Author Topic: Oh Say Can You Si?!  (Read 2739 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Oh Say Can You Si?!
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
Mexican Pledge of allegiance and Mexican National Anthem Recited in High School Spanish Class in Texas

And here's a HotAir Link concerning the same story

Students in a Texas public high school were made to stand up and recite the Mexican national anthem and Mexican pledge of allegiance as part of a Spanish class assignment, but the school district maintains there was nothing wrong with the lesson.

::gaah::   ::pokeineye::   ::gaah::
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:42:14 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Oh Say Can You Si?!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
Ummm....riiiight.  Nothing wrong with it.

I want to lead them in a class where the American Revolution is reenacted with live ammunition...this faculty can portray the Redcoats.

Nothing wrong with that!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
Ummm....riiiight.  Nothing wrong with it.

I want to lead them in a class where the American Revolution is reenacted with live ammunition...this faculty can portray the Redcoats.

Nothing wrong with that!

::thumbsup::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
Just think, at a time when school kids are not allowed to say the pledge of allegiance to the United States of America any longer...they are 'compelled' to say the pledge of allegiance to Mexico in school. I don't much give a rat's fuzzy butt if it was in a Spanish class...there is no good reason for this. Period.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »
No good reasons for, very many bad reasons. and the same goes for the "islamic cultural" classes that require learning its prayers when exposure to The Ten Commandments galvanizes the ACLU.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
@Pandora:

/agree
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
No good reasons for, very many bad reasons. and the same goes for the "islamic cultural" classes that require learning its prayers when exposure to The Ten Commandments galvanizes the ACLU.

Anything but the tried and true One Nation Under God culture.

An aside:  Read somewhere that Con Edison may foreclose on the Watzit Mosque in NY. 
They haven't paid their bill, zip, yet.
                                                       ::hysterical::

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »

Anything but the tried and true One Nation Under God culture.

An aside:  Read somewhere that Con Edison may foreclose on the Watzit Mosque in NY. 
They haven't paid their bill, zip, yet.
                                                       ::hysterical::

No, not foreclose; Con Ed owns the property the mosque is leasing.  Being behind on their $47K per month rent to the tune of $1.5M, Con Ed is working to get the lease rescinded, kicking them out of half the property they want to use for said mosque.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »
Somebody needs to be fired. ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »

Say kiddies, we are going to learn the Pledge of Allegiance to the USA and to sing the Star Spangled Banner
in Spanish,  Cool huh?

Spanish culture studies is down the hall.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »

Say kiddies, we are going to learn the Pledge of Allegiance to the USA and to sing the Star Spangled Banner
in Spanish,  Cool huh?

Spanish culture studies is down the hall.

Perhaps we should suggest those be done in Chinese and evaluate the responses.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
I have a migraine coming on and that just made it hurt more.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
We've lost control of the whole damned country.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 05:54:58 AM »
This little story is indicative of the underlying problem with Hispanic immigration in general. The white Europeans, the Asians, the Africans and those from the middle east understood, and for the most part desired, integration and assimilation into the uniquely American Culture. The Hispanics? Not so much. Read carefully the words of the Spanish teacher: She was from Mexico and loved her former country.

There is a word for a person who is just in it for the money without enjoying the transaction process. It's on the tip of my tongue . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 06:16:17 AM »
There is a word for a person who is just in it for the money without enjoying the transaction process. It's on the tip of my tongue . . .

Then again maybe she enjoys the transaction process, taking another country's money to foment discord in that foreign land so it can become more like her own beloved sh*thole, Mexico.  I'd call that a mercenary.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:52 AM »
Mercenary.  Hmmm, I think I may like that label...and it implies a state of war exists which may or may not be legitimate...the appropriate response to mercenaries in our midst?

Yeah, we're getting there!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.