Author Topic: Camping & Wilderness Survival  (Read 1405 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Camping & Wilderness Survival
« on: October 17, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »
So for those that may not have a good book on the subject may I recommend, 'Camping & Wilderness Survival' by Paul Tawrell (Wilderness Survival). When I bought mine the price was $35.00. It literally is an encyclopedia on camping and wilderness survival and covers all climate zones on the planet (it sports 1,060 pages of information with some 6,000 illustrations/diagrams/pictures so you can see how to do the stuff being described). It covers everything imaginable from how to make your own snowshoes and solar stills to making your own teepee and catching lizards with a stick and snare.  

Aside from being extremely interesting to read, it's one of my absolute essential items that I keep with all my survival/bug out gear.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Camping & Wilderness Survival
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »
I still have my trusty FM 21-76!

::thumbsup::

http://www.amazon.com/US-Army-Survival-Manual-21-76/dp/0967512395

Have a few other related books I keep handy but this one has always been the survival bible for me.

Looking for a good medical manual though, might be good to have something handy beyond emergence treatment techniques.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »

My favorite section is Food
                                      newts, frogs, and salamanders:
                                                                                   cooking and hunting

Bought one several years ago IIRC titled, Survival Evasion and Escape.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:31:48 AM »
Being up here in the great white north...I hope I never have to use it to build a snow den!

::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.