Author Topic: Neal Boortz retiring ...  (Read 1170 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Neal Boortz retiring ...
« on: June 04, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
... being replaced by Herman Cain.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2012/06/04/neal-boortz-gives-his-six-month-notice/

Heard on Hannity; H/T Drudge for article
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Neal Boortz retiring ...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »
Wonder if he's retiring....abroad?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
Wonder if he's retiring....abroad?

Not what he's said, according to Hannity and Cain; he wants to travel -- got his RV and a hookup on it for his motorcycle.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »

Heard him speak about a familial dementia thing once, maybe
it's catching up with him.  Hope not. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:58 AM »
Hmmm....

Wish Neal well, hope Herman can run with this and do some good.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
I've listened to Boortz on occasion and found him funny and informative.

But on more than a handful of occasions, I've wondered whether he does any show-prep or even cursory research about his show subjects, and I've wondered at the depth of his knowledge, or how seriously he takes his role as a voice for conservatism. There are times I've listened to him when he has put forth absolute falsehoods adamantly as fact; things that demonstrably are simply not true at first glance. Basic things, like what the constitution says and does not say.

One example: He insisted that the ONLY thing the constitution says about religion is that the government cannot erect a national church. Over and over again he misquoted the establishment clause with a clumsy paraphrase, and caller after caller called in to try to engage him on the free exercise clause and he interrupted them and boorishly reasserted his asinine claim. That's just the one example at the top of my mind.

I wish him well.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
I was under the impression that he preferred the label of libertarian rather than conservative. I was also under the impression that he wasn't a pro-religion person. Not sure if that means agnostic or atheist but that was my impression.

I didn't listen to him very frequently and not recently...probably not for several years. The last time that I heard him he was pushing the Fair Tax very heavily during some election year. Bit of a lost cause at that point...now, maybe not so much.

At any rate, I too wish him well.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.