Author Topic: Bachmann's entire New Hampshire staff quits  (Read 1094 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Bachmann's entire New Hampshire staff quits
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: All Bachmann NH Staffers Quit

All paid New Hampshire staff for Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign have quit over deep frustration with the campaign’s lack of commitment to New Hampshire.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Bachmann's entire New Hampshire staff quits
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
She needs to get out.
All she's doing now is diluting the anti-Romney side enabling old Mitt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

Service to LINK  is temporarily unavailable.

It sounds like another wheel off the cart.  Some writers have speculated she is waiting for
Romney to pay her campaign debt.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »
It obvious a lot of things have to come together for a person to be the candidate besides the person wanting it or others wanting him or her to run.

The people running that office are probably veterans of other campaigns.  They would know what's lacking.

I really like Bachmann--went to hear her speak once.  I think she never got beyond being a congressional candidate.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »
Ending in a sudden thud would be more merciful than this...

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »

It appears she has also damaged her chances of keeping her or being re-elected
representative.  She should start concerning herself with repairing her image at
home in order to secure her re-election. The flakier this campaign goes the less
her opportunities to chair a committee.  Frankly the less I would feel comfortable
with her at the chair.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »
...in an interview with Radio Iowa's O. Kay Henderson, Bachmann said she was unaware of any resignations.

"This is a shocking story to me," Bachmann said. "I don't know where that came from.  We have called staff in New Hampshire to find out where that came from and the staff have said that isn't true, so I don't know if this is just a bad story that's being fed by a different candidate or campaign. I have no idea where this came from, but we've made calls and it's certainly not true."

But the departures have been confirmed by numerous media outlets, including the Associated Press, the New Hampshire Union Leader and ABC News.

Among those who have left the campaign: Jeff Chidester, a conservative activist and close friend of Bachmann's who had been serving as her campaign manager in New Hampshire. He confirmed to the Union Leader that he quit the campaign, but he insisted it because of frustrations with Bachmann's political advisers, not with the candidate herself.

See, now here you have two stories completely opposite from one another. Who you gonna believe? There was a time not long ago when I would have believed Bachmann unquestioningly. But after numerous instances of speaking on the fly without regard to truth or consequence, I have no faith that when she's cornered in an uncomfortable situation that she doesn't just say the first thing that comes to her mind.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:40:25 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:41:58 PM »
If you can't manage a campaign then you demonstrate questionable ability to manage the office of the presidency. O'Bama could manage a campaign (obviously) but can't manage his way out of a wet paper bag as CIC.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
...in an interview with Radio Iowa's O. Kay Henderson, Bachmann said she was unaware of any resignations.

"This is a shocking story to me," Bachmann said. "I don't know where that came from.  We have called staff in New Hampshire to find out where that came from and the staff have said that isn't true, so I don't know if this is just a bad story that's being fed by a different candidate or campaign. I have no idea where this came from, but we've made calls and it's certainly not true."

But the departures have been confirmed by numerous media outlets, including the Associated Press, the New Hampshire Union Leader and ABC News.

Among those who have left the campaign: Jeff Chidester, a conservative activist and close friend of Bachmann's who had been serving as her campaign manager in New Hampshire. He confirmed to the Union Leader that he quit the campaign, but he insisted it because of frustrations with Bachmann's political advisers, not with the candidate herself.

See, now here you have two stories completely opposite from one another. Who you gonna believe? There was a time not long ago when I would have believed Bachmann unquestioningly. But after numerous instances of speaking on the fly without regard to truth or consequence, I have no faith that when she's cornered in an uncomfortable situation that she doesn't just say the first thing that comes to her mind.

When in doubt suspect the MFM, whether in cahoots with an inside player wanting to benefit from it or not.

Regarding the latter, could be in response to the Romney play to keep Michele afloat?  Perry camp?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »
When in doubt suspect the MFM, whether in cahoots with an inside player wanting to benefit from it or not.

That's the presumption I've been going on all along. What I'm saying now is that Bachmann's proclivity for speaking out her ass and making sh*t up on the fly henceforth prevents me from making that assumption in regards to her. I can no longer automatically give her the benefit of the doubt when her proclamations differ from other accounts of what happened. I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:08 AM »

That's the presumption I've been going on all along. What I'm saying now is that Bachmann's proclivity for speaking out her ass and making sh*t up on the fly henceforth prevents me from making that assumption in regards to her. I can no longer automatically give her the benefit of the doubt when her proclamations differ from other accounts of what happened. I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me.

There is some sort of contagion that infects people running for higher office.  She would be better served going back to the House and rehabilitate her Tea Party credentials, but I do not see the opportunity for a graceful exit from this stage as yet.  I think shortly after the early primaries will afford that opportunity.  I am not going to get too carried away with this, candidates make mistakes and hers seem more of the not ready for prime time variety than anything permanently fatal.  If I have disappointments they are centered primarily in her placing Tea Party principles to the side in this campaign.  I do not think her principles have left her, perhaps entering the GOP stage changed that dynamic, I dunno, but I would have preferred a more substantive campaign and her missteps indicate she is struggling with performing on this grand stage.  I think she can learn from this experience.  Step number one would be admitting past errors and honing a concise message for as long as she intends to hold out.  We will see.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:04 AM »
There is some sort of contagion that infects people running for higher office. ... If I have disappointments they are centered primarily in her placing Tea Party principles to the side in this campaign. ...

Finding high quality, experienced campaign managers who are Tea Party at
heart may be difficult.  Finding a campaign wizard, aka Ed Rollins/Karl Rove
who have a capacity to comprehend Tea Party is close to nil.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »
There is some sort of contagion that infects people running for higher office. ... If I have disappointments they are centered primarily in her placing Tea Party principles to the side in this campaign. ...

Finding high quality, experienced campaign managers who are Tea Party at
heart may be difficult.
  Finding a campaign wizard, aka Ed Rollins/Karl Rove
who have a capacity to comprehend Tea Party is close to nil.

But Bachmann is the boss and should be calling the shots based on her beliefs.  If campaign wizards are  telling her to do something different she needs to tell them find a way or get out. She does not have to be at the mercy of consultants.  The Tea Party era should be ushering in a new way of approaching voters.  The RINO consultants are offering options that suit RINO voters.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
I agree LV.  We'll see how the primary voters are thinking soon enough.  Not sure if her campaign is salvageable or not at this point, but in the end she is the one person truly in charge of her own destiny.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »

These are classic symptoms of DC-itis.

In their statement issued Sunday, the former staffers also tried to clarify confusion that arose Friday when Bachmann’s national spokeswoman disputed reports of a staff shake-up. The group said Jeff Chidester, Bachmann’s New Hampshire campaign manager, quit on Thursday, but informed the national campaign that others might be interested in staying if national officials reached out to them.

The other four staffers quit on Friday after their efforts to get in touch with the national team to discuss their concerns were ignored, they said.