Author Topic: Is anti-semitism going main stream?  (Read 6293 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Is anti-semitism going main stream?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »

Tangentially, Newt just winked at Major Garrrettt

NO!  NO! WINKING!  It's .. it's ... it's Palinesque!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »
I've never known an anti-Semitic conservative (I'm not saying they don't exist - I've just never met one) but I know lots of anti-Semitic lefties. The bass player in the last band I was in was anti-Semitic. But then he was also a neo-nazi and bipolar (little facts I didn't discover until I was in the band. He didn't last long after I joined up because I made him nervous (of course he also went off his mads and went crazy).

I don't need to understand them (anti-Semites), just recognize them and deal with them (why did the lyrics to "Rawhide" suddenly come into my head?!)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
(why did the lyrics to "Rawhide" suddenly come into my head?!)

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rawhide!

Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin'
Rawhide!
Rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side.
All the things I'm missin',
Good vittles, love, and kissin',
Are waiting at the end of my ride

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin'
Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My hearts calculatin'
My true love will be waitin',
Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

Rawhide!
Rawhide!

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/rawhidelyrics.html

::hysterical::

::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/controversial-anti-semitic-vodka-billboard-taken-down-nyc-154304409.html

A billboard for Wodka vodka in NYC has been taken down and destroyed after complaints that the advertisement's message is anti-Semitic. The New York Times reported that the billboard featured a long-haired dog wearing a yarmulke and another dog wearing a Santa hat with the words, "Christmas quality, Hanukkah pricing," alongside the photo.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »
Wodka was quick to formally apologize as well, offering this explanation via its Twitter account:

"Although rarely serious, we apologize to anyone we may have offended through our holiday campaign and are removing our billboard immediately."

However, Gawker dug deeper into Wodka's Twitter account, quickly finding more questionable images:

• n the company Twitter you can find a picture of the "Jewish" dog posing with Jonathan Cheban in a different ad. There's also this sheep wearing a sombrero standing near a Wodka bottle, and a "black Russian"—a black man wearing one of those fuzzy Russian hats.
I don't see that the original ad was anti-Semitic, nor do I find any of the other images "questionable".  Yes, anti-Semitism is alive and well, but not in this instance, in my opinion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »
Wodka was quick to formally apologize as well, offering this explanation via its Twitter account:

"Although rarely serious, we apologize to anyone we may have offended through our holiday campaign and are removing our billboard immediately."

However, Gawker dug deeper into Wodka's Twitter account, quickly finding more questionable images:

• n the company Twitter you can find a picture of the "Jewish" dog posing with Jonathan Cheban in a different ad. There's also this sheep wearing a sombrero standing near a Wodka bottle, and a "black Russian"—a black man wearing one of those fuzzy Russian hats.
I don't see that the original ad was anti-Semitic, nor do I find any of the other images "questionable".  Yes, anti-Semitism is alive and well, but not in this instance, in my opinion.

Herman Cain is correct about one thing,
PC correctness has caused America to lose its sense of humor.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

Herman Cain is correct about one thing,
PC correctness has caused America to lose its sense of humor.

Only the PC crowd has lost the humor.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 10:58:43 AM »
LINK

Last year, the Israel Parade granted the New Israel Fund permission to march. They did, along with B’Tselem, Partners for Progressive Israel, and others.

The website for Partners for Progressive Israel (also known as Meretz USA) suggests readers “boycott … settlement products sold in the U.S.” They include a list of Israeli products to boycott, including Ahava cosmetics, SodaStream products, and wine from nine Israeli vineyards.

The Jewish Community Relations Council, which organizes the parade, wants these groups to march again. Pro-Israel activist Richard Allen is spearheading a campaign to evict New Israel Fund and its affiliates from this year’s parade. Says Allen:

Who’s going to march next year? Hamas?

…

The bottom line is that groups that promote boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Israel should not be allowed to march with the pro-Israel community. Jews who try to economically sabotage other Jews should not be in the parade.

When Jewish groups hear that the parade’s organizers have allowed these groups to march, they’re astounded and puzzled. How could this outrage be allowed to happen?

Is antisemitism going mainstream here in the US? Of course it is and it has been the case for a very long time.  Still, I don't find that truism to be nearly as disconcerting as the fact that the Jewish community in the US seems completely ambivalent to it. It's extremely sad when I, as a gentile, am doing much more to protect the Jewish community in the US than the vast majority of those same members of the Jewish community.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
LINK

Last year, the Israel Parade granted the New Israel Fund permission to march. They did, along with B’Tselem, Partners for Progressive Israel, and others.

The website for Partners for Progressive Israel (also known as Meretz USA) suggests readers “boycott … settlement products sold in the U.S.” They include a list of Israeli products to boycott, including Ahava cosmetics, SodaStream products, and wine from nine Israeli vineyards.

The Jewish Community Relations Council, which organizes the parade, wants these groups to march again. Pro-Israel activist Richard Allen is spearheading a campaign to evict New Israel Fund and its affiliates from this year’s parade. Says Allen:

Who’s going to march next year? Hamas?

…

The bottom line is that groups that promote boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Israel should not be allowed to march with the pro-Israel community. Jews who try to economically sabotage other Jews should not be in the parade.

When Jewish groups hear that the parade’s organizers have allowed these groups to march, they’re astounded and puzzled. How could this outrage be allowed to happen?

Is antisemitism going mainstream here in the US? Of course it is and it has been the case for a very long time.  Still, I don't find that truism to be nearly as disconcerting as the fact that the Jewish community in the US seems completely ambivalent to it. It's extremely sad when I, as a gentile, am doing much more to protect the Jewish community in the US than the vast majority of those same members of the Jewish community.

Anti-Semitism in the US isn't nearly the problem that it is in Europe and elsewhere.  And the US "Jewish community" isn't ambivalent to it, but it is often difficult for people to realize how fragmented that "community" is~which tends to lend the appearance of inaction.  The old joke is that if you ask one Jew for an opinion, you'll get one answer, ask two Jews, and you'll get at least three.  In that fashion, the Jewish community is very like the "conservative" community in being made up of individualists.  So there may be plenty of activity going on that isn't outwardly visible.

Anti-Semitism in Europe is rapidly approaching conditions similar to the period between the Great War and WWII.  It is a major concern.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
LINK

Steve Rothman is a Democrat who was first elected to Congress from New Jersey’s Ninth District in 1996. He is also Jewish. He currently faces a tough reelection challenge from Bill Pascrell, a Roman Catholic who entered Congress at the same time as Rothman and now, because of redistricting, finds himself in Rothman’s district. In the district also is a sizeable contingent of Arabs and Muslims, who have injected an unprecedented level of Jew-baiting into the campaign. Said Ben Chouake, president of NORPAC, a pro-Israel political action committee: “One side says, ‘We want this Jew out of office’ and, frankly, it’s pretty unsettling. They emphasized,” he noted, that Rothman is “a Jewish congressman.”

The Washington Free Beacon published an image of an Arabic-language poster (reproduced at left) claiming that the Rothman/Pascrell race was “the most important election in the history of the [Arab] community” and exhorting the “Arab diaspora community” to vote for Pascrell as “the friend of the Arabs.” In February, Aref Assaf, the president of the American Arab Forum, wrote an op-ed in the New Jersey Star-Ledger titled “Rothman is Israel’s man in District 9.” Assaf asserted that “as total and blind support for Israel becomes the only reason for choosing Rothman, voters who do not view the elections in this prism will need to take notice. Loyalty to a foreign flag is not loyalty to America’s.”

Assaf hoped that Muslim voters in New Jersey’s Ninth District would defeat Rothman: “We will soon find out if Muslim religious leaders will reach out to their respective congregations.” He titled another column last week “Congressman Pascrell is best for New Jersey,” but he sounded as if it were more important to him, and to the district’s Arab and Muslim voters, that Rothman has been identified as a “pro-Israel stalwart.” Assaf even asserted that “various media outlets have framed the race as a litmus test for the survival of Israel,” and observed happily that “Arab and Muslim grassroots meetings are forming all over District 9, strategizing for a massive voter turnout, with voter registration drives outside mosques and along Main Street, fundraising, and a targeted mobilization of volunteers. … The candidates’ position on Palestine appears paramount, and for many, it has already informed their expected vote.”
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
Out.  OUT.  They need to go.  Attrition or otherwise.

CanNOT have this.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »
Here in America you are supposed to vote for the best person to do the job. You are not supposed to vote for some guy because he is not a Jew. If the Jew is the best person for the job, then you vote for him/her! This is what happens when you encourage immigrants (legal or otherwise) to put their culture first instead of integrating into the adopted culture of the country in which you have immigrated! The whole PC culture has completely rotted the UK from within and this is exactly how that has happened...and it is most certainly happening here now.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »

::bigpuke::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
LINK

A stalwart Democratic defender of Israel lost his congressional primary bid Tuesday against a fellow Democratic lawmaker whose Arab supporters leveled charges of dual loyalty.

Well, there you have it folks. The 'Arab community' targeted a Jewish lawmaker right here in the good ol' USA and replaced him with someone more 'palatable' to them based mainly on his religion.

... !?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
Oh, and primary loyalty to statists, Isslam and the UN is all-American?!

These people enrage me!   ::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::viking::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »

Separation of ideologies the only peaceful way.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:57 AM »

Separation of ideologies the only peaceful way.

Peaceful or otherwise, gotta get it done!