Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 36144 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »
So I am now current on The Walking Dead. I was so badly wanting to see The Governor dispatched in the slowest and most gruesome manner, but it looks like they're saving him for another time.

It's funny how you develop an in-group mentality even with fictional characters on a TV show, because in the premiere for Season 4 they show all these dozens of new people milling around and being all familiar with the established characters and I'm like "Excuse me, but who are you people?"  It was the same way with Lost.

LOL.  Damned if I don't know what you mean!  And then, to boot, they started killing them off before we got a chance to know them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Every violent show needs an Ensign Expendable.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty obvious those folks were wearing the red shirt when they beamed down.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
Herschel's getting a little Dale-like.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
It is tough for me to explain why, but, Herschel and Dale are two of my favorite characters. I would not want to be Rick, for sure.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »
Nobody is left alone unmolested...so I identify with nobody and just about everybody.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »
Herschel's getting a little Dale-like.

Yeah, when he got all preachy about Carl shooting that guy with the shotgun. I understand not wanting to destroy the humanity of a young kid by having him become an executioner, but I would say what he did there was at most a moral gray area. The fact is, that guy with the shotgun had just participated in an act of aggression against Carl and his people, an act of aggression in which he came prepared and determined to kill them. The tables turned and he stumbles upon Carl and Hershel. They order him to drop the gun and instead he keeps approaching them saying "I'm going to give it to you". No, that's not the act of someone compliant. If you're surrendering, you just drop it. I think I probably would have shot the guy too under those circumstances.

Don't see why Hershel had his panties all in a bunch over that. "War is hell" after all.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »
so.....is the governor somehow leading the hoard of undead?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »

They talked about that possibility in the Talking Dead show that comes on afterward. Was that the Governor's voice on the radio transmission? Herding the undead is certainly his MO from previous attacks.

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »

They talked about that possibility in the Talking Dead show that comes on afterward. Was that the Governor's voice on the radio transmission? Herding the undead is certainly his MO from previous attacks.

Wait a minute.  The undead have radios?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
LOL. The radio transmission might've just been him trying to lure people to a new Woodbury type deal, if it was even him on the transmission. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that massive horde they encountered had something to do with him. He was using those big wind chime things to attract them before, and the sort of research he had Milton doing makes you wonder if he has some sort of scientific aptitudes and has maybe learned how to mass manipulate the hordes.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
On another note, one of the things I've been wondering is why they don't use .22 firearms? They would be pretty ideal for the job I would think: lethal enough since you have to do a headshot anyway, easy to transport bulk quantities of ammo, fairly quiet report compared to larger calibers.

I do like how in Season 3 it showed them finally using improvised silencers on their pistols. And why is Michonne the only one using a sword? Something like a Japanese katana is a perfect up close weapon against the "geeks".

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »
It is tough for me to explain why, but, Herschel and Dale are two of my favorite characters. I would not want to be Rick, for sure.

I loved Dale at first, and after a while, he wore on me. His perpetual concern, and constantly reminding people to remember their humanity... It got to the point where (hyperbole) taking a dump had a moral downside with Dale.

I absolutely LOVE Herschel, but I'm sensing a change in the character that makes him seem more Dale-like. I hope I'm wrong. Heck, I hope he lives, now. Dummy threw himself right in there, didn't he?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

That freak Marilyn Manson was stoned, retarded, or both.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »

I loved Dale at first, and after a while, he wore on me. His perpetual concern, and constantly reminding people to remember their humanity... It got to the point where (hyperbole) taking a dump had a moral downside with Dale.

I absolutely LOVE Herschel, but I'm sensing a change in the character that makes him seem more Dale-like. I hope I'm wrong. Heck, I hope he lives, now. Dummy threw himself right in there, didn't he?

Me too.  Dale *did* get on the nerves -- you don't get to keep your humanity when you're dead there -- and I don't care much for Herschel's unnecessary self-sacrificial turn either, what with the group's only real doc already sick.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »
So...... if consensus is the governor is leading the walking dead...it must be true....Just like global warming.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »
LOL. The radio transmission might've just been him trying to lure people to a new Woodbury type deal, if it was even him on the transmission. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that massive horde they encountered had something to do with him. He was using those big wind chime things to attract them before, and the sort of research he had Milton doing makes you wonder if he has some sort of scientific aptitudes and has maybe learned how to mass manipulate the hordes.

If the Governor is controlling the Walkers, then I'm afraid...
 ::jumpshark::

(See John?  ::stirpot::)

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
I hated the pigs had to go......but since we don't know if the pigs caused the disease ( or visa versa), then so long piggy.

Just thinking out loud, but if noise attracts the walkers, then they need to find an ice cream truck....Those things are always obnoxiously loud.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
On one of their supply runs, they ought to try and bring back a backhoe or something that could be used to build some real fortifications. Maybe a trench line. The walkers would fall in and get stuck for easy dispatch, sort of the like the trap that The Governor used to catch them.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »
On one of their supply runs, they ought to try and bring back a backhoe or something that could be used to build some real fortifications. Maybe a trench line. The walkers would fall in and get stuck for easy dispatch, sort of the like the trap that The Governor used to catch them.

A trench with spikes......and gas. I love the storyline, but honestly, too many ways to keep the walkers away from camp.