Author Topic: Complete pullout from Iraq  (Read 2710 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Complete pullout from Iraq
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/

By years end and normal relations with Iraq...

Hahaha, thanks, Pan.  They changed it on me!  I checked it before I posted.    ::whatgives::    Changed my link to main page of Fox.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:12:03 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Complete pullout from Iraq
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
They -- somebody -- needs to define "normal".

Bad link, LV.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/21/obama-to-speak-about-iraq-troop-levels/

"As promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year," Obama said. "After nearly nine years, America's war in Iraq will be over."

Did we win?  I guess if ya have to ask .........
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:06:31 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

Imanutjob will do that. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Obama, cementing defeat before anybody else has a say in the matter!

Mission Accomplished, eh, Commrade Barry?

The good news? 

Obama owns 100% of the outcome!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
Isn't this essentially the original plan that Bush laid out, before he left office, anyway? I am skeptical that Barry is doing anything here except running his mouth. He's just trying to score points and distract from what's going on with F & F and Solyndra. 

I will believe this drawdown when I see it, just as I will believe the closing of Gitmo when I see it.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
Trying to look like a Commander in Chief. First, bin laden then Ghadfy and now Iraq.

When do those primaries start?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
Obama probably caved to Malaki......Either that, or a biden visit skeered them, wanting us gone.

Predict Iraq and Iran co exist for all the wrong reasons.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
Obama probably caved to Malaki......Either that, or a biden visit skeered them, wanting us gone.

Starting the day after we leave.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »

That long land border between Saudi Arabia and Iraq will certainly be a sore spot for the Saudis.
Wonder if they've contacted Obam-the-Nut or they are going to wait until he needs them then
cut his water off.

The Pan Zion/Saudi axis   ::hysterical::
                                                            Obama ceaselessly changing the world.   ::outrage::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »
Without diplomatic immunity for our people they can all go to hell for all I care.Besides there is an election coming.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:54 PM »
We have been humiliated in the Middle East. O'Bama has managed in three short years to completely change our image in that region from kick ass super power to wimpy pushover. This is a region where strength is appreciated and weakness is scorned. We can fully expect the area to descend into total chaos now.

We are not leaving Iraq. We are being kicked out.

It cannot be much longer before we are thrown out of Afghanistan.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, O'Bama (with the exception of the Predator drone strikes and the SEAL incursion) is totally mismanaging the war effort. This puts our troops in danger. If we have a boob for a CiC then it makes sense to get our troops out of harms way.

On the other hand, this will only make things worse in the long term. We have invested a tremendous amount of money and, more importantly, lives in taking it to the enemy. This has been one of the several Bush Doctrines and, expensive as it has been, it has been successful. We haven't had another 9/11. Once we have left the war zone with our tail between our legs, the terrorist forces will quickly re-form and we will be right back where we started.

So basically we are screwed.

Thanks a lot, O'Bama. Can't wait to vote your stupid ass out of office.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 04:00:03 AM »

Stymie's team didn't work on this at all . They made a half-hearted effort to negotiate a continued presence just for show . The outcome is exactly what they wanted . But the real outcome will occur next year when Iraq falls apart . Then , Stymie and his team will have a lot to answer for ... and in an election year !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »

Stymie's team didn't work on this at all . They made a half-hearted effort to negotiate a continued presence just for show . The outcome is exactly what they wanted . But the real outcome will occur next year when Iraq falls apart . Then , Stymie and his team will have a lot to answer for ... and in an election year !

Indeed, they got the cover they wanted from Maliki, doesn't matter how flimsy it is, they seized on it and now The Regime is trying to spin the narrative.  The only thing that can screw up Barry's narrative is if Iraq becomes Iran's bitch right away, otherwise its rope-a-dope until election day.

This is a mixed bag like Trap says, no longer subjecting our troops to be part and parcel of Obama failure is a good thing, but despite what The Regime says, we are not leaving in honor, we are just leaving because Obama wants to no matter what happens after we are gone.  Obama engineered this to fail, it has failed and it will get worse there once we are gone, and that pompous little prick in the White House owns 100% of the result!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

I can see "Iraq" attacking Saudi Arabia from my GoogleView.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
I think the administration thinks this will make him look good as the primaries heat up.  Sure it may fall apart but we won't hear that until months into 2012.  He doesn't have a challenger but he has to look like he made a decision and thus look presidential compared to whomever the repubbies pick.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
Sounding the alarm loud and often that Obama is promoting the continued radicalization of the Middle East, North Africa and central Asia should be pronounced by every single candidate!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 08:11:45 PM »
Sounding the alarm loud and often that Obama is promoting the continued radicalization of the Middle East, North Africa and central Asia should be pronounced by every single candidate!

I wouldn't say word one till it all explodes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 06:48:44 AM »

I wouldn't say word one till it all explodes.

I disagree, you need to warn bad things are about to happen, it will drive the point home harder once you are proved correct!