Author Topic: If this is accurate, Central Asia is embracing independence Ukraine was denied  (Read 144 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If this is accurate, Central Asia is embracing independence Ukraine was denied...and how ironic it got a jump-start by the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Via EurasiaNet.org,

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has reanimated US and EU interest in Central Asia.

China has eclipsed Russia as the region's largest trade partner.

Central Asian trade is diversifying away from Russia and towards the West.

The Great Game is playing out once again in Central Asia, but it is getting a new name and adopting a different set of rules. Economics, not politics, is defining the terms of the current superpower competition for regional influence, according to a report prepared by a Kazakh research institute.
There is a key difference governing the global rivalries in Central Asia in the 19th and 21st centuries: these days, regional states, not outsiders, wield the more influence over potential outcomes, according to the report, titled Pursuing Multi-Vectorism Through Business Diplomacy: The Path for Central Asia. The report was published by the Talap Center for Applied Research.

“The region, previously the theater of the Great Game in the confrontation of superpowers, is now trying to become an opportunity zone,” the report states.

Russia’s unprovoked attack on Ukraine in 2022, and the imposition of Western sanctions to punish Russian aggression, changed Central Asia’s geopolitical dynamics by reanimating US and European Union interest in the region. By extension, Russia’s actions encouraged the diversification of trade and investment, changing East-West trade patterns connecting China and Europe. Sanctions have diminished the utility of the Northern Corridor via the trans-Siberian railway, while providing impetus for the growth of the Middle Corridor via Central Asia.

These changes have shifted Central Asia’s center of geo-economic gravity. China has eclipsed Russia as the region’s largest trade partner, while the overall trend is toward diversification of trade partners. The West’s share of Central Asian trade under the present dynamic is set to keep rising.

“The trade and investment dynamics in the region show a significant shift of diversification with non-traditional markets of Europe, North America, South Asia, and the Middle East since 2022,” the Talap report notes.

“This has become possible due to a traditional, multi-vector policy for the region, which, under the stress of escalating conflicts, was transformed into a policy of emphatic non-alignment – a firm rejection of any involvement in the conflict.”

The report notes that the contacts between the European Union and Central Asian states have “have gained a special dynamism” since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war.

It also notes that public opinion in the region indicates that a majority of regional residents do not want to get dragged into the confrontation between the West and Russia, which is supported by China.

The prevailing circumstances have forced Central Asian states to “balance a genuine interest in developing their ties with the Western world while being surrounded by Iran, Afghanistan, China, and Russia, countries with which the West has strained and even tense relations,” the report says.

Maximizing economic multi-vectorism will require some work by Central Asian governments to enhance the predictability of the regional business climate. Vaguely defined trade rules and property rights, along with the unreliability of regional judicial systems, remain big impediments to Western investment. The lack of mechanisms to enforce contracts or resolve corporate disputes also constitutes an investment barrier. In addition to bolstering the independence of the judicial system, the Talap report recommends reforms to regional tax codes to foster more “equitable” business environments.

“The investment climate in Central Asia reflects a difficult balance between the determination of governments to take advantage of growing interest in the region and the inertia of institutional barriers,” the report states.

“To take advantage of these opportunities, the countries of the region have to address existing institutional and regulatory barriers for both domestic and international companies and investors, strengthen the rule of law, enforce fair and open competition, implement business friendly tax regulations, and align trade, customs and logistical standards.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/great-game-returns-central-asia

I wish them well.  Hopefully they can hang onto it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
If this is accurate, Central Asia is embracing independence Ukraine was denied...and how ironic it got a jump-start by the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Via EurasiaNet.org,

I do not think it has anything to do with Ukraine.
China is becoming the leading trading partner almost everywhere.
I get the "stans" confused.
Decades ago USNWR did a few long stories that shocked me. The USSR benefited many of the central asia countries.
At the time I thought it was similar to what the Romans did. Electricity, running water, and reading and writing are good things.
Teaching females to read and write did not go over well.
I got the impression that Russians subsidized central asian development.

One of the stans grew cotton. I read that the USSR held referendums on whether the USSR should remain intact
The results said "yes" but the results were ignored by the leaders. When USSR fell apart here was lots of looting.
Maybe it was easier with no USSR around.
Some places went to hell with no USSR to keep groups from killing each other. Tajikistan?

Speak of the devil. This just came on my YT feed. 90 pct of Tajiks voted to stay in USSR, Ignored. Then civil war.
Mr Bald is on the move again.

https://youtu.be/fBBiFhhY2to
This Country Tried To Ban Me! Find Out Why
465,775 views  Apr 27, 2024  TAJIKISTAN
🇹🇯 Five times I applied for a Tajikistan visa and five times I was rejected without reason. Then someone told me they knew a way to 'cheat' the system and so despite the government seemingly not wanting me I managed to get in. Join me in our 13th former-Soviet republic as we see what exactly it was the Tajik government were trying to stop me from seeing...
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Via EurasiaNet.org,

I do not think it has anything to do with Ukraine.
China is becoming the leading trading partner almost everywhere.
I get the "stans" confused.
Decades ago USNWR did a few long stories that shocked me. The USSR benefited many of the central asia countries.
At the time I thought it was similar to what the Romans did. Electricity, running water, and reading and writing are good things.
Teaching females to read and write did not go over well.
I got the impression that Russians subsidized central asian development.

One of the stans grew cotton. I read that the USSR held referendums on whether the USSR should remain intact
The results said "yes" but the results were ignored by the leaders. When USSR fell apart here was lots of looting.
Maybe it was easier with no USSR around.
Some places went to hell with no USSR to keep groups from killing each other. Tajikistan?

Speak of the devil. This just came on my YT feed. 90 pct of Tajiks voted to stay in USSR, Ignored. Then civil war.
Mr Bald is on the move again.

https://youtu.be/fBBiFhhY2to
This Country Tried To Ban Me! Find Out Why
465,775 views  Apr 27, 2024  TAJIKISTAN
🇹🇯 Five times I applied for a Tajikistan visa and five times I was rejected without reason. Then someone told me they knew a way to 'cheat' the system and so despite the government seemingly not wanting me I managed to get in. Join me in our 13th former-Soviet republic as we see what exactly it was the Tajik government were trying to stop me from seeing...

US Snooze is a charter member of the DeceptiCons...so, like commies in the MFM much of what they say has to be taken with immense grains of salt...

Also, I mentioned Ukraine only in that these Stans got better treatment than Ukraine did...I guess it is a matter of location, location and location...

Oh, BTW, do you see the masses deportations of Stans Muslims from Russia?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:57:28 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

US Snooze is a charter member of the DeceptiCons...so, like commies in the MFM much of what they say has to be taken with immense grains of salt...

Also, I mentioned Ukraine only in that these Stans got better treatment than Ukraine did...I guess it is a matter of location, location and location...

How did the stans get better treatment than Ukraine? What time period?

The stans varied but got hydro power, electricity, education. WWII was not kind to Ukraine. USSR massively industrialized the Donbass.

I think that Russia assumed all the debts of the USSR. Ukraine was projected to be the best of the SSRs after the USSR fell.
Corruption was worse than even Russia then the Us 2014 coup. The hard core NAZI factions had outsized influence.

USNWR would have been maybe around early 70s. They were good back then. They almost did not cover current events weekly but more things of monthly or quarterly interest.

In the Bald video above the local confirmed what I  thought. When the civil war hit Tajikistan the Russians left taking tech skills with them. Then the jihadis killed people and looted the factories. Not sure who backed the civil war factions. Russians took off.

What I learned is that if you are from a Muslim region of Russian federation you have the rights as Russians. Some regions like Chechnya have more real autonomy.  There are no regional passports just the Russian federation. If you are from a foreign country say in central asia or US then you have a foreign passport and maybe a visa that lapses after a time and may or may not allow for work.

So the people being deported likely overstayed their visa or worked when they should not have. Even Russians inside Russia need a passport to board a train.

I learned that a small zealous group can have outsized influence. Only 13 pct of US wanted to separate from great Britain?  The Bolsheviks were a minority? The Ukr NAZI elements took over the diaspora organizations and had outsized influence helped with US money.

I think that when  the USSR fell it was rare to hear Ukrainian spoken in Kiev, the capital. Mostly Russian. Maybe 25 years later it became illegal to use Russian in govt or business or education.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

How did the stans get better treatment than Ukraine? What time period?

The stans varied but got hydro power, electricity, education. WWII was not kind to Ukraine. USSR massively industrialized the Donbass.

I think that Russia assumed all the debts of the USSR. Ukraine was projected to be the best of the SSRs after the USSR fell.
Corruption was worse than even Russia then the Us 2014 coup. The hard core NAZI factions had outsized influence.

USNWR would have been maybe around early 70s. They were good back then. They almost did not cover current events weekly but more things of monthly or quarterly interest.

In the Bald video above the local confirmed what I  thought. When the civil war hit Tajikistan the Russians left taking tech skills with them. Then the jihadis killed people and looted the factories. Not sure who backed the civil war factions. Russians took off.

What I learned is that if you are from a Muslim region of Russian federation you have the rights as Russians. Some regions like Chechnya have more real autonomy.  There are no regional passports just the Russian federation. If you are from a foreign country say in central asia or US then you have a foreign passport and maybe a visa that lapses after a time and may or may not allow for work.

So the people being deported likely overstayed their visa or worked when they should not have. Even Russians inside Russia need a passport to board a train.

I learned that a small zealous group can have outsized influence. Only 13 pct of US wanted to separate from great Britain?  The Bolsheviks were a minority? The Ukr NAZI elements took over the diaspora organizations and had outsized influence helped with US money.

I think that when  the USSR fell it was rare to hear Ukrainian spoken in Kiev, the capital. Mostly Russian. Maybe 25 years later it became illegal to use Russian in govt or business or education.

Dude, Russia didn't invade the Stans post-USSR...or threaten to if they did something they didn't like...   ::pokeineye::

And now Russian rights as citizens has met real ethnic Russians deporting Muslims back to the Stans...   ::hysterical::

And I read USN&WR back in the day...they slowly morphed DeciptiCon in late 70's and by 1990 was full-on DecptiCon...we didn't call it that back then, but the leftist incrementalism was there, kept alive by the likes of Kissinger et al...and re-sprouted under the idiot GHW Bush who straight up betrayed the Reagan Revolution...

And give up the language stuff already...conquered people throughout the New World speak the conquerors' language...pushing it as emblematic of natural subservience to continue for perpetuity is colonizer imperialism!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:24:53 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Dude, Russia didn't invade the Stans post-USSR...or threaten to if they did something they didn't like...   ::pokeineye::

And now Russian rights as citizens has met real ethnic Russians deporting Muslims back to the Stans...   ::hysterical::

And I read USN&WR back in the day...they slowly morphed DeciptiCon in late 70's and by 1990 was full-on DecptiCon...we didn't call it that back then, but the leftist incrementalism was there, kept alive by the likes of Kissinger et al...and re-sprouted under the idiot GHW Bush who straight up betrayed the Reagan Revolution...

And give up the language stuff already...conquered people throughout the New World speak the conquerors' language...pushing it as emblematic of natural subservience to continue for perpetuity is colonizer imperialism!

The Muslims being deported are citizens of a foreign country who are in the Russian federation illegally. Many overstayed a visa or worked without permission. Muslims who are citizens of the Russian federation can go where they want. Many are cab drivers in Moscow. You can see them in lots of video blogs.

People spoke Russian in the Russian empire. They spoke lots of different languages also. There are interesting videos on youtube about the history of languages in the USSR. The number initially supported was huge. Well over a hundred close to 200?. I recall in the 1970s it dropped to maybe 70. I recall in the 22 Russian republics 21 have at least 1 official language in addition to Russian that is taught in public schools in addition to Russian. Russian was pretty standardized but Ukrainian was not. It varied region to region. It was more of a rural language.  The whole world is not like Kansas.

When the USSR fell apart the  Kiev govt trashed and looted the place. I recall them selling military equipment to drug lords for pennies on the dollar.  There was no strong central govt anymore to stop them. Then came the NAZI larping which does not pay the bills. There are lots of video blogs where the locals say that Kiev govt did not build anything after independence.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Uhh huh, yeah ok...

So they can use them as war fodder...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/1/is-russia-recruiting-muslim-migrants-to-fight-its-war-in-ukraine

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/russia-forcing-muslim-migrants-to-fight-its-war-in-ukraine/articleshow/104949648.cms

...and laborers...

...but, in the wake of the attacks they appear to have flip-flopped on Ukraine blame to mass deportations of "migrants"...

Authorities in St. Petersburg have been deporting migrants en masse in the week since the deadly attack on a Moscow region concert hall, the legal rights group Perviy Otdel said Friday.

More than 64 foreigners were deported from the city’s Vyborgsky district on Thursday alone, the NGO said, citing one of its unidentified lawyers.

“Temporary detention centers for foreign citizens are packed, surrounded by special vehicles and buses heading to the airport,” the lawyer was quoted as saying.

A number of buses carrying migrants were also headed to St. Petersburg’s Pulkovo International Airport on Friday afternoon, they added.

The countries where the migrants were being sent to were not specified, though it is known that labor migrants in Russia mostly hail from poor Central Asian countries.

Bailiffs reportedly refer to St. Petersburg’s mass deportations as “Operation Anti-Migrant,” with raids targeting local hostels and apartments. Similar raids were reported in Moscow and other Russian cities.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/03/29/mass-deportations-seen-in-st-petersburg-after-moscow-concert-attack-ngo-a84685

...the oh so ethically superior Rus, champions of fairness and harmony, are rounding up and kicking out their "laborers"...

Looks like Rus is just like Kansas!   ::laughonfloor::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

i sometimes watch video blogs on people immigrating to Russia. They do enforce immigration laws and visas.
Australian farmers go into the visa requirements. After the Moscow attack they rounded up central Asian illegals.
As I understand, there are no central Asian Russian republics, only foreign countries.
Citizens from mostly Muslim republics and all other Russians are supposed to register their place of residence within a time period from moving. They do not need visas.
There are lots of central Asians working under work visas.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Well, they weren't referred to as illegals but as migrants by Al Jazeera and Times of India...and part of the Russian Federation does include Muslim Oblasts, Republics and Krai's...they consider Central Asia and South Caucuses as "their backyard"...and the Moscow Times article refers to them as "foreigners" in one breath and cite their deportation policy as "Operation Anti-Migrant" in the next...and since these "Central Asian" terrorists (backyard!) hail from Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan and are both members of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) & Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in addition to Kyrgyzstan being a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) and one of the potential new members considered to join the Union State currently comprising just Russia and Belarus...seems to me the Russians are being racial & religious bigots and pretty much a dick of a neighbor.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

The Russians on line said there was a clear difference between foreign countries and republics in the Russian federation. The first need visas and the the second do not. It would nice if the US enforced immigration laws. I have seen lots of videos where everyone has to show a passport even to board a train or maybe check into a hotel.

Some places opted to join the RU federation after the USSR fell and others did not.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Given the Russian structure of states in and around them the optics look bad...but whatever...I just like to point out the BS when I see it.

We used to be able to go to Mexico and Canada in the good 'ol days just with our pre-totalitarian/enhanced drivers licenses for short term visits...the leftists and cucks ruined all that sh*t...and then let/import the trash of the world against our will...like everything they touch...