Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 33817 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
Zombieland (at least IMHO, is in the "so dumb it's funny" category, leaning more towards dumb.

But the whole Bill Murray storyline as a standalone act of the movie is some of the best comedy I've ever seen. Definitely worth watching the movie just for that payoff.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »
I missed season 2 episodes so far... but found where you can watch them online:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-episode-201

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 06:41:19 AM »
Haven't seen Zombieland, will have to check that out.

I thought Shaun of the Dead was hilarious...especially the part where Simon Pegg's character gets up the morning of the zombie apocalypse and mindlessly goes about his routine, not noticing the undead...

::laughonfloor::

Thanks for the WD link Delnorin, I've caught most episodes but there some I've missed (not TiVo owner), will have to fill in the blanks as I can!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
Haven't seen Zombieland, will have to check that out....

I'm tellin' ya, if you like Bill Murray at his best, it's a must-see. It's kind of like an extended cameo, or a vignette within the film. Comedy gold. Hint: Bill Murray plays... Bill Murray.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
Haven't seen Zombieland, will have to check that out....

I'm tellin' ya, if you like Bill Murray at his best, it's a must-see. It's kind of like an extended cameo, or a vignette within the film. Comedy gold. Hint: Bill Murray plays... Bill Murray.

Zombieland is a hoot. You are correct, so stupid you gotts laugh. The Bill Murray piece is classic comedy. ::hysterical:: I won't spoil the punch line, you'll need to watch.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
Shane sucks.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »
Shane sucks.

He do.  He's a bad man.

Up until tonight I thought he was a tragic but sympathetic character. He crossed over into despicable.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
Shane sucks.

He do.  He's a bad man.

Up until tonight I thought he was a tragic but sympathetic character. He crossed over into despicable.

A demonstration of how the wrong path consistently chosen over the good defines one not merely of poor judgment, but evil.  He's chosen poorly already, but with bad effect to him (and others) of minor consequence.  This is a result of repeating the same template and upping the ante.  Eventually, so many wrong turns have been taken, there is no turning back.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
STOP!!!!! STOP!!!!!

I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE YET!!!!!!

STOP!!!!!!!

Don....... don't..... click....on....this..... thread......

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
Okay.  Sorry.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »
Okay.  Sorry.

It's too late...... ::hysterical::

I can't stop myself from peering into the thread.....But this is it, no more looking for me.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »
Halloween News Alert from the Publisher: We're hearing unconfirmed reports that Obama's Occupy Zombies are now occupying pumpkins. Beware!

ZOMBIES!  THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
Heh.  They should splatter even easier now!

::rockets::

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
Did anyone else sit up a bit straighter and consider pissing on their television this past episode when the hillbilly's 'illusionary brother' was berating him while he was laying in the stream-bed and near unconciousness?

The brother went on a rant about how pathetic his little hillbilly brother was.  Did anyone else get pissed about what he said?

Two of the list of things he said stuck in my mind and got me riled.

(Summary... Italic words were the two I'm very sure about: "You going to lay there and take it?  Why are you taking orders from an old man, women, niggers and democrats?"

Oh.. thank you so much for doing the expected Hollywood thing by trying to make Republicans not only look sexist, but also racist.

Fine.. play that.  But let me write the script for a couple characters and we'll see how things look after that.
Let me call out how it's been the Democrat party that has kept the brown skin people in our history in slavery (litterally and now slave to government handouts).  Just let me get started and we'll see who the real racists are.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
Did anyone else sit up a bit straighter and consider pissing on their television this past episode when the hillbilly's 'illusionary brother' was berating him while he was laying in the stream-bed and near unconciousness?

The brother went on a rant about how pathetic his little hillbilly brother was.  Did anyone else get pissed about what he said?

Two of the list of things he said stuck in my mind and got me riled.

(Summary... Italic words were the two I'm very sure about: "You going to lay there and take it?  Why are you taking orders from an old man, women, niggers and democrats?"

Oh.. thank you so much for doing the expected Hollywood thing by trying to make Republicans not only look sexist, but also racist.

Fine.. play that.  But let me write the script for a couple characters and we'll see how things look after that.
Let me call out how it's been the Democrat party that has kept the brown skin people in our history in slavery (litterally and now slave to government handouts).  Just let me get started and we'll see who the real racists are.

Yeah, I noticed that too. One of those typical Hollywood moments where they take the mask off and decide it's worth it to piss-off 1/2 their audience in order to make a statement in support of Leftism. They are also gearing up to make Hershel a Christian nutbag - so zealous in his Christianity that he puts zombies in the barn instead of killing them, and talking to the "hero" Rick about God, and being thoroughly rebuffed for doing so.

Viewers have to decide whether to let it slide, or let 'em swing. I've been teetering on putting that show to bed anyway - but the episode last night was much better than any others this season, so Idunno.

I'll bet that whiny-ass Dale is a Democrat. I've been itching for him to git 'et for a few episodes now.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Here's AMC's email address, just in case you'd like to sound off about them ruining television's first attempt at the zombie genre.

amccustomerservice@rainbow-media.com

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
Here's AMC's email address, just in case you'd like to sound off about them ruining television's first attempt at the zombie genre.

amccustomerservice@rainbow-media.com

Rainbow-Media

Seriously?

Why waste my time.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
I didn't appreciate they took away Andrea's gun, but now I believe that may have been the right thing.  That girl is too damn trigger-happy.

And, yes, Gunsmith and I looked at each other at the rant of the "hallucinatory brother".  "Yup, inevitable; just can't help themselves."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2011, 01:09:08 PM »
The longer into the episode, the more pissed off. I'm bad about watching for this type of thing anyway, and after the first season, I thought maybe i'd be spared. The whole brother encounter and "the statement" made me rise from my chair. I'd given a pass to the God talk/ belief at first, until the old guy was being portraited as an isolationist and control freak....like he led a cult or protecting his flock.....The last scene, barnfull of zombies, justified my fears.....

So the new writing crew has placed thier mark on the show.