Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 33844 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »
There is character development in season 2. For the most part,season 1 was just killin zombies. As a cynic, I look for the sublime message but I really don't believe there is one regarding who carries a gun.

The old guy loves the girl and doesn't want her to off herself.....It was set up well within the storyline. My theory is they will both off themselves just before they are eaten.

BTW, Pan, there was a sex scene in season one.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
"BTW, Pan, there was a sex scene in season one."

I hope no zombies were involved!

::speechless::

::puke::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't seen any of season 1 so I knew I came in without the benefit of the plot buildup. I may have to go find a season 1 DVD...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
There is character development in season 2. For the most part,season 1 was just killin zombies. As a cynic, I look for the sublime message but I really don't believe there is one regarding who carries a gun.

The old guy loves the girl and doesn't want her to off herself.....It was set up well within the storyline. My theory is they will both off themselves just before they are eaten.

Okay.  And that's how much impression it made -- I didn't even recall it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't seen any of season 1 so I knew I came in without the benefit of the plot buildup. I may have to go find a season 1 DVD...

Definitely, if you're going to bother watching season 2, do a season 1 marathon and get up to speed. Just my .02¢.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »

It was an "in the dirt" quickie between Shane and what's her face, while they still thought Rick was dead.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure that nowadays the preferred term is Ambulatory Deceased.

::rimshot::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »

It was an "in the dirt" quickie between Shane and what's her face, while they still thought Rick was dead.

Ahhhh ..... a glimmer of recall now comes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure that nowadays the preferred term is Ambulatory Deceased.

::rimshot::

Right.  Don't want to offend the Zombies.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »
Definitely, if you're going to bother watching season 2, do a season 1 marathon and get up to speed. Just my .02¢.

Three weeks ago I spent 4-5 days and on NetFlix I watched the entire Season 1.  I have seen nothing of Season 2 yet (though this morning I set up the DVR to record a couple shows on AMC this coming Sunday).

I quite enjoyed Season 1.  And being in the marathon type of viewing it was addictive and very enjoyable.  Sort of like Lost.  While in Baghdad, Iraq I watched Lost Seasons 1-5 (about 6 shows per day).  I did the same with Alias, Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek .... etc etc.  There were like 12 TV series I watched like that.. something to help keep the sanity while over there.

Anyway; I loved the show.  There were times when I was frustrated with things because I'd rather have seen the story or the character do something different.. but hey... if I want it different... I can write my own book and have it picked up and turned into a movie.  ::praying::

Wandering-Conversation-Translation-Summary: I thought Season 1 was good.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
Wandering-Conversation-Translation-Summary

I can relate!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
There are a different set of writers for season 2. Can't remember why, but I remember reading about it.

Anyone take in the b (maybe c) grade zombie movies playing on AMC until halloween? Pretty bad. I'm ashamed to say I've watched them..... ::hysterical::

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
Here we go.  Government looking for more people to become zombies.
 www.theblaze.com/stories/ohio-town-solicits-zombie-volunteers-to-test-emergency-preparedness-plan/

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »
They want real zombies?

Get a list of registered democrats!

::)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »
Just go to Wall St.or Oakland or any occupy location there should be plenty. ::puke::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
What I don't quite understand is ...  zombies that run.  wtf?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »
What I don't quite understand is ...  zombies that run.  wtf?

I kinda like the modification of the zombies on TWD. They amble around aimlessly, just like they're supposed to. But they can move more quickly when aroused to feed. They don't really run, and they certainly don't sprint. They just pick it up a few notches and sorta speed-walk.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
It's the Zombie Supah-Shuffle.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »
Even the "Supah-Shuffle" is slow enough to not require a whole lot of lateral target leading...I want to see tight groups when people pull triggers!

;)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »
If you want to see zombies run, rent the movie Zombieland. ::hysterical::