Author Topic: Hot Air on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy  (Read 3130 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: Hot Air on Obama's 2012 fundraising & strategy
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
Yeah, I know - yet another poll story and polls are pretty useless this far out. This story was nonetheless, encouraging. :)

LINK

There is, however, a poll which does show the partisan leaning of America: the generic congressional ballot.  When a voter goes to the polls in November, a "generic" favoring of one party over another will often be the decisive factor in casting a ballot.  Indeed, the huge sweep of Republicans up and down the ballot in 2010 can only be explained by this massive and generic rejection of Democrats.  So this poll is as close to a straightforward question about which political party a respondent will support in the next election as any question asked in polls.

What does the generic congressional ballot say about 2012?  Rasmussen asks likely voters which party the respondent intends to support in the next congressional election each week and announces the results every Monday.  Over the last three years, likely voters in this poll have favored Republicans over Democrats almost every single week.  At this time last year, the Republican edge was 42% to 40%.  One week, in November, the parties tied at 41% to 41%, and one week, at the end of January, Democrats held a one-point 41%-to-40% advantage.  Since March, however, the Republican advantage has been growing -- the practical end of the Republican fighting for the nomination is a logical explanation for the change -- and since the beginning of March, the Republican advantage per week has progressed thus: +3%, +6%, +4%, +5%, +6%, +5%, +10%.

Rasmussen, which asks the same question every week and which asks "likely voters," ought to be taken seriously.  A ten-percent advantage in the generic ballot, if carried over into other races, would mean a Republican landslide in November.  This would mean not just that Romney defeats Obama, but that Republicans win a slew of Senate races that are undecided now (Human Events, for example, is showing that Republicans have an excellent chance of defeating Senator Manchin in West Virginia).  The new congressional districts will have an inherent volatility, and a Republican wave could mean that Republicans might actually increase their majority in the House.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »
 ::thumbsup::
Those numbers explain why Obama spent over $1 million dollars in
March on polling data.
                                 ::laughonfloor::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/27/major-obama-bundler-gets-dutch-ambassadors-post/

D.C. lawyer Timothy Broas, who has funneled more money to the political campaigns of President Obama than nearly anyone else, last week was recommended by Mr. Obama as the next U.S. ambassador to the Netherlands.

I guess it pays to play...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
The nonstop shakedown continues...

"Let me be clear, I love dogs.  Now, break out those checkbooks and get busy while we serve what I love!"

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
And, once again, it takes a news outfit outside the fetid leftist swamps of America to tell people that Presidente Obamakov has been in "campaign mode" since Day 1 and has now had more fundraising events than the last 5 presidents (Nixon-W.Bush) combined!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136851/Obama-held-fundraisers-previous-Presidents-combined-visits-key-swing-states-permanent-campaign.html

Figures.  It takes a special kind of shakedown artist to out campaign your 5 predecessors combined!   ::pimp::

Tiger stripes...they are what they are.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:08 AM »
Words fail me well, not really, just can't post how I truly feel. ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
LINK

It has taken months of bad news, but Democrats increasingly believe that President Obama might just lose his re-election bid.

The latest wake-up call comes in the form of a New York Times/CBS poll showing Republican Mitt Romney in the lead not just among registered voters overall, but with women and independents.

Maybe if he came out as a lesbian he'd improve his votes with the wimmin?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
That would mean Michelle is... oh, and the children...
                                                                          insemination?
                                                                                               Eric Whitaker?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »
 ::laughonfloor::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »
just don't think about it CO!! Just don't think...

::foilhathelicopter::
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »
                                                                          insemination?
                                                                                               Eric Whitaker?

Up jumps the devil!  I knew I saw that name somewhere elese today!

Monday afternoon radio interview with Sean Hannity, Klein revealed that Whitaker had purportedly offered Rev. Jeremiah Wright — an infamous and challenging weight on Obama’s 2008 campaign — $150,000 to stay silent until after the election was over. Wright refused Whitaker’s offer, Klein said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/15/longtime-obama-pal-eric-whitaker-keeps-popping-onto-political-scene/#ixzz1uyBDCasL

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »
                                                                          insemination?
                                                                                               Eric Whitaker?

I always thought Barry was just a sperm donor and the marriage is for expediency do now he comes out of the closet after bad mouthing Larry Sinclair. Makes me ::puke::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 07:25:17 AM »
This is my shocked face -  ::speechless::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
LINK

The fact that the labor unions and liberal activists failed where the Tea Party largely succeeded sends a very different message, though: It tells officeholders that it’s safer to take on left-wing interest groups than conservative ones (the right outraised and outspent the left by a huge margin in the recall election), safer to cut government than to increase revenue, safer to face down irate public sector employees than irate taxpayers.

A similar message is currently being telegraphed by the respective postures of the two parties in Washington. The House Republicans have spent the past two years taking tough votes on entitlement reform, preparing themselves for an ambitious offensive should 2012 deliver the opportunity to cast those same votes and have them count. The Senate Democrats, on the other hand, have failed to even pass a budget: There is no Democratic equivalent of Paul Ryan’s fiscal blueprint, no Democratic plan to swallow hard and raise middle class taxes the way Republicans look poised to swallow hard and overhaul Medicare. Indeed, there’s no liberal agenda to speak of at the moment, beyond a resounding “No!” to whatever conservatism intends to do.

That “No!” might still be enough to win Barack Obama re-election. But November 2012 will just be one battle in a longer war, and the outcome in Wisconsin suggests that the edge in that war currently (and to some extent unexpectedly, given the demographic trends that favor the left) belongs to a limited government conservatism. The Democrats threw almost everything they had at Scott Walker, and it wasn’t nearly enough. And when you fail in what is essentially a defensive campaign, it makes it that much more difficult to get back on offense.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
just don't think about it CO!! Just don't think...

::foilhathelicopter::

Why not ask him to stop breathing it would be easier.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie