Author Topic: Give Pizza a Chance....  (Read 1562 times)

Offline michelleo

Give Pizza a Chance....
« on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
...That's going on my bumper sticker.  Cain/Palin '12

The more that gets vetted about this guy, the more I like him.

via Hotair

Herman Cain Imagine There's No Pizza

charlesoakwood

Re: Give Pizza a Chance....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »

Wooo, today's going to be a good day.  It's been a long time since we've had a preacher in the White House.
::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
Presser room could see a lot of entertainment...all at the expense of MFM media types!

::danceban::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »

michelleo, it's been a while, good to see you.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
You know, every single nominee ever has had statements, policy positions, and records to overcome on their way to the nomination. None have done so without bumps and bruises. Herman Cain is receiving bumps and bruises, and will receive more. But could it be that voters will see something beyond the details of a campaign, and see a man that they like and trust to lead?

I have great reservations about placing trust in politicians, or even people in general, if I don't know them. I have reservations about some of Herman Cain's positions on the issues. But I'm coming to trust that he is who he appears to be, means what he says, and is just an all around good guy who might do a bang-up job leading this country.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
That was some funny stuff right there!  ::rolllaughing::

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm sure looking forward to voting for Mr. Cain.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline michelleo

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

michelleo, it's been a while, good to see you.

I know, sorry about that.  I've been more than too busy.  Homeschooling 2 kids at once is exponentially harder than just the one. Plus Weisshaupt and I have been busting our a$$es on TEOTWAWKI prep.  You can see a glimpse into that by going to Little Varykino if you want.   We're almost over the biggest hurdles, though.  We're building a solar array and a large greenhouse.  We really wish we had enough money to hire people to do the heavy-duty work for us, but alas, the supplies alone are wiping us out.  

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
Great work, Michelle and Weisshaupt!  I've been sitting here gassing and you've been busting your butts with impressive results.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

Absolutely beautiful.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
First of all....impressive. I'm always jealous of those who can accomplish such tasks. Congrats.

I'm trusting Cain more and more as a leader. First, I'm in line politically with a majority of his beliefs. Second, if we can get majorities in the house and senate and because I believe he will bring his business attributes to the White House, he will drag some of the rinos along in re routing the direction of America.

Business people make hard decisions......Politicans make decisions hard.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
Wow, you and Weisshaupt have been busy.  Curious to see you grow tobacco.  A coworker of mine grew up in a farm in Southwest Wisconsin that grew tobacco, not sure what variety, but I know he had to help harvest it and cure it, flip the bundles periodically and then load onto trucks bound for processing for cigarette and pipe tobacco use.

One of the things I will miss if the SHTF is my cigars when my stash runs out!   :'(

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »

Sounds like a commodity to me.

Some people smoked catalpa beans. 
They look like little cigars.

Offline michelleo

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »
Admittedly, since writing that post, I've started to partake in an occasional smoke again.  The Nat Sherman clove flavored cigarettes I used to enjoy are no longer made because of the G*d-D*m gubmint.  But I found another brand, Djarum, that makes a similar version.  They just call them "filtered cigars."  Kids are in bed.  It's about time I go partake right now!  Smoke em if you got em!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
Admittedly, since writing that post, I've started to partake in an occasional smoke again.  The Nat Sherman clove flavored cigarettes I used to enjoy are no longer made because of the G*d-D*m gubmint.  But I found another brand, Djarum, that makes a similar version.  They just call them "filtered cigars."  Kids are in bed.  It's about time I go partake right now!  Smoke em if you got em!!

I would so enjoy the opportunity to smoke home-raised tobacco, dried and cured however it's done, and rolled into a paper.  I'm willing to bet a puff or two is all that would be needed to satisfy and it wouldn't STINK from the chemicals the way commercially-produced ones do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:46 AM »

Sounds like a commodity to me.

Some people smoked catalpa beans. 
They look like little cigars.

Huh.  Wonder what they taste like?

::saywhat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 06:45:16 AM »

Clove flavored and other different cigarettes I used to run into all the time overseas when I was sailing the seven seas, especially in Asia.  Never got a hankering for them though, was hitting menthols back then...but I never lost my taste for fine cigars.