Author Topic: Hot Air on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy  (Read 3129 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Hot Air on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:36 AM »
Here's a bit of prognostication concerning Obama's strategy for the upcoming presidential election.

That Team Obama is having to reinvent the wheel to this degree is also a reflection of his larger and more basic problems. The enthusiasm gap between Republican and Democratic voters continues to expand. The Obama campaign wants to keep the Great Lakes from the GOP’s grasp, but it is increasingly clear that they are looking away from states like Florida and Ohio and trying to eke out an electoral win from North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico (all on Obama’s current tour itinerary).

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:57:06 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Hot Air's on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
Heh, good luck Barry!   ::hysterical::

Thanks in large part to Obamanomics, ObamaCare and your own buffoonish nature...your ass is grass!

::mooning::

::asskicking::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Hot Air on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Here's a bit of prognostication concerning Obama's strategy for the upcoming presidential election.

That Team Obama is having to reinvent the wheel to this degree is also a reflection of his larger and more basic problems. The enthusiasm gap between Republican and Democratic voters continues to expand. The Obama campaign wants to keep the Great Lakes from the GOP’s grasp, but it is increasingly clear that they are looking away from states like Florida and Ohio and trying to eke out an electoral win from North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico (all on Obama’s current tour itinerary).

Virginia and N. Carolina have become very iffy ... even doubtful . If he's basing his "strategy" on New Mexico , Colorado and Nevada , which historically were of negligable value , then he really is in trouble .

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
Thanks in large part to Obamanomics, ObamaCare and your own buffoonish nature...your ass is grass!

The really sad part is that if the economy was in so-so shape (not even good shape mind you!) he'd very likely be looking at coasting into a second term.

Virginia and N. Carolina have become very iffy ... even doubtful . If he's basing his "strategy" on New Mexico , Colorado and Nevada , which historically were of negligable value , then he really is in trouble.

Exactly. I think that we're in store for a huge win for Republicans in 2012. It's evidence like this that we've been seeing all over the place for the last few months that allows me to say that with confidence. Democrat voter fraud is only going to go so far and I think 2012 is going to be to much for voter fraud to overcome. As I've said in other posts though, it's not 2012 that I'm worried about. It's the elections after that. A big reason for my concern is because Obama was put into office in the first place...an electorate that can vote in a guy like this is troubling. But of even more concern to me than that is this:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/buchanan-republican-romney-tea/2011/10/19/id/415112?s=al&promo_code=D4C4-1

...This is only the most immediate concern Buchanan has for his party. Demographic changes in the United States will make it almost impossible for conservative Republicans to get elected in the future, he writes in his latest book, “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025.”

“So when the white folks become a minority, as they are a minority now in California and they are a minority now in Texas – eventually Texas is going to go the way of California and you’ll never elect another Republican president if he is running on anything like a conservative ticket.

In my opinion, Buchanan is right about this. And also in my opinion, this is exactly what the progressives (from both parties) have been doing over the last 40 years or so in regards to illegal immigration. I believe it's been done on purpose in order to attain the end result that Buchanan outlines here; in essence to 'breed' the conservative out of America. Sort of like this quote from Braveheart (which doesn't appear to have actually been a historic policy but something manufactured for the movie, still it helps to illustrate my point):

Perhaps the time has come to reinstitute an old custom. Grant them prima noctes. First night, when any common girl inhabiting their lands is married, our nobles shall have sexual rights to her on the night of her wedding. If we can't get them out, we breed them out. That should fetch just the kind of lords we want to Scotland, taxes or no taxes.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/25/obama-expect-me-to-act-unilaterally-to-heal-the-economy/

The only difference between Obama’s threatened unilateral actions now and his Porkulus approach in 2009 is that he doesn’t have a Democratic Congress to approve them — in large part because of the failure of Obama’s policies in 2009 and 2010.  In 2012, if Obama’s gimmicky unilateral interventions still don’t produce growth, he could personally parachute into Waziristan and capture Ayman al-Zawahiri and convert Iran’s mullahs to liberal democrats, and he still won’t escape his ownership of the economic failures of his four years in office.  This is a strategy that leaves no escape route for ownership of those failures.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/25/obama-expect-me-to-act-unilaterally-to-heal-the-economy/

The only difference between Obama’s threatened unilateral actions now and his Porkulus approach in 2009 is that he doesn’t have a Democratic Congress to approve them — in large part because of the failure of Obama’s policies in 2009 and 2010.  In 2012, if Obama’s gimmicky unilateral interventions still don’t produce growth, he could personally parachute into Waziristan and capture Ayman al-Zawahiri and convert Iran’s mullahs to liberal democrats, and he still won’t escape his ownership of the economic failures of his four years in office.  This is a strategy that leaves no escape route for ownership of those failures.

Never seen that stop an asshat from trying or State Run Media from pimping.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
The Hypocrites in the White House

Filed under Politics

"No one likes a hypocrite. No one likes to be told, “Do as I say not as I do.” The Obamas and liberals in general are the biggest hypocrites around. Of course, there are a lot of Republicans and so-called Conservatives who are hypocrites. We need to take care of them in 2012 along with the Democrats. Let’s not fall into the trap by saying, “At least they’re our hypocrites.”

A wave of articles appeared this week that show the galling hypocrisy of the Obamas. The first is a story about a Los Angeles fundraiser. Here’s how Keith Koffler of the White House Dossier tells it:

The White House wants you to see President Obama bash the rich, and everyone in the press corps is invited to cover the various rallies and speeches where he claims average people can’t get a break and the wealthy aren’t paying their fair share of taxes.

What the White House doesn’t want you to see is Obama schmoozing the rich so that he can pocket some of their money for his campaign.

Nothing could be more ostentatious than a Los Angeles fundraiser, replete with movie stars, athletes, and cinema moguls who embody the very exclusivity and bejeweled abundance Obama is not supposed to be about.

So not surprisingly, news photographers were barred from both of Obama’s L.A. fundraisers Monday. The best the public could do was get bare-bones written descriptions of the events that give only a hint of the lavishness that surrounded the president.

Tickets cost $35,800 per person. Some of that money could have paid for the diapers Democrats in Connecticut claim they need to help poor families.

Then there’s the San Francisco fund raiser where President Obama spoke before hundreds of donors at a $7,500-a-plate noontime fundraiser. Not a not a single local reporter was allowed inside to cover the event. Instead, a hand-picked cadre of Washington-based reporters was let in.

“It seems the Obama campaign has calculated that taking a small hit from political reporters being denied access is a safer course of action than opening the event to reporters and cameras and risking an embarrassing YouTube moment,” said former longtime KTVU-TV political editor Randy Shandobil."

Read more: The Hypocrites in the White House | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1711/the-hypocrites-in-the-white-house/#ixzz1buxvD3Bk

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
Accordint to Rayra Obama had 200 union people show up at his stop in Vagas on monday so the croweds are MIA this go around. ::danceban::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »
ObaMao is going around the country like a Turd around the toilet.

Whoosh............Bye Bye  ::rimshot:: ::newyear::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

He's got to see that nobody is coming out. ::falldownshocked::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »

He's got to see that nobody is coming out. ::falldownshocked::

"The Emporer's New Clothes!" ::hat-tip::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
Their message   ::hysterical::  such as it is...I mean how many variations of a shell game can you run and recycle before people just refuse to play the game anymore or are bored by it?

He's got nothing but "blame (fill in the blank)", "it's not my fault", "really, I mean it this time, trust me" and "we just need to throw more money at (fill in the blank)"!

The nekked Emperor snake oil show has run its course...this is when desperation takes an increasing role and the hysterics gain in amplitude and ridiculousness.

Think this guy can't look more unpresidential?  Heh, think again!  2012 is going to be the mother of all headless chicken sightings!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
Their message   ::hysterical::  such as it is...I mean how many variations of a shell game can you run and recycle before people just refuse to play the game anymore or are bored by it?

He's got nothing but "blame (fill in the blank)", "it's not my fault", "really, I mean it this time, trust me" and "we just need to throw more money at (fill in the blank)"!

The nekked Emperor snake oil show has run its course...this is when desperation takes an increasing role and the hysterics gain in amplitude and ridiculousness.

Think this guy can't look more unpresidential?  Heh, think again!  2012 is going to be the mother of all headless chicken sightings!

Just think, when they make the Movie about Barack Obama, they will need to dig up Red Foxx to play him.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »

Just think, when they make the Movie about Barack Obama, they will need to dig up Red Foxx to play him.

Perhaps Eddie Murphy, he's got the mouth to match Barry's and is a good enough actor to look and act stupid.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2011/10/28/obama-campaigning-like-its-1936/

While Republican presidential candidates are looking forward by proposing variations of a flat income tax, President Obama’s tax-the-rich campaign strategy is looking backward—to Franklin Roosevelt’s 1936 reelection campaign.  FDR won his reelection, but the American people lost: Roosevelt’s new taxes on business and the “economic royalists” gave us the “Roosevelt recession” of 1937-38.

By August of 1935, Roosevelt had achieved some of his signature pieces of legislation: a new entitlement program known as Social Security, banking reform, pro-union reform, infrastructure expansion and massive transfers of wealth to the poor and middle classes.  Sound familiar?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/22/gallup-latest-obama-quarterly-job-approval-rating-shows-him-vulnerable/

Yeah I know, polls are mostly worthless especially this far out. But mostly worthless isn't completely worthless. Even though the numbers are most likely to completely change between now and then, if you start looking over the historic precedence it does help to formulate a future picture.

It’s true that the economy had begun to pick up a bit early in the quarter, but that came to an end in March, as job creation cooled and growth indicators turned south.  If Obama’s job approval remains tied to the economy and we have a third straight Stagnant Spring followed by another Wreckovery Summer, even this moderate improvement will dissipate at the worst possible time.

Even if it just plateaus, though, it leaves Obama in a vulnerable position.  In his eighth quarter at the end of 2010, Obama had a nearly identical average approval rating of 46.0%.  The midterms held in that quarter delivered a historic rebuke to Obama and his party, costing them nearly 70 seats in the House and almost losing Senate control as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The really sad part is that if the economy was in so-so shape (not even good shape mind you!) he'd very likely be looking at coasting into a second term.

It doesn't seem as though it will be possible for the economy to get better at this point - not in the time frame we're dealing with and with the damaging policies of this current leadership (if you can call it that!) anyway. Guess we'll see in the next few months.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:56:37 AM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/opinion/sunday/friedman-down-with-everything.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

And just in case they do lose in November, the left is already getting their excuses (and attacks against the Republicans) ready. Here, Mr. 'I love communism' himself, Thomas Friedman begins laying the scaffolding for his vaunted leftists to start harping on...

DOES America need an Arab Spring? That was the question on my mind when I called Frank Fukuyama, the Stanford professor and author of “The End of History and the Last Man.” Fukuyama has been working on a two-volume opus called “The Origins of Political Order,” and I could detect from his recent writings that his research was leading him to ask a very radical question about America’s political order today, namely: has American gone from a democracy to a “vetocracy” — from a system designed to prevent anyone in government from amassing too much power to a system in which no one can aggregate enough power to make any important decisions at all?

That is being lost at the federal level. A system with as many checks and balances built into it as ours assumes — indeed requires — a certain minimum level of cooperation on major issues between the two parties, despite ideological differences. Unfortunately, since the end of the cold war, which was a hugely powerful force compelling compromise between the parties, several factors are combining to paralyze our whole system.

So on the one hand he is advocating a violent overthrow by leftist extremists (his Arab Spring reference) and then reinforces that notion by effectively continuing the meme that the reason why we're in this mess is because the Republicans won't 'reach across the isle'.

Now, let me diverge from this post a bit to gnaw on something that really eats at me...

...let me point something out about reaching across the isle.

Obama makes no bones about wanting to 'fundamentally change America'. In other words, destroy our way of life.

Let me put that into context if I may:
Lets say we have a criminal (democrats) and a family (republicans). The criminal breaks into the family's home and holds them at gunpoint. He says that he plans to kill everyone in the house and take all their stuff. Now the father steps forward and negotiates with the criminal. At the end of the negotiation it is decided that the criminal will only steal half of the family's stuff, kill the father and sexually assault the mother and children, but leave them alive.

Did the family come out ahead? NO!! They've still been robbed, murdered and terrorized...just to a lesser extent!

So when you reach across the political isle to 'work with' the opposition all you're doing is allowing them to destroy your way of life a bit more slowly...but in the end they've still destroyed your way of life! THAT IS NO FREAKING COMPROMISE!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
Compromises with the Left for the sake of bipartisanship or comity or in the name of "getting something done" are how we got here. 

A "moderate" I know keeps bleating about the last, how the "extremists on both sides" are the problem and "we need people who can work together", also not realizing that's how we got here.  Every compromise with the Left drags the Right ever Leftward, and now Constitutionalists are seen as extreme.

This can be seen in even the conservatives who insist we "need a national safety net" and "our schools need to be supported because an educated citizenry is beneficial to society".  They need a time-machine trip in the hopes that a glimpse of what "society" was like before government meddled everywhere, in everything, will be enlightening.

Too many people do not know evil when they see/hear/read/speak it, and a compromise with evil results in evil.

Anybody here remember "Luthien", the "conservative", who was in favor of gay "marriage" because it would benefit her personally, although not gay, and advocated for public "benefits" for the disabled (as she was) because going back to the time of poor-houses and how little care was taken of people like her?  As she wrote, "NO THANK YOU!"; you WILL pay for the likes of "Luthien" to live on your dime.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »

his research was leading him to ask a very radical question about America’s political order today, namely: has American gone from a democracy to a “vetocracy” — from a system designed to prevent anyone in government from amassing too much power to a system in which no one can aggregate enough power to make any important decisions at all?

Crazy man, crazy.  Toady to the oligarchs says there's not enough power. 

"Misplaced values practice distortion."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/an_billion_trick_ImTBFfz7MeuZLJY7JzXEIJ

Call it President Obama’s Committee for the Re-Election of the President — a political slush fund at the Health and Human Services Department.

Only this isn’t some little fund from shadowy private sources; this is taxpayer money, redirected to help Obama win another term. A massive amount of it, too — $8.3 billion. Yes, that’s billion, with a B.

Here is how it works.

The most oppressive aspects of the ObamaCare law don’t kick in until after the 2012 election, when the president will no longer be answerable to voters. More “flexibility,” he recently explained to the Russians.

But certain voters would surely notice one highly painful part of the law before then — namely, the way it guts the popular Medicare Advantage program.

For years, 12 million seniors have relied on these policies, a more market-oriented alternative to traditional Medicare, without the aggravating gaps in coverage.

But as part of its hundreds of billions in Medicare cuts, the Obama one-size-fits-all plan slashes reimbursement rates for Medicare Advantage starting next year — herding many seniors back into the government-run program.

Under federal “open-enrollment” guidelines, seniors must pick their Medicare coverage program for next year by the end of this year — which means they should be finding out before Election Day.

Nothing is more politically volatile than monkeying with the health insurance of seniors, who aren’t too keen on confusing upheavals in their health care and are the most diligent voters in the land. This could make the Tea Party look like a tea party.

Making matters even more politically dangerous for Obama is that open enrollment begins Oct. 15, less than three weeks before voters go to the polls.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus