Author Topic: God Won, VA Zero  (Read 1125 times)

charlesoakwood

God Won, VA Zero
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »

Arleen Ocasio, director of the National Cemetery Council for Greater Houston had banned Christian prayer at the Cemetery.  Rev. Scott Rainey, the lead pastor of the Living Word Church of the Nazarene, with the help of the Liberty Institute in Plano, Texas took the VA to court and won.  Not only did they win for Houston but it caused the national protocol to be rewritten.  The ruling will prevail throughout the USA.

Edit: bad links, Rev. Rainey was on the internet today and the above is the rendition of what was heard.
Looking for links.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:11:12 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: God Won, VA Zero
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »
 ::newyear::

Good news!  Arlene, you've been voted off the island!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »

Finally found a link, one article in all of Bing.  And it appears the bull dyke is still on the island.
BUT it's a good day for America, the Veterans, the families and our fallen heroes.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/132305838.html
... lawyers with the Liberty Institute who took on Rainey’s case also discovered that under Ocasio’s direction that demands for religious political correctness were not just limited to the Memorial Day prayer.

Women with the volunteer group called National Memorial Ladies said they were being told not to say “God bless you” while assisting grieving families at the cemetery. And honor guards provided by VFW and American Legion volunteers reported they were being pressured to remove religious references from their burial rituals that mention God as many as five times.

Lisa Ward said that honor guard disagreement forced her to conduct her husband’s military funeral at a private funeral chapel where the honor guard ritual would be allowed.

“I couldn’t understand how one person at a federal cemetery could be dictating what is said and what’s not said,” said Ward.

After months of mediation between lawyers from the Liberty Institute and the Veterans Administration, Federal District Judge Lynn Hughes signed a consent decree on Wednesday clarifying the VA’s rules on religious terminology at funeral and memorial services. The VA agreed “not to ban, regulate, or otherwise interfere with prayers, recitations, or words of religious expression absent family objection” and to “allow veterans’ families to hold committal services with any religious or secular context as they desire.”

“And no pastor like Pastor Rainey will ever again be told how to pray,” said Liberty Institute lead counsel Jeffrey Mateer.

“I want anybody to be able to pray as an American the way that they feel comfortable praying,” added Rainey.

In response to the settlement, VA Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs Steve Muro issued a written statement:

“This agreement preserves VA policy that families’ wishes are paramount when their loved ones – our nation’s heroes – are laid to rest,” he said. “This agreement respects the important principle that the family’s wishes for religious observances at the committal services must be honored, which VA has fought to protect from day one.”?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:02 AM »
...Women with the volunteer group called National Memorial Ladies said they were being told not to say “God bless you” while assisting grieving families at the cemetery. And honor guards provided by VFW and American Legion volunteers reported they were being pressured to remove religious references from their burial rituals that mention God as many as five times.

Lisa Ward said that honor guard disagreement forced her to conduct her husband’s military funeral at a private funeral chapel where the honor guard ritual would be allowed....

Oh look... there's Arleen Ocasio now!

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
... Federal District Judge Lynn Hughes signed a consent decree on Wednesday clarifying the VA’s rules on religious terminology at funeral and memorial services.

Great.  But.  We already had a "consent decree"; it's called The First Amendment.

How dare Arlene Ocasio!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"