Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 33953 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
In the end, the zombies at Hollyweird can screw up a sunny day...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2011, 03:57:43 PM »

...So the new writing crew has placed thier mark on the show.

I made sure in my email to mention that whatever viewership this show sheds because of their inability to keep ideology out of the show will be squarely on the writers' shoulders.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, 02:45:46 AM »
Events coming to a climax now, folks.

Shane?  Rabid dog?

What say y'all?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, 06:46:31 AM »
Events coming to a climax now, folks.

Shane?  Rabid dog?

What say y'all?

I'd say that any inklings I was having about the show moving too slowly or losing its way were at least put to rest for now, based on the last three episodes. Very good recovery after a slow start. Shane is evil, but he was right. Like so much of entertainment these days, they blur the lines between good and evil.

Show's over now til February when they roll out new episodes. Helluva climax last night.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
New episode 2/12.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »
New episode 2/12.

You happen to catch new Hoarders the other night? One of the best ever. The mental illness on display when people cannot bring themselves to let go of literal garbage is amazing. I never, ever knew such a mental condition existed, but it is very real, and apparently 3 million people suffer from it. It seems a bit morbid to find it entertaining, but I find it fascinating.

I'll know I hit the entertainment holy grail when someone freaks out because they refuse to let the helpers remove the poop, adult diapers, jars of urine, and maggots from the home.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 07:49:18 AM »
New episode 2/12.

You happen to catch new Hoarders the other night? One of the best ever. The mental illness on display when people cannot bring themselves to let go of literal garbage is amazing. I never, ever knew such a mental condition existed, but it is very real, and apparently 3 million people suffer from it. It seems a bit morbid to find it entertaining, but I find it fascinating.

I'll know I hit the entertainment holy grail when someone freaks out because they refuse to let the helpers remove the poop, adult diapers, jars of urine, and maggots from the home.

I rarely get to see the show "new"; I catch the reruns.  If seeing what these peoples' houses turn into isn't incentive to purge one's own house, I don't know what it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »
I know it! I think about my own pockets of clutter in my own home, or the things that have been sitting in the same place for 10 years because someday I could fix them up and use them, and I think... Hmmmmmm....

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
Hahah.  I think "AIEEEEE!"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
Start of new series THIS SUNDAY EVENING. 

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
 ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
Should have a zombie smiley getting popped!

;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

(Spoiler below, highlight)

DALE IS DEAD!!!

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
Anybody catch season 3 premier last night? Pretty awesome. The zombies were plentiful, as was the gore. Good review with mild spoilers HERE...

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »
Saw it and enjoyed it.  Except the part where Herschel is a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
Nothing like beginning the new season with smiling faces, shooting zombies like it was an arcade game. Ironically, I could see this coming true.

I do believe it a bit of a reach, as they were luring zombies to the fence and crushing thier heads, to storm the compound. The thru the fence head crunching seemed to be effective.

The wife believes the babies DNA will be the cure for the disease, since they are infected. I think it too predictable.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
...The thru the fence head crunching seemed to be effective...

That was my favorite part as far as the zombie-slaying goes. Watching Glen systematically thrust a pipe into the skulls of zombie after zombie through the chain-link fence was quite satisfying.

The scenes inside the dark prison corridors were off the top-end of the creep-o-meter.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
Nothing like beginning the new season with smiling faces, shooting zombies like it was an arcade game. Ironically, I could see this coming true.

I do believe it a bit of a reach, as they were luring zombies to the fence and crushing thier heads, to storm the compound. The thru the fence head crunching seemed to be effective.

The wife believes the babies DNA will be the cure for the disease, since they are infected. I think it too predictable.

I have an opposite fear for the baby, I'll leave it at that.

The Sumarai chick has a good idea, nothing like the reach of a long blade, but she's gotta learn to kill dem heads!  
 ::)

And what's with the armless zombies on chains?  Bait?  Toys?   ::whatgives::  

Who wants that crap around?   ::)

Dale seemed a bit of a doo-gooder guy lost in Shaneworld, Shane, well, he wrote his own ticket.

Seems young Karl got a thing for the younger farm girl, gonna have to have the talk with him soon.  
 ;D

The demise of young Sophie took forever to resolve but the end of the barn collection was well overdue.  And who coulda foreseen her mom being such a good shot all of a sudden?  Where's that skill been hiding at?

ETA - Valuable real life lesson that kept coming back to me throughout the series - gotta get quieter shooting guns, McGyver'd silencers, cut down on the attractant sound when dispatching the undead ya know?!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 05:42:45 PM »
And what's with the armless zombies on chains?

Packmules.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »
The collared armless/jawless zombies trained to respond to a jerk on the chain is just dark as hell.

- Thomas Jefferson