Author Topic: Cain to get aggressive?  (Read 800 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Cain to get aggressive?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:40:57 PM »
Good.  They've been getting on my last nerve, too.  I just hope he remembers that Obama is the ultimate target, so that no matter what he hits them with, he adds " .... and OBAMA IS WORSE!".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
I read today that a SuperPAC was launched on his behalf during the Tuesday night debate as well. We'll see if Cain can create the fundraising machine he'll need to compete.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »

This has been discussed here; it's not altogether certain this camaraderie is not in play.

Offline michelleo

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
Cain to get aggressive.....yah, that worked so well for the other candidates in the debate last night....

Offline BMG

• Established Member
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »

Man, Iowa was supposed to be Santorum's reprieve.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
Though generally skeptical of polls, Rasmussen is the one outfit that I tend to trust. Still, it is a poll so take it with a grain of salt.

Of course, we've been being told all along that Romney IS the candidate. But I keep seeing these Rasmussen (and other polls) showing people other than Romney in the lead with the voters. Of course all of you here already know this...lol
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
Yeah, but this poll was taken before Cain essentially announced a pro-choice position on abortion. That won't fly in Iowa.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson