than playing in actual games against actual NFL opponents.

That is why I am enjoying watching the Panthers this year, even though they have only one W and will probably not get many more. They have a promising QB, starting in real games with the statistically toughest schedule of any team in the league. No amount of training camp or pre-seasons can touch that as an experience and confidence builder. I think they are going to be well positioned to contend for the next few seasons.

Cam having a nice rookie campaign. Carolina has something to build around.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
Yeah I heard that too IDP.  Green Bay a tough nut to crack, then we go to Carolina and match up with Cam Newton.  Hopefully rookies do well and prove their worth.

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:35:06 AM »
You know, Madonna is certainly more representative than Hank Jr. for the welfare trash that rode into town demanding a 1/2% tithe out of everything I spend money on, yesterday.

Go ahead and move already.