Author Topic: 50 Things I Learned From the Movies  (Read 860 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
50 Things I Learned From the Movies
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
1. All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.

2. Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.

3. The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there, and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.

4. Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant.

5. It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are visiting.

6. A cough is usually the sign of a terminal illness.

7. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.

8. No matter how badly a spaceship is attacked, its internal gravity system is never damaged.

9. The more a man and a woman hate each other, the more likely they will fall in love.

10. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they’re going to go off.

And more.

/hat tip AoS
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: 50 Things I Learned From the Movies
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Some of my favorites:

13. If you try hard enough, you can outrun an explosion.

16. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.

27. People rarely use the bathroom, and if they do, they’re usually dead within minutes.

33. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your room will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.

42. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
33 and 42 are good.  This one ...

45. Action heroes never face charges for manslaughter or criminal damage despite laying entire cities to waste.

One exception, at least, is Demolition Man.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »
51.  My computer beeped when I hit enter, to post this.