Author Topic: Untitled International Thriller  (Read 1669 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Untitled International Thriller
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/22/aww-sony-will-postpone-opening-of-the-obama-is-totally-awesome-blockbuster-movie/

Officially, it’s called Untitled International Thriller, but the original release date of October 12, 2012 for the film based on the SEAL Team 6 mission that killed Osama bin Laden had even Maureen Dowd questioning the motives of the filmmakers — and of the White House, which was apparently cooperating with the filmmakers and providing inside information.  Republicans in Congress expressed outrage, promised investigations, and proposed laws to block Hollywood from gaining access to information.

Now that Sony has wisely moved the release date to after the election and mooted accusations of attempting to produce propaganda for the current administration, I’m looking forward to giving it a chance.

I wonder what their motivation was for A) scheduling the releases just before the 2012 presidential election in the first place (was it an attempt to influence the outcome or was it simply stupidity by not thinking this could have an impact on the elections) and B) What was their motivation for now, changing the release date to after the election (getting caught red-handed trying to influence the election or having an eye-opening moment of clarity and realizing they had been idiots for scheduling that date to begin with)?

I suspect they did it on purpose and changed it because people made a stink about it...but sometimes I can be pretty cynical. It'd be nice to simply think that they were just idiots and didn't realize what they were doing. Pretty sad commentary on life I guess, when it'd be a better thing if they were actually just incompetent boobs.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Untitled International Thriller
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
I suspect they did it on purpose and changed it because people made a stink about it...but sometimes I can be pretty cynical.

Noooooo.  Say it isn't so!  Is that what it's called, cynical?  I always figured it was just Pan-think.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
Yeah I hear ya Pandora. It just gets so exhausting kicking over rocks and finding cockroaches (read: democrats) and scorpions (read: progressives) under EVERY SINGLE ONE. It would be so nice to actually find someone out there that was actually just dumb as a box of rocks and that was what the problem was...not that they actually had a hidden agenda to impoverish and enslave the population of the world, if you get what I'm sayin'.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
I getcha.  My thought is, village idiot, Loki; village idiot, Loki ......... hmmm.  The former causes damage through stupidity, the latter through malice.  The former may be responsible for less egregiousness, but one needs to keep a wary eye on them at all times; the latter can simply be finally put aside and be done with.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:51 PM »
The White House giving out info for a movie to be released just before the election? Coinsidence. Move along....nothing to see.

What happened to the liberal "I hate war" mantra?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »
The White House giving out info for a movie to be released just before the election? Coinsidence. Move along....nothing to see.

What happened to the liberal "I hate war" mantra?

Samantha Power.