Author Topic: I'm sick to my stomach.  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Magnum

Re: I'm sick to my stomach.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Hi John,

I read your post late last night and I was moved and thought about your family all day.

My wife is a child psychologist and public school special education teacher  and many of “her kids” she teaches have autism. She agreed with what many have previously stated.  Mrs. Magnum thinks it can be“heartless” to  suggest autism (it is an easy out many times for therapists that have little explanation for the symptom(s) in question) until more is known. For instance a recent illness such as the flu or an ear ache may cause a little one to be less talkative and can lead to behavioral changes.

One of the things that seems to bring success for the child and their families is the team work between the special ed staff and families.  It is amazing how the coordination of services can assist a child to succeed.  Take advantage of the services that are offered. I know I am biased but the public schools do have excellent programs that can assist and help. Mrs. Magnum speaks very highly of the early childhood development programs that are offered here in St. Paul and many times kids that were diagnosed to have autism by the doctors in actuality did not when assessed by the early childhood development team and are now leading normal happy lives.

Mrs. Magnum said she would be happy to answer any questions you or your daughter may have. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM and we will do all we can to help out.

Prayers have been and will be lifted to our Lord Jesus for You and Your Family.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:33:35 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »
Nice to see you around Magnum:

And once again thanks to all of you for you kindness and all this is being passed on to my daughter so it's not wasted. In the end all we can do is fight and hope and pray. were doing all of them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
Yo Magnum.

::beertoast::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
  I do have to say one thing about our group and I'm not just blowing smoke when I say  you people are some of the most caring people that I have had the pleasure to be associated with in my life and am proud to be a part of this group.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
What us?  Conservatives?
/

::grouphug::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
  I do have to say one thing about our group and I'm not just blowing smoke when I say  you people are some of the most caring people that I have had the pleasure to be associated with in my life and am proud to be a part of this group.

John, there's no one on this board that has expressed a dilemma or a problem that you weren't willing to offer help and advice, so the feeling is quite mutual .........

..... even now that you've almost abandoned us and run off to a job ............. but don't worry about that; we get it.  ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »

Yes, sell more, buy laptop, come raise cane.   ::dueling::